• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It looks like Emery just wants to play without a midfield. We play with a 6-0-4 formation, absorb tons of pressure and then try to score with our four attackers either from pressing and forcing turnovers or catching them on the counter.

Just a nightmare to watch.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The good sign of emery that he not afraid to give youngesters chance to impress.

But still if we not improve away form he'll not survive we can't go every away game conceding 20+ shots.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
The game was much closer than a 0:3.
Two goals after the red card, but offensively it was okay on counters. Created enough and good chances for an away team.

Defensively it was the same like the last game. Maybe shots from the other teams, not always top chances, but the defensive has so much pressure, normally it's not possible to survive this without condeding.

I don't think this will improve one day under Emery.

Iceman10

Established Member
In every match we've played so far, including at Frankfurt, there noticeably have been large periods of play where we become very lethargic and passive off the ball when the other team has possession. This is not just a selection and tactics issue, even though there are things to sort out with those also. There is a general energy / dynamism issue over 90 minutes.

One could say it is early in the season and our players are not as match fit as they would be later on in the season, but it is the same for all clubs, and so there seems to be a training intensity issue, as well as an in-game management issue. When our players start dropping off and conceding lots of space to run at us the manager needs to be quickly shouting at the players from the touchline that that is unacceptable, they need to up their energy levels, and press more (in addition to shape issues). I have heard our club characterised as a "luxury club" by some recently, but we can't be a club that allows our players to be soft, in terms of physical demands.

This observation is far from picking out a silver bullet to fix all our issues. It is just one more observation on top of other stuff.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People keep talking about the defense, but our general play is so bad. It’s worse than Utd at Mourinho if you remember that.

My fear is that results will get him an extension. Utd and Chelsea are so weak that I’m pretty sure we’re getting top 4 even with all these problems. Unless the club are really dynamic, he’ll get that extension.

People keep talking about the defense, but our general play is so bad. It’s worse than Utd at Mourinho if you remember that.

My fear is that results will get him an extension. Utd and Chelsea are so weak that I’m pretty sure we’re getting top 4 even with all these problems. Unless the club are really dynamic, he’ll get that extension.

Yeah, I would like to see a stat about our possession this season. Feels like we are not keeping the ball well enough.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Club have to be brave, Emery must be let go based on his football.

If he gets top 4, he’ll actually go out on a high, as someone who came here, help transition the team and get us back in the CL, will leave with my respect.

Impact

Established Member

If he gets top 4, he’ll actually go out on a high, as someone who came here, help transition the team and get us back in the CL, will leave with my respect.

Agreed. The only way Emery warrants an extension on results alone is if we finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League.

Iceman10

Established Member

I'm all for constructive criticism of Emery (and praise when there are some good things), and also that he should go if we don't get CL football for 2020/21.

I'm also ok for saying we can review things in December once there are no excuses regarding absence of Holding and our best full-backs, and also more than enough time for new players to have bedded in.

For anything before December though, I really don't rate much of the comments on these lines in this thread very seriously, especially when I see clowns bringing up Mourinho's name. Sorry if that comes across as offensive to some, but that's just how I feel about those types of comments here.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Since Emery has been here I can’t remember a half where we’ve dominated playing threatening football.

It’s always been this weird messy and passive bollocks.
Second half against Leicester was the probably the best we've produced.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
3xnjytjghjn31.jpg
Bümery ultras:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom