• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal memory?

What is your worst Arsenal memory?

• Total voters

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I started watching football at around the CL final and to this day it’s the only result that’s made me cry. I was a casual fan up until around 2012 so none of those ones (I didn’t even watch the 8-2) really hurt me.

@MutableEarth Losing 6-0 on Wenger’s 1000th game was my 8-2 moment where something just changed in the way I support the club. Things haven’t been the same since then.

Fallout

i forget which one exactly, but one of the post-fabregas seasons began with a young aaron ramsey starting at CAM, and we were achieving some ridiculous stats like half of all our passes being played between the two CBs.

a few months and some disappointing results later, i turned off an arsenal match for the first time in my life and purposely didnt watch the next game. arsenal hasn't been the same ever since.

LOL

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
CL Final is the obvious one since it's the closest we've come to winning it. Got so close, taking the lead after going a man down, only to lose it on a couple of soft goals late in the game. That Henry chance :(. It's embarrassing a club of or stature has yet to win the European Cup, probably the biggest club yet to win it.

My very close second would be the loss to Chelsea in 2004. It was great to go unbeaten, but to only come out of that season with the PL was criminal. That loss is Wenger's biggest failure imo. That team should have won the Champions League; it was set up nicely for us to go all the way. We were knocked out of the FA Cup by United just days before as well.

2008 loss to Pool hurt, but mostly because of how it played out. We became the first English team to beat Milan at the San Siro to set up a QF tie with Liverpool. We should have won the first leg at the Emirates, but Bendtner blocked what would have been a goal on the line, and Hleb wasn't awarded a clear penalty.

We went to Anfield needing a late goal when Theo made that run to assist Adebayor in the 80th+ minute. We were still in the midst of celebrating when Toure gave away a penalty which Gerrard converted to put Pool back ahead, with Babel scoring minutes later to end our hopes. That was the last time I was properly gutted from a loss.

Long ass post, but might as well vent out the frustration while I'm at it.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
CL final.

However the 6-1 and 8-2 both Utd is up there for me, the 8-2 feels like the first of many embarrassing defeats at the hands of the big boys the following years which we never recovered from, the Utd team was also dog **** they had out that day.

The 6-1 as I was in school still and that was the first Utd embarrassement I can remember.

Also up there are Wayne Bridge 2004 & for some reason the Birmingham League Cup loss as we were desperate for a trophy in them years and it would have stopped all that 'X' amount of years without a trophy bullshit that only we seemed to get bagged with.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
As interesting as this topic and peoples perspectives on the subject are, this thread is faaaar to gloomy for me, pretty much highlights how **** 2005-2019 have been, so many bad performances and depressing moments :facepalm:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Easily Wayne Bridge for me. That Arsenal team was easily good enough to win the CL.

Think how different history would be if we then beat Mourinhos Porto!

Yeah this for me. We didn’t play that well in the first leg and bottled it against a team we’d beaten for fun domestically. The 2006 final was against all odds.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why isn’t the 2017/18 EL final in the vote?

That was the lowest I have ever felt. Hit me then that our manager is an absolutely disgusting coward bum and we have no hope until he ****s off.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

That was the lowest I have ever felt. Hit me then that our manager is an absolutely disgusting coward bum and we have no hope until he ****s off.
He's already gone mate.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Imagine getting battered by a poor Chelsea team and your only tactic to score was Kolasinac and that was useless after 15 mins ffs, Emery had nothing to show.

Humiliated.

GDeep™

League is very weak
CL Final was heartbreaking, but the EL Final was demoralising, hit home we’ve got the Spanish Tony Pulis at the wheel wasting 3 years of our football supporting lives.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You mean 18/19 right? I considered it but it’s too recent imo.

Got to let that sh*t fester for a bit.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom