• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It goes unnoticed but his decisions to carry and when to release is actually quite advanced for his age.
This is why I use the word 'maturity' with Willock so often. He seems very advanced in decision making for a youngster. Bit of a silly decision to try carry on alone against Watford when PEA was open but it has been the exception not the norm with him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wanted to watch his box to box run in the 2nd half in all its glory but the match telecast director kept showing closeups and ruined it.
Best part about that run was the final ball at the end.

This is why I use the word 'maturity' with Willock so often. He seems very advanced in decision making for a youngster. Bit of a silly decision to try carry on alone against Watford when PEA was open but it has been the exception not the norm with him.
Yeah but to be fair that was a pretty fraught game for most of the team that half, particularly for Willock and Nelson. Willock has always made good decisions though, it's why Wenger played him as much as he did despite his lack of experience.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He barely gets spoken about like a young player anymore.

I said it before and i’ll say it again, I can see him being an established first team player by the end of the season, not just some young guy who makes a handful of appearances.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think I rate him over Guendouzi. But to be fair Guendouzi has had so many minutes so i’ve seen more of him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
To be honest he's been our best performer in midfield this season. I also think he should be the first name that springs to mind in midfield when Emery is conjuring up his eleven when away from home.

He can handle the 50/50 duels, and physicality of tough away games better than the likes of Guendouzi and Ceballos for example.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
To be honest he's been our best performer in midfield this season. I also think he should be the first name that springs to mind in midfield when Emery is conjuring up his eleven when away from home.

He can handle the 50/50 duels, and physicality of tough away games better than the likes of Guendouzi and Ceballos for example.

I agree, he should never have been dropped. I would play Willock/Guen or him Willock/Torreira in most games.

Iceman10

Established Member
A real presence. Stamps his authority on games. Has the energy and ability to carry when needed, physicality too.

I think we could be better in CM with Guendouzi + Willock than with Guendouzi + Xhaka, but it really depends on the manager setting up the players to suit their strengths and what the team balance needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom