• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Oh trust me, there's been a lot of admonishing of players. Go on the AMN, David Luiz, Soktratis and Emery sections. Are we not allowed to discuss our annoyance at Xhaka on the Xhaka section?

But to say we finally won when he didnt play is just silly

Correlation is not causation

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I'd have Torreira shielding the back line partnered with Guendouzi.

From watching Xhaka play I honestly cannot tell you what position he is trying to play. All I know is that I want Torreira on the pitch before him.

How can you play a guy without positioning at DM?

It wont matter if Guendozi gets to play with Torreira either

What we should do is play 1dm and 2cms

That is better for all involved cms regardless whom you prefer playing

OmegaOs

You're right but there's a lot of damning evidence that suggests he is one factor that is holding the club back for numerous years. Can you at least attest to this?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
How can you play a guy without positioning at DM?

It wont matter if Guendozi gets to play with Torreira either

What we should do is play 1dm and 2cms

That is better for all involved cms regardless whom you prefer playing
Torreira plays DM role in Uruguay and does well enough. He is misused by Emery. This is only an argument if Xhaka has been tremendous for us so far. But unfortunately that's not the case. There is nothing wrong with trying Torreira there. Can't get worse than Xhaka.

Pepes blue pill

Feel bad for saying it but was hoping he had a injury when he went down during the game, not a bad one but one that keeps him out long enough for emery to see he is not needed

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Except in this case, it was clearly causation. Have been telling for months that the extra second he takes to get the ball under control means a lot. We removed that delay by substituting him and all of a sudden, our forwards started to finding themselves in much better position. That's because Villa defenders didn't have enough time to cover. Our passes were quick and Villa didn't have time to react.
It was clear for everyone to see except Xhaka fans.

Kav

Established Member
I think he gets into the team because of his professionalism and leadership qualities. Sadly he is too slow for the team and his passing is not good enough (it has improved but still below par). Even worse is that he routinely gives away a penalty, foul, gets a red or does something stupid every 5 games or so. I honestly don't know why Emery persists with him.

To think we were coming from a midfield of Santi, coquelin,Ramsey, wilshere, Özil to this crap.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Xhaka has been awful this season and needs dropping. I say this as someone who thought Xhaka was amongst our top 5 players last season.

OmegaOs

I think he gets into the team because of his professionalism and leadership qualities. Sadly he is too slow for the team and his passing is not good enough (it has improved but still below par). Even worse is that he routinely gives away a penalty, foul, gets a red or does something stupid every 5 games or so. I honestly don't know why Emery persists with him.

To think we were coming from a midfield of Santi, coquelin,Ramsey, wilshere, Özil to this crap.
I'm not too sure he has a lot of professionalism. He's a very dirty and snide player. Lots of shirt-pulling and reckless tackles, I'm surprised no one has been seriously injured by him yet. He's the least inspiring captain to our club since Gallas imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom