• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Ultimately I don't think he's the right one to take us forward. Bar a run of relegation form at some point, I think he'll probably make it til the end of the season, which is fair enough really, can't say he hasn't been given a fair chance then.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I refuse to vote for Arteta, y'all didn't want to know when I was bigging him up initially now he's the A-M favourite?

GDeep™

League is very weak
You bet I don't want beautiful football that loses anymore, I've had enough of that for the past decade. And to be honest this is the era of ugly football, only Man City are easy on the eye. If Emery can turn it around with the results (although all that has been bad on that front until now is two draws,) I don't mind keeping him even if we concede 100 shots per game and win with 2 shots on target. Mourinho and Ferguson among others have been winning like that a lot.

However, I have also been underwhelmed by our start to the season, even worse than the last one tactically, no players look like they have improved anymore (bar maybe Aubameyang and Guendouzi,) the subs and tactical adjustments haven't offered anything midgame etc. Not good.
When did Ferguson or Mourinho teams give you free shots like you’re saying?

Also, it’s not attacking football that failed us over the last 10 years, biggest issue was budget.

Emery is a big fat bum, no excuses. The last 12/13 league games have been bordering a disgrace.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I want Wenger back to steady the ship until the summer, ala Heynckes at Bayern two seasons back.

Knows the club and the league inside out and the rest will have done him a world of good.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
When did Ferguson or Mourinho teams give you free shots like you’re saying?

Free shots no, and never as many as we currently do, but they did concede a lot shots at times and would still go on to win. Let me remind you of some of our losses or draws against them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Free shots no, and never as many as we currently do, but they did concede a lot shots at times and would still go on to win. Let me remind you of some of our losses or draws against them.

You’ll be lucky to get a shot against a peak Mourinho team, or when Utd had Rio and Vidic, I remember Fergie and Jose teams as solid.

We created chances against them, but we were one of the biggest attacking threats in Europe under Wenger. Over the last 20 years only Barcelona can claim to be a consistently better attacking team.

Emery needs to sort it out, Frankfurt had 7 shots in the first 21 minutes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You guys seen the Pep quotes on Arteta? Think he’s being groomed for City now.

Football is about risks, we played it safe with Emery and it’s backfired.

This world would stagnate without people taking risks and just going with what has a track record or is documented.

We’ve gone backwards under Emery.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good test for Rodgers today btw, has to do something in game like this, Sp**s at home.

They were terrible away to Utd.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Good test for Rodgers today btw, has to do something in game like this, Sp**s at home.

They are terrible away in general. Probably as bad as us, maybe worse.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I honestly think Rodgers lacks something, I don't really know what it is but I think there's just something lacking that stops him going from very good to elite level. It might be his personality, I'm not sure if it's the type to really motivate his players to go beyond themselves. Klopp for example, you can see the difference he made to Liverpool almost immediately compared to them under Rodgers even in the 15/16 season with games away to Chelsea, City and the comeback vs Dortmund. Heck even the game vs us at Anfield.

Think Rodgers has rubbed quite a few players the wrong way too. Suarez being the obvious one, it was Gerrard who had to act as peacemaker. Sterling too. Then at Celtic Dembele to this day still has pot shots at him. In the 13/14 he did well from a tactical point of view to come up with a system to get the best out of his key attacking players. But after Suarez left, Sturridge got injured and then inevitably Sterling left he just couldn't get anywhere near the level previously. That 6-1 defeat to Stoke, the defeat to a poor Villa side in the FA Cup semi-finals, getting knocked out in Europe to Basel and Besiktas all in the 14/15 season says a lot. Also his record in the transfer market has been very questionable. Not just at Liverpool but there was a lot of duds at Celtic, especially when prior to him arriving Celtic had such a good record with the likes of Van Dijk and Wanyama.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Really says how little I rate Emery right now that I'm entertaining the idea of Mourinho...

Allegri is probably the obvious shout but I think another team will get in there first. Not against Arteta to be honest, it's a punt but you would hope he has learned a lot from Pep, a lot of the top managers have worked under a star manager first. Rodgers I agree is missing something and is a weirdo.

Also, I forgot how triggering that misspelling of Vieira is :D

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Vieira? Makes Merson seem intelligent.

People wanting Rodgers can just f*ck off, just for his cheesy speeches and his over using of the word "passion".

I am not pushing for a new manager ar present hiwever I've always liked Howe.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It’s crazy that we haven’t moved for Allegri yet, unless he doesn’t want to come. He’s not a long term option but our players need to learn some discipline and he comes without the baggage that someone like Mourinho brings.

The football will not be pretty but he makes us a hard team to beat and wins Aubameyang a trophy before he decides to bolt. Allegri is the only option until Nagelsmann has had enough of Leipzig and wants to move to a top club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom