• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Best Arsenal player ever I think, Vieira.

Would you be in favour of him getting the managers job? Or is there a risk that it could hurt his legacy if he were to fail for example, tho maybe it's a risk worth taking.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He’s the reason our midfield is so pourous and easy to counter. Good passer of the ball but terrible defensively.

A lot of the reason he looks so glaringly bad at times , is because of the midfield set up . He's just left isolated and Torreira is instructed to play the Coq/Kante role . We couldn't even do that in the Vieira days without Petit or Bert.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He was incredible last night.

Which means we should ship him off back to Bundesliga. He'll be a king there.

I think he likes it best when the game is at a slow tempo.

He doesn't think quickly enough for top level football or at least premier league football. If he does think quick enough his body is too slow to react. To my eyes, Xhaka's worst performances have been during high tempo games.

Granted, Granit can stink the join out any given week against any opposition but it's just a pattern I've noticed.

He'd do well in Serie A.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He’s the reason our midfield is so pourous and easy to counter. Good passer of the ball but terrible defensively.
He's a clown defensively at times but in my opinion we are porous due to the way we are set up rather than just the personnel.

Vs Burnley and Newcastle everything felt much more solid as the CMs were instructed to hold their position in a 433, it was more rigid. Since then its been one guy sitting in front of the defence and the two other midfielders barely in sight. Have a look at the Frankfurt extended highlights and look how isolated Xhaka is constantly.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He'd do well in Serie A.
Like Mkhy was and Özil recently is, Xhaka is not up to scratch for the pace of the Premier League. This doesn't make them bad players, but the PL is very niche in terms of it's pace, so a lot of players flop here and can't handle it. The sooner we realise that the better.

If you're going to be really slow like Xhaka, then you need something else about you. Cazorla was an elite dribbler and executed quick passing even though he didn't have legs. But Xhaka's brain operates as quickly as his legs do.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

He is the one who is there all by himself ffs

Guendozi is all over the place

You sheeple ***** about Xhaka fouling too much but that is because he is there all alone

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He is the one who is there all by himself ffs

Guendozi is all over the place

You sheeple ***** about Xhaka fouling too much but that is because he is there all alone
Not sure its on either player but the manager. The set up is really hard to comprehend for fans, ex players & pundits alike.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Oh. Now they are blaming Gendouzi and manager for his brainfarts.

How is Gendouzi responsible for Xhaka lunging into Son in the box when he was in no position to shoot?

How is Gendouzi/manager responsible for Xhaka pulling down a Brighton player dribbling close to the corner line and gifting away points?

And how the **** is Gendouzi/Emery responsible for his brainfart against Portugal where he had plenty of options to pass and still managed to **** up?

I guess Xhaka fans are looking at him as a role model. They are doing the same thing that Xhaka does. Blaming others for his mistakes.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Oh. Now they are blaming Gendouzi and manager for his brainfarts.

How is Gendouzi responsible for Xhaka lunging into Son in the box when he was in no position to shoot?

How is Gendouzi/manager responsible for Xhaka pulling down a Brighton player dribbling close to the corner line and gifting away points?

And how the **** is Gendouzi/Emery responsible for his brainfart against Portugal where he had plenty of options to pass and still managed to **** up?

I guess Xhaka fans are looking at him as a role model. They are doing the same thing that Xhaka does. Blaming others for his mistakes.

Would the brainfarts happen in a properly organized team where People are where they are supposed to be?

Luiz has had more brainfarts in His games with is then he ever has with chelski...

Mustafi played in a wc winning Side

Sokratis was a solid pro

Pepe scored and assisted

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Would the brainfarts happen in a properly organized team where People are where they are supposed to be?

Luiz has had more brainfarts in His games with is then he ever has with chelski...

Mustafi played in a wc winning Side

Sokratis was a solid pro

Pepe scored and assisted
What does team's organisation have to do with him lunging when it was totally unnecessary? If the situation was so dire that his tackles were necessary, I would accept. In both the cases that I pointed out, all he had to do was stand and block the lines.
And now you want to say Mustafi is also a good player in order to defend Xhaka? Come on.

And Xhaka did it against Portugal when he had so many options to pass. Is that also because of bad team organisation?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What does team's organisation have to do with him lunging when it was totally unnecessary? If the situation was so dire that his tackles were necessary, I would accept. In both the cases that I pointed out, all he had to do was stand and block the lines.
And now you want to say Mustafi is also a good player in order to defend Xhaka? Come on.

And Xhaka did it against Portugal when he had so many options to pass. Is that also because of bad team organisation?

Pobody si nerfect

He is misused as it is
He doesnt get help
He is put into situations he shouldnt have to be in

His flaws are magnified and His strengths are minimized due to how we setup and play, any semblance of organization, especially in midfield, is only down to him being positionally correct

And constantly critizised even when he isnt doing anything wrong, you have made up your mind and it clouds your eyes
Xhaka makes mistakes
Guendozi IS a constant mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom