• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Everyone including myself has repeatedly mentioned that he could be a good player in a slower league like Italy.
I didn't say Elneny can do what he does. I just showed Elneny as an example to prove that using a video of a single pass by a player is not a valid argument.
The video was only provided because you at first denied that he passes the ball forward and only passes it sideways or slow and diagonally. Once the video was provided to show otherwise then the debate was done. Rather than accept posters point you then switched to debating the merits of the video.

The stats provided the point that the poster made, the video demonstrated that point. Saying you could do the same for Elneny means nothing because the hard facts and statistics clearly demonstrate that nobody in the league let alone El-clarted-neny comes near Xhaka when it comes to passes into the final third.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The video was only provided because you at first denied that he passes the ball forward and only passes it sideways or slow and diagonally. Once the video was provided to show otherwise then the debate was done. Rather than accept posters point you then switched to debating the merits of the video.

The stats provided the point that the poster made, the video demonstrated that point. Saying you could do the same for Elneny means nothing because the hard facts and statistics clearly demonstrate that nobody in the league let alone El-clarted-neny comes near Xhaka when it comes to passes into the final third.
I told "most" of his passes were diagonal and slow. Then he took a pass that was made after Liverpool had already stopped caring about the match. That doesn't really mean "most". Does it?

Jae

Might be just me, but I noticed our players seem reluctant to pass to him? Particularly our defenders. I he's an option in midfield they seem to bypass him.

Impact

Established Member
The point was made earlier about whether Xhaka's ability to pass the ball into final third was worth any commendation. Well look at the second goal today. His pass puts Özil in the position to play the killer ball to Maitland-Niles.

Xhaka has his faults (and some serious ones at that) but his passing can be so so good.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Might be just me, but I noticed our players seem reluctant to pass to him? Particularly our defenders. I he's an option in midfield they seem to bypass him.
I couldn't figure out if players were really reluctant or they just had better options. But I did see his involvement in the game much less compared to other matches. Would be interesting to see his number of touches in this match.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I couldn't figure out if players were really reluctant or they just had better options. But I did see his involvement in the game much less compared to other matches. Would be interesting to see his number of touches in this match.

Our other players inability to make the correctly decision can hardly be Xhakas fault

He has as always been all alone in defensive duties in midfield today

Ceballos been up there playing with the frontline

Guendozis as usual all over the place

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Our other players inability to make the correctly decision can hardly be Xhakas fault

He has as always been all alone in defensive duties in midfield today

Ceballos Bern Up there playing with the frontline

Guendozis as usual all over the place
Don't think Xhaka positioned himself well to receive the ball there. But can't blame Xhaka for our performance today.
Gendouzi gave one of his worst performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom