• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He had error prone defenders and an error prone DM last year.

I repeat why have we not addressed that in the transfer window. We even bought another error prone ageing defender. That’s on Raul not Emery.
So, you really are blaming Raul for our s**t season so far, aren't you.

We might start blaming blaming the tea lady soon FFS.

Our s**t football is on Emery, not on Raul. This is probably our best transfer window in a decade and the manager is playing s*it football yet you're blaming Raul.

I don't even know if you're on a wind-up at this point

Pepes blue pill

So, you really are blaming Raul for our s**t season so far, aren't you.

We might start blaming blaming the tea lady soon FFS.

Our s**t football is on Emery, not on Raul. This is probably our best transfer window in a decade and the manager is playing s*it football yet you're blaming Raul.

I don't even know if you're on a wind-up at this point

People wanted wenger to go, he wanted wenger to stay

People wanted to give emery a chance, he didnt want emery

People want emery gone, he wants emery to stay

I see his game....

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Anyway, as always people are over the top with their criticism. 5 games in we’re equal 3rd with 8 points, having only lost to Liverpool. The league is all about how you do over 38 games not 5.

My worry is how the media attention effects the players. They need to stay strong ready for the return of Bellerin and Tierney, which should have a reasonable impact.

Still expecting a top 4 finish and an improvement on last year. Remember Klopp’s first two seasons was 8th and 4th.

People were way too quick to get on Emery's back. It happened as early as 4 or 5 months into his reign. Granted it seems to have gone worse lately and right now there are legitimate reasons for the backlash. This is probably how it is going to be with every new manager we get, give him 6 months, then if they don't like what they see, they will ask him to be sacked and start thinking of a new manager to replace him.

Same kind of thing is slowly starting with Pepe. After 5 games we already have the early murmurings of discontent, they aren't happy with what he has shown so far.

In both of these cases their predictions could turn out to be correct, something they predicted very early on. It still doesn't make it right in my eyes. It seems sometimes people are just a little too eager for things to go tits up.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Would still look awful at it as we seem to have no movement when doing it, its almost like zonal passing out from the back, its horrible

We know it's awful but its still begs the question , Also it helps immensely in open play . Since we spend so much time passing in our own half /

Pepes blue pill

We know it's awful but its still begs the question , Also it helps immensely in open play . Since we spend so much time passing in our own half /

I agree with you, just pointing out, U cant be good at passing from the back, no matter what players u got, if the teams isnt trained correctly....

pikey2000

People were way too quick to get on Emery's back. It happened as early as 4 or 5 months into his reign. Granted it seems to have gone worse lately and right now there are legitimate reasons for the backlash. This is probably how it is going to be with every new manager we get, give him 6 months, then if they don't like what they see, they will ask him to be sacked and start thinking of a new manager to replace him.

Same kind of thing is slowly starting with Pepe. After 5 games we already have the early murmurings of discontent, they aren't happy with what he has shown so far.

In both of these cases their predictions could turn out to be correct, something they predicted very early on. It still doesn't make it right in my eyes. It seems sometimes people are just a little too eager for things to go tits up.

This is football unfortunately, we were very active over the transfer window, offloading players we all agreed were dross, signing some exciting players ie Pepe, Ceballos, Tierney, and therefore the expectation for us to improve on the pitch performances is only natural, and when it doesn't pan out that way questions will be asked, that is the same in any walk of life.

He had a free pass last season as it wasn't his "squad" this season is very much make or break, i'm still hopeful of top four and an upturn in performance when we have two legit starting full backs in the side BUT for me I need to see us starting to control games again, at present we at best control 1 half of a game, in some cases less than 1 half, against Watford i would say we were in control for 30 mins of the game, that needs to improve, the squad is good enough and we should be dictating against the mid/lower end sides more than we are and i think that is most peoples concern.

For me January could be pivotal for his tenure, if we get an established LW suddenly we don't have to move Auba out wide, the offence starts to bang and relieves the pressure on defence.....exciting times

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Pls, does anyone know if clause in Emery's contract permit dismissal without payment or compensation?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

People wanted wenger to go, he wanted wenger to stay

People wanted to give emery a chance, he didnt want emery

People want emery gone, he wants emery to stay

I see his game....
Really?

I don't know why I allowed myself to be triggered by that post

Pepes blue pill

Just put a tenner on emery being the next prem manager to leave his post, its unlikely but cant think of any manager who is on the brink atm and think theres a bit of value there...obv only a tenner as its a long shot

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Just put a tenner on emery being the next prem manager to leave his post, its unlikely but cant think of any manager who is on the brink atm and think theres a bit of value there...obv only a tenner as its a long shot
I think one of the newly promoted teams might sack their manager first

Pepes blue pill

I think one of the newly promoted teams might sack their manager first

Hence the small amount, only one I would worry about out of the newly promoted sides is dean smith atm but hopefully the board know it was a miracle he got them up in the 1st place, they spent alot tho so need to improve....I actually backed em to win the play offs so hopefully they do me good again n hold fire

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This is football unfortunately, we were very active over the transfer window, offloading players we all agreed were dross, signing some exciting players ie Pepe, Ceballos, Tierney, and therefore the expectation for us to improve on the pitch performances is only natural, and when it doesn't pan out that way questions will be asked, that is the same in any walk of life.

He had a free pass last season as it wasn't his "squad" this season is very much make or break, i'm still hopeful of top four and an upturn in performance when we have two legit starting full backs in the side BUT for me I need to see us starting to control games again, at present we at best control 1 half of a game, in some cases less than 1 half, against Watford i would say we were in control for 30 mins of the game, that needs to improve, the squad is good enough and we should be dictating against the mid/lower end sides more than we are and i think that is most peoples concern.

For me January could be pivotal for his tenure, if we get an established LW suddenly we don't have to move Auba out wide, the offence starts to bang and relieves the pressure on defence.....exciting times

He didn't really get a free pass last season. When last season ended he was getting it from all corners. He blew the top four, blew the final etc. While he deserved some criticism for those, he inherited the 6th best side in the league, a very unbalanced squad.

The watford debacle was unacceptable. It was the first time where I even lost some confidence in Emery, so I don't blame people if they want him out now. I was talking about people wanting him out before this season even kicked off.

We had a good transfer window even if we haven't been able to field all our new signings yet. Which makes the lack of any progress even more damming. I will still give him till the end of the season, there is plenty of time to turn things around. He needs to do it fast though and now he hasn't got much room for any major setbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom