• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Lmao at everyone here being worried about him. Any time Auba had a bad game last season you all wrote him off and said you preferred Lacazette. Now you all are bum licking him worried he was gonna leave, don’t you lot prefer Lacazette anyway? I thought we didn’t need Auba if we had Laca.

Fickle f*cks, the lot of you.
I'm still in the same position I was a year ago... Happy to have both.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Is that true or just a feeling. I had a look.

Last season there were 28 games where we either 2-0 or 2-1 and either held on to the lead or went on to win by more. And there were 4 games where we went on to draw or lose. I’m not sure that’s too bad to be honest. What would be reasonable?

It’s a reputation we have but does it have legs. We’ve had 1 this season and it’s sent fans into melt down.

I think you've shown it is a reputation we dont deserve. There is no escaping the fact that we were horrendous in the 2nd half vs Watford but City were beaten at home by Newcastle the day before and I dont hear City fans shouting Pep out! I would like to see Xhaka dropped and have Willock/Guen or Willock/Torreira. I also think until we get a big beast of a CB we will always be vulnerable in defence. We dont keep enough clean sheets, we should have had one on Sun but the goal we gave them lifted their spirit and they got another.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
goal we gave them lifted their spirit and they got another.
I'd argue they would have gotten that other goal regardless of the first. Watford foght pretty hard for the full 90 minutes. They never gave up, even at 2-0 down they were running at us with every opportunity.
I agree it lifted them but I felt nervous all game even at 2-0 up.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Valid point. I'm more upset about the way we capitulated rather than what we had at half time.
Like at @Trilly said in an earlier post. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why we fold. We held out really well against Sp**s last season. That 4-2 win was the exact opposite of bottling, a real scrap. We kept our shape really well.

Then suddenly against Palace we lose 3-2 at home. How?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I think you've shown it is a reputation we dont deserve. There is no escaping the fact that we were horrendous in the 2nd half vs Watford but City were beaten at home by Newcastle the day before and I dont hear City fans shouting Pep out! I would like to see Xhaka dropped and have Willock/Guen or Willock/Torreira. I also think until we get a big beast of a CB we will always be vulnerable in defence. We dont keep enough clean sheets, we should have had one on Sun but the goal we gave them lifted their spirit and they got another.
Xhaka is not good enough, too slow, not very aware and rash. The two lads are learning. Torreira is OK though. But that midfield is very vulnerable. Add Sokratis and Luiz behind them :eek:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Like at @Trilly said in an earlier post. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why we fold. We held out really well against Sp**s last season. That 4-2 win was the exact opposite of bottling, a real scrap. We kept our shape really well.

It is baffling. You can't fix the problem until it is isolated and I think you've got a good point here @Trilly... How does a manager fix mentality if we show grit in one game and no spine in the next?

I would argue that even though we should have won we fought hard against the **** this season as well. The momentum was robbed from us but we did what Wenger would have been proud of and regained it to draw the game.. "If you can't win, don't lose".
Watford, for me, doesn't rank in the same category. We fell apart and gave them momentum. And inexplicably so.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It is baffling. You can't fix the problem until it is isolated and I think you've got a good point here @Trilly... How does a manager fix mentality if we show grit in one game and no spine in the next?

I would argue that even though we should have won we fought hard against the **** this season as well. The momentum was robbed from us but we did what Wenger would have been proud of and regained it to draw the game.. "If you can't win, don't lose".
Watford, for me, doesn't rank in the same category. We fell apart and gave them momentum. And inexplicably so.
The key for me was the tipping point. Sokratis ‘gave’ them a goal. If they score through good play we can accept that. But when we make howlers, which is frequent, that’s when the boys lose heart and fold. It shouldn’t be that way,though. PEA had already given us an excellent two goal lead.

It’s as if they’re thinking, ‘Oh no, not again, hide!’.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The key for me was the tipping point. Sokratis ‘gave’ them a goal. If they score through good play we can accept that. .
Totally. And there were moments where they could have had another. Felt Delofeu was quite selfish at times when he could have set another up but had a shot and passed it when he should have had a shot.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Inconsistent players?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Xhaka is not good enough, too slow, not very aware and rash. The two lads are learning. Torreira is OK though. But that midfield is very vulnerable. Add Sokratis and Luiz behind them :eek:

Yes our midfield is vulnerable and they are protecting a vulnerable defence. Ideally we need a big powerful CB & DM to give us a decent backbone.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The key for me was the tipping point. Sokratis ‘gave’ them a goal. If they score through good play we can accept that. But when we make howlers, which is frequent, that’s when the boys lose heart and fold. It shouldn’t be that way,though. PEA had already given us an excellent two goal lead.

It’s as if they’re thinking, ‘Oh no, not again, hide!’.
Howlers in our team are contagious. Sokratis makes a mistake and it makes Luiz nervous. A top class CB drags us through the game. There is literally few combinations where our CB's can trust each other to take care of their own business and cover for each other. The equally suspect midfield leaves strikers dropping deep and defenders running forward. Eventually, only the GK is where he's meant to be! Howleritis spreads like wild fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom