• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Was in favour of giving him a whole season. But it will just be a year wasted. Any manager should have a style or philosophy and train his team to play that way. Emery's horses for courses approach will not work. Even if you enforce a style, players take months to get used to it. If you keep changing strategy every ****ing match, players will be obviously left clueless. That's what we are seeing in our games. No one seems to understand what they are supposed to do.

nick gould

I have lost my patience with the manager. The players seem jaded and lack motivation it seems. It's as if they are reserving their energy until a new manager comes. For me the way he set his team up against liverpool may have been the breaking point. The players lost all confidence in him. Liverpool create chances through their full backs and you go there and decide to let their full backs roam unmarked. Our best players in the previous games suddenly looked like amateurs. He didn't even change it even when it was obvious they were being tortured on the pitch.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Emery has to be on the hot seat based on this performance vs Villa, especially if we drop points. Not only has our form been trash, but our overall play has been abysmal as well this season. Today may be the tipping point for the fans.

No sense of identity in attack, odd personnel choices, as well as a defense that hasn’t improved and still is **** as ever (although I’ll give him a slight pass for that since the personnel isn’t up to par), but I’m doubtful that Bellerin and Tierney will improve things drastically even if our attack should get better.

Never thought he was the man to lead us to titles, but top 4 is not asking for much, it’s the bare minimum, given our squad. I appreciate his intensity and passion, learning the English language, etc., but that alone doesn’t win you games. Was given the benefit of the doubt for last season’s late collapse ending in failure to achieve top 4, but that may have been a foreshadowing of what’s to come.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He‘s not getting sacked, forget about it. This game will be used for months to justify Emery‘s position here. Like that unbeaten run last season.

See you boys in summer! (Hopefully)

giphy.gif

Toast

Established Member
A contract extension is surely off the table by now. He's clearly not the man for us long-term. All that's left to decide is when to let him go.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He still can't get the balance of the midfield yet. While that's the case we'll continue to struggle. No doubt he'll get it wrong next weekend as well.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Best case scenario he gets top 4 and is let go.. Luckily Manu, Chelsea and Sp**s are bad too so it should be doable.. I have no faith in our performances improving though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom