• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That was a goal and an assist (two if you count that cross ball to Chambo)?

Hopefully he can build on this.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
A good goal but a bit disappointed with his overall performance. Let‘s hope this gives him confidence that he can do great things with his talent!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I can now see why people say he’s more of an attacking mid than a winger.

Could be your Bernado Silva type but with more of a nose for goal. Even when not playing well he gets into goal scoring positions and he’s as good as anyone in the squad at playing in tight spaces imo.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Solid game, showed some nice footwork and got a goal and assist.

I completely forgot he hasnt scored for Arsenal yet until the commentators said so, it could give him a big confidence boost now.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I can now see why people say he’s more of an attacking mid than a winger.

Could be your Bernado Silva type but with more of a nose for goal. Even when not playing well he gets into goal scoring positions and he’s as good as anyone in the squad at playing in tight spaces imo.
You can see how much sharper he is the more he touches the ball. When I saw him start to combine with Tierney and Özil 1st half I knew he would settle in the game quickly. When he moved to the right his dribbling looked more incisive but less involved with the game so some things didn't come off.

Maybe Silva, possibly bit of Sterling but he defo needs to get involved in the game to show his stuff. I would like to see more dribbling from him but I'm happy for him to lead with his combos and shooting.

Kingofthebongo

Not a very good game, but solid enough. We saw more positive from Reiss and that is hopeful. Kept things more simple and built from there.
He really is looking more like a central attacking player to me.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You can see how much sharper he is the more he touches the ball. When I saw him start to combine with Tierney and Özil 1st half I knew he would settle in the game quickly. When he moved to the right his dribbling looked more incisive but less involved with the game so some things didn't come off.

Maybe Silva, possibly bit of Sterling but he defo needs to get involved in the game to show his stuff. I would like to see more dribbling from him but I'm happy for him to lead with his combos and shooting.
I like that hybrid Sterling/Silva comparison. He could be a very unique type of player if he gets to the type of level we hope he can.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I like that hybrid Sterling/Silva comparison. He could be a very unique type of player if he gets to the type of level we hope he can.
For me its just confidence. Hes taken a lot of criticism in the last 6 months and its defo affected him. A low pressure game like this and 90 mins under his belt, goal and assist, decent all-round game - that's a good building block. Not sure it earns the start hes looking for v Man U but it's a foundation.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I thought he was our best attacking player. I’m not sure where the criticism is coming from. He was a lot more direct than usual, smart and adventurous passing, linked up well with Özil and Martinelli. 1 goal and 1 assist. I think people are way too harsh on him or they expect him to be head and shoulders above everyone else. I think it’s a case of mistaken identity. People thought he was a 1v1 dribbler type when in actuality he’s more of an Iwobi type player but he is capable of doing the 1v1 type as well. There was a moment in the 2nd half where he beat the opposition fullback and whipped in a delicious cross

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Best game so far from Nelson. I like how he always tryna link up with others.

That's his game. He loves to get involved and link up with others.

Özil and Sanchez would have loved playing with Nelson at their best. He can be on their wavelength, technically.

Same with Iwobi, they loved linking with him in 15/16 and 16/17, ignoring the rest of the dross lol.

Difference is Nelson is a more explosive athlete than Iwobi (even though he hasn't shown it much at first team level).

Plus Nelson is much better final third player than Iwobi too.

Impact

Established Member
Started slowly but you could see his confidence grow as the game progressed. His dribbling in particular in tight spaces is great.

I understand the Sterling/Silva comparisons but the player Reiss reminds me most of is Eden Hazard. When he drives out, his balance, ability to feint/go both ways, take a touch etc is scintillating.

A goal and an assist is a strong showing and he could have had one or two more - thinking particularly of his freekick that hit the post.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

People thought he was a 1v1 dribbler type when in actuality he’s more of an Iwobi type player but he is capable of doing the 1v1 type as well.
I think it’s because he’s relatively quick. People (myself included) just assumed he was your typical winger. He’s an attacking midfielder that just happens to be pacy.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I understand the Sterling/Silva comparisons but the player Reiss reminds me most of is Eden Hazard. When he drives out, his balance, ability to feint/go both ways, take a touch etc is scintillating.
Interesting you say that because I think what actually makes Hazard so good. There are only a few like him who can play as silky wide attacking midfielder that is also a productive wide forward. Both at the highest level.

Which basically takes us back to the Bernado Silva/Sterling hybrid. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom