• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingofthebongo

I thought he was going to be the main play maker/dribbler in the final third but perhaps that's not his game. I still think he can become a serious threat with his pace, goals, erratic dribbling, final ball, but what the team desperately needs for balance is someone who is so comfortable with the ball to feet. Quick feet, assured touches, good enough to play in midfield but with some pace. A Nasri type, Bernardo/david Silva/young Mata.

That will round out the strike force imo

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Feels like he keeps receiving the ball too deep and has to beat two defenders to do anything

Gunner140

I think it was a good match for Pepe. He scored that penalty goal despite being under immense pressure. He even took the shot right down the middle.

He was quite dangerous in a match where he basically didn't get any kind of service.

Most of all, he managed to make the best ever bicycle kick pass :)

All in all, a positive performance from Pepe as things will probably be a lot easier for him now.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thought that was the main reason we bought him?

Think we bought him to be an effective winger/forward

Aren't really any wingers who would be effective with that much work to do each time they have the ball.

Think he should be doing more but don't think we're setting ourselves up to make that happen. Of course could be him but he seemed to be able to do it for another team so I suspect it's us...

Think we bought him to be an effective winger/forward

Aren't really any wingers who would be effective with that much work to do each time they have the ball.

Think he should be doing more but don't think we're setting ourselves up to make that happen. Of course could be him but he seemed to be able to do it for another team so I suspect it's us...

I really thought the goal with this signing was getting player who could get the ball a little deeper and carry it, attract 1-2 defenders, create space for others or getting one two and get him self a chance. A little bit dribbling creator?

But guess we are expecting him to be Theo Walcott then?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm with hydro here. A big problem for us was lack of wingers who could carry the ball up the pitch. If you look at Chelsea 14/15 Hazard and Willian both capable of carrying the ball from deep and getting it into the final third. I thought the idea was something similar. Emery has the same philosophy for his wingers. He's never really had wingers who's primary focus was goal-scoring.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Too many excuses for the 80m black Mkhitaryan, but if I speak I am in big trouble...
You just might be the worst poster in the world, and I'm not just talking forums.

Reddit, forums, youtube/media website comments you name it.

Tir Na Nog

Bayern with Ribery and Robben in 2013 was similar, the carry the ball long distances. They didn't wait for them to be given the ball in the final 3rd, they collect the ball fairly deep with it and dribble toward the opposition defence, creating space, drawing out defenders, etc.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'm with hydro here. A big problem for us was lack of wingers who could carry the ball up the pitch. If you look at Chelsea 14/15 Hazard and Willian both capable of carrying the ball from deep and getting it into the final third. I thought the idea was something similar. Emery has the same philosophy for his wingers. He's never really had wingers who's primary focus was goal-scoring.
If he wants him to carry the ball then he needs to play him wider.

He exclusively plays in the congested tramlines for us, because Unai believes that the touchline must be vacated for the attacking phenom that is Maitland-Niles.

Btw you lost me at your first sentence.;)

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
You just might be the worst poster in the world, and I'm not just talking forums.

Reddit, forums, youtube/media website comments you name it.
I forgot we are not allowed to criticize a player until he has played 200 games for us.

LG10

I really thought the goal with this signing was getting player who could get the ball a little deeper and carry it, attract 1-2 defenders, create space for others or getting one two and get him self a chance. A little bit dribbling creator?

But guess we are expecting him to be Theo Walcott then?
He can dribble past multiple players and has done that already for us. He has that in his locker as well as being a goalscorer that is willing to run in behind, He's gonna be top class once he gets used to the league and his teammates, he's already shown flashes of what he's capable of.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I forgot we are not allowed to criticize a player until he has played 200 games for us.
You criticise players before they're linked with us, ffs.

Point is Reed babes, players from overseas need time. With a bit of luck Pepe could literally be a goal a game or close to. His overall performances have been pretty good. Rewind 20 years and you would have said Henry was ****. The potential is there for all to see so save you wrath for people that deserve it.

Tir Na Nog

If he wants him to carry the ball then he needs to play him wider.

He exclusively plays in the congested tramlines for us, because Unai believes that the touchline must be vacated for the attacking phenom that is Maitland-Niles.

Btw you lost me at your first sentence.;)

Yeah but you look at someone like Hazard who's absolutely brilliant at carrying the ball even in congested areas of the pitch. Also full-backs overlapping is a big part of Emery's game and he's not gonna change that. Once Tierney/Bellerin are back we'll probably get more joy from this.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah but you look at someone like Hazard who's absolutely brilliant at carrying the ball even in congested areas of the pitch. Also full-backs overlapping is a big part of Emery's game and he's not gonna change that. Once Tierney/Bellerin are back we'll probably get more joy from this.
Hazard is one of the best players in the world though although some of AM's brilliant minds wouldn't have you believe that.

Can't remember the exact stat but Hazard was basically the only forward in the premier league that could progress the ball into the final third and then make an impact in the final third. He was a one man attack and no other winger in this league plays like that, and we arguably have three world class wingers in the prem.

Tir Na Nog

Hazard is one of the best players in the world though although some of AM's brilliant minds wouldn't have you believe that.

Can't remember the exact stat but Hazard was basically the only forward in the premier league that could progress the ball into the final third and then make an impact in the final third. He was a one man attack and no other winger in this league plays like that, and we arguably have three world class wingers in the prem.

Well we broke our transfer record for Pepe, even if he was to fall short of Hazard for the money we paid for him you'd be hoping he wouldn't be too far off that level. Especially as the signing was seen as a signal of intent. Especially when we're looking to get back to being competitive again you want your big money signing to be top player. One of the most expensive transfers of last summer, surely you'd be expecting something pretty special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom