• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Guys like Luiz and Sok are stop gaps and enough to get us top 4 this season.

My hope is that in the summer we’re sorting out CB, Saliba is already in.

How's that Upmecano bloke playing so far? Him, Saliba, Holding (possibly chambers) would definitely allow us to move on one of the current starters.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We are missing Koscielny badly even at 33 years, Sokratis has been **** since the start of the season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How's that Upmecano bloke playing so far? Him, Saliba, Holding (possibly chambers) would definitely allow us to move on one of the current starters.
I don’t watch German football so don’t know. Think he’s been injured recently.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
That play-acting ****housery was an utter embarrassment.
He seems to always be on the verge of losing it and his partnership with Luiz is very shaky at best

It just looks like we have our partnership Djourou-Senderos back, not want to be negative but my god they are just all over the place we need to sort it out asap.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was he that bad or is it the acting that's annoying everyone?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Was he that bad or is it the acting that's annoying everyone?

He was bad. Imo last season he was solid, never anything elite but could rely on him not making too many silly mistakes beside the odd rash challenge here and there. Kind of liked that he was just an old fashioned no nonsense defender. Did the basics right.

This season imo he has completely lost it. Makes silly mistakes all the time, anticipation and being deceptively fast were two of his strong points. Both of these were nowhere to be seen for Villa's second goal. Grealish started running near the halfway line in a straight line but still went past him like he wasn't there.

The antics along with his constant insistence on pulling shirts at set pieces annoyed me greatly because they further highlight that he has become too distracted by needless acts rather than concentrating solely on defending like he used to do before.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
He's been rubbish since he got here. We just liked him because he was giving fist pumps when we were 22 games unbeaten.

Now the dust has settled, we can take him for what he is - and that's an average defender, who's slow on the ball and not dynamic enough to be top level.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why do defenders end up being sh*te when they come here.
I remember mustafi starting a few games for Germany in world Cup '14 and euro '16 and he was decent in those games. Then we signed him, He started playing for us and he becomes banter

Iceman10

Established Member
Had a decent reputation pre-Arsenal, don't know why certain defenders become worse at Arsenal. Looks like opposing teams now know that he is vulnerable if they get under his skin. Would also say Villa had a decent shout for a penalty for handball, not sure what was going on in his head to put his arm out, even though he then tried to pull it back in. Maybe it is also the case that Luiz-Sokratis has to be broken up with weaknesses accentuating weaknesses of the other player, even though on paper they have different strengths that should complement each other.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why do defenders end up being sh*te when they come here.
I remember mustafi starting a few games for Germany in world Cup '14 and euro '16 and he was decent in those games. Then we signed him, He started playing for us and he becomes banter

He was woeful in his final season at Dortmund, their fans were celebrating his departure.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Sokratis after VAR cleared the handball
This guy was sh!tting himself :lol:.
He’s very lucky to be quite honest, that was a blatant handball. VAR refs must’ve fallen asleep at the monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom