• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa |Sunday 22nd September | KO 16:30 | Not Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

Imagine if that pen had been correctly given to them at the end yesterday, not sure I woulda been able to take it, was a lucky escape rather than a great comeback and their manager really handed to us with his awful game management

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Imagine if that pen had been correctly given to them at the end yesterday, not sure I woulda been able to take it, was a lucky escape rather than a great comeback and their manager really handed to us with his awful game management

Yeah, Dean Smith ****ed up. We were there for the taking, don't switch Trezeguet for Elmohamedy ffs

Pepes blue pill

Yeah, Dean Smith ****ed up. We were there for the taking, don't switch Trezeguet for Elmohamedy ffs

in the lead against ten men against a team who cant defend and he just sat back and let our attackers who are actually good just keep on putting pressure on them :lol: emery owes him a big thank you

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I was very negative the way we went behind, but you have to give the team some credit because they fought in the EPL its not easy even at home to win against 11 men when you are a men down.

What worries me is Sokratis and Luiz they are really all over the place defensivly they are average at best dont know how we can solve this, but we need to adress this would rather drop Sokratis then Luiz.

Also think its time to drop Xhaka for Torreira but we wont cause he is our captain but even a captain should be dropped if he does not perform.

I also dont like the idea to drop Özil just play him at No 10 with Ceballos and Torreira/Guendouzi behind him. we need creativity or would even play Pepe on the left and Özil on the right to roam.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Hey guys. Only fair I drop in and give my reaction, even after a loss.

I'm gutted. And I didn't think I'd be gutted by losing by one goal at the Emirates this season!

I thought we played really really well up until the sending off. Arsenal looked very dangerous in attack during that time, but I thought we were taking advantage of your own defensive frailties well and genuinely thought we could have had another goal. McGinn going very close with another for example. A side point I thought you guys looked so lazy in defence in the first half, I'd be worried if I was in your shoes. But that being said it improved second half for you.

I think once the sending off happened we simply bottled it. I think the game turned from a game where we were playing with the pressure off, where we didn't expect to get anything; to a game where we were leading against 10 men so we SHOULD be winning. And the players folded.

Two stupid errors handed you goals, and the third was a good free kick but it was a silly challenge that gave you the opportunity.

I think Smith should have made some different and earlier subs. Midfield looked tired and we didn't adapt to the situation well enough. Couple the fatigue with the sudden pressure and we folded.

Some other points... I've seen some Villa fans saying we were hard done by with the penalty. I don't agree. I thought it was an absolute stonewall penalty. Stupid challenge from Engels and Guendouzi made sure he got taken out but there can be no complaints.
Only thing I can feel hard done by is the potential hand ball by your defender in the last few minutes. Not sure how that's not a penalty but with the insane way the PL are implementing VAR, who even knows anymore :D

I'm worried. We are attacking well at times, but we need to be smarter. Every game is hard so given an opportunity like yesterday we need to take it.

As for Arsenal, I think you showed you've got the best attack outside the top 2. But defensively things still look shakey for you guys, imo. Doesn't seem to be any urgency in defence. We were getting way too many chances for a newly promoted team away from home.

Overall no complaints from me at the outcome. Just disappointment. I think we threw away a really good chance to put a marker down and boost the team mentally with a huge result.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

I'm gutted. And I didn't think I'd be gutted by losing by one goal at the Emirates this season!

I thought we played really really well up until the sending off. Arsenal looked very dangerous in attack during that time, but I thought we were taking advantage of your own defensive frailties well and genuinely thought we could have had another goal. McGinn going very close with another for example. A side point I thought you guys looked so lazy in defence in the first half, I'd be worried if I was in your shoes. But that being said it improved second half for you.

I think once the sending off happened we simply bottled it. I think the game turned from a game where we were playing with the pressure off, where we didn't expect to get anything; to a game where we were leading against 10 men so we SHOULD be winning. And the players folded.

Two stupid errors handed you goals, and the third was a good free kick but it was a silly challenge that gave you the opportunity.

I think Smith should have made some different and earlier subs. Midfield looked tired and we didn't adapt to the situation well enough. Couple the fatigue with the sudden pressure and we folded.

Some other points... I've seen some Villa fans saying we were hard done by with the penalty. I don't agree. I thought it was an absolute stonewall penalty. Stupid challenge from Engels and Guendouzi made sure he got taken out but there can be no complaints.
Only thing I can feel hard done by is the potential hand ball by your defender in the last few minutes. Not sure how that's not a penalty but with the insane way the PL are implementing VAR, who even knows anymore :D

I'm worried. We are attacking well at times, but we need to be smarter. Every game is hard so given an opportunity like yesterday we need to take it.

As for Arsenal, I think you showed you've got the best attack outside the top 2. But defensively things still look shakey for you guys, imo. Doesn't seem to be any urgency in defence. We were getting way too many chances for a newly promoted team away from home.

Overall no complaints from me at the outcome. Just disappointment. I think we threw away a really good chance to put a marker down and boost the team mentally with a huge result.
Great post Stevo! I thought you guys were really great and, as you say, crumbled. I felt you were really good up until we made the change in midfield. Also not sure why you guys took Trezeguet off who was causing us nightmares.
Great to have you posting every now and again though.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I agree with everything, but what I don’t get is no one has discussed the AMN red card, was that second yellow really deserved? I feel like this is the second time he has received two unfair yellows leading to a sending off

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I agree with everything, but what I don’t get is no one has discussed the AMN red card, was that second yellow really deserved? I feel like this is the second time he has received two unfair yellows leading to a sending off
Doesn't fit the argument of we were crap and we were lucky. In fact Moss was as desperately poor as he usually is, making up his mind on the second AMN yellow based on what he thought he saw some distance from the incident.

In fact, it wasn't even a foul. It was a 50/50 ball, both players went for it and AMN came off worse. I didn't see the Villa players complaining because there was nothing to complain about.

The rearguard action was superb. It was great to see players like Guendouzi, Chambers and Auba playing as if the result mattered to them.

We'll get better.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Doesn't fit the argument of we were crap and we were lucky. In fact Moss was as desperately poor as he usually is, making up his mind on the second AMN yellow based on what he thought he saw some distance from the incident.

In fact, it wasn't even a foul. It was a 50/50 ball, both players went for it and AMN came off worse. I didn't see the Villa players complaining because there was nothing to complain about.

The rearguard action was superb. It was great to see players like Guendouzi, Chambers and Auba playing as if the result mattered to them.

We'll get better.
Don't agree. I felt it was a very warranted card and the player should have done better particularly after having already been cautioned. They connect at shin level. AMN is on the ground. Meaning his leg is well above the height it should be.

Anyone complaining about the second yellow and not the denied penalty needs to look in the mirror. There were mistakes from officiating both ways. Yes, I agree, Moss tends to give us a hard time and I won't say he had a great game but that AMN yellow isn't the moment I'd nitpick at at all.

Jae

Spot on buddy, cheers for your input. For what it's worth I think you're a classy team and I hope you stay up

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I can't remember his first yellow, but didn't think there was much argument with the second that got him sent off.

He dived in and connected high up on Taylor's leg. I think that was easily a yellow.

But like I said I can't remember his first card so maybe he's hard done by over all.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I can't remember his first yellow, but didn't think there was much argument with the second that got him sent off.

He dived in and connected high up on Taylor's leg. I think that was easily a yellow.

But like I said I can't remember his first card so maybe he's hard done by over all.
I suppose you have to look at every decision by itself and technically they both just about warrant a yellow in isolation, but I’ve seen players get away with much more (including our own like Xhaka a few weeks ago :lol:)

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Nah mate, he leaned into it and at best it was a grey area where shoulder meets arm....but who the hell cares anyway? 3 pts is all good

So far this season in the Prem its also transpired that VAR is not the gold seal of authenticity we imagined it to be :lol:
You could see the look on Sokratis face...he knew it was close. Thankfully it wasn't called. He did lean into it also. Had high hopes for him but turning into a bit of a mug really.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I suppose you have to look at every decision by itself and technically they both just about warrant a yellow in isolation, but I’ve seen players get away with much more (including our own like Xhaka a few weeks ago :lol:)
I think being on a yellow and making a challenge like that was silly of him. He shouldn't have put the ref in a position to make that decision anyway.

Weirdly it would have probably helped us if he stayed on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom