• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

What I'd like in a dream world

-------------------Leno-----------------------
Bellerin----Chambers--Holding-----Tierney
-------------Guendo----Willock------------
--------------------Özil---------------------
Pepe-------------Auba-----------Martinelli

What's likely imo

--------------------Leno--------------------
Chambers------Sok-----Luiz----------Kola
------------Guendo-----Xhaka-------------
Pepe------------Ceballos------------Saka
-------------------Auba-------------------

Kingofthebongo

---------------------leno-------------
Chambo---sok-----------holding----tierney
----------------------luiz-------------------------

----guendouzi------ceballos------------willock----------

-----------------pepe-----------Auba-------------

If we dont lose this game in silly ways, we will win this game. If that makes any sense. :lol:

Wryer

I think it's worth taking a shot on a start for Tierney, instead of Bellerin. Back from a shorter term injury with lower risks, LB clearly a problematic area, Chambers in fairly good form at RB that warrants some faith.

I can see Emery starting AMN however - for his supposedly better speed and athleticism to combat James/Young/Martial - which has been fleeting at best to me.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We play well we’ll win, if we don’t then a win is highly unlikely.

What’s happened in the last 13 years will have no bearing, given we have two new managers and two relatively new teams.

I understand but that kind of record tells something. Don't think there is any other EPL stadium with Arsenal not winning for that long time?

And we played very well once having huge amount of good chances, and De Gea saved United, while they counter attacked well. How do you define "playing well", did we then or not?

What if one player's mistakes result in a draw or losing, but we played well otherwise? Is it then playing well or not?

drippin

Mate the bloke sent off Gibbs thinking he was Ox , he's fecking incompetent:facepalm:. Also been at least 4 dead sets pens for us the clown has waved play on for .

Yep, that's why I said he is not the worst like Moss or Atkinson. They are even worse. But really, Marriner is not good either. The state of refereeing in EPL is unbelievable with the money involved.

drippin

I've watched most of United's games this year and have been impressed by Daniel James. This kid is lightening fast.

I notice most have said they want Chambers to start at RB. I also have been impressed by his recent form but his fast enough to nullify the James threat?
As astonishingly dreadful as AMN has been in most matches this year, this might just be one match where his selection is warranted (assuming he's not injured), given his pace?
I've also noticed that the few quality games AMN has played have often been in the bigger games (maybe the occasion makes him concentrate a little harder, something he clearly struggles with)

Personally I thought he was suspended for this match, but apparently not. You have a point there. Chambers has been pretty solid though, which is great to see.

drippin

Pogba injured his ankle during the penalty shoot-out and is a doubt... Martial and Rashford unlikely to feature. What is going on there?

Karma is one explanation. :D Pogba is the guy who told publicly that he wants injuries to happen to rivals. At least he is honest.

Injured in a penalty against Rochdale, that's something. Or is this just some false rumour similar to Kante?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm worried the game ends up being much more tighter and difficult than expected and then we end up being somewhat content with the point.

Really though, we should be taking the game to them with no fear and playing attacking football (without Xhaka protecting the defence of course).

Playing young players like Willock Tierney and Saka who have less fear could help us overcome our poor record at Old Trafford.

This season has to be the season, and it would be a fantastic boost going into our easy run of fixtures if we have all 3 points to our name.

Apologies in advance for the long winded post.

Honestly, it's not a zero sum game. Since winning away at Man City in 2015 our away record v top 6 sides is as follows:

P22, W0, D8, L14, F24 A50

Pretty abysmal huh?

Trust me, this isn't because we haven't been taking the game to these teams or trying to play attacking football. Whether it's attacking or defending we need to play smart football and be disciplined but playing with intensity.

They know that with every failed one-two between our strikers while our full backs are in the attacking third waiting for the switch, they can be in on goal with a 3 v 3 with a simple pass over the top of midfield. They don't have to be good.

Counter-attack is Man Utd's only hope on Monday. Daniel James is by far their biggest threat, followed by Greenwood. Then it's set pieces. The basic requirement away from home where you get fewer free kicks and time on the ball is to be compact, apply pressure and know where you are supposed to be on the pitch in attacking and defensive situations.

If you do that, you not only have the basis for so-called attacking football but you can do it without having to chase the game and over commit, against quite often poor sides needing a boost in confidence.

Exciting for the neutral though.

drippin

Apologies in advance for the long winded post.

Honestly, it's not a zero sum game. Since winning away at Man City in 2015 our away record v top 6 sides is as follows:

Pretty abysmal huh?

Trust me, this isn't because we haven't been taking the game to these teams or trying to play attacking football. Whether it's attacking or defending we need to play smart football and be disciplined but playing with intensity.

They know that with every failed one-two between our strikers while our full backs are in the attacking third waiting for the switch, they can be in on goal with a 3 v 3 with a simple pass over the top of midfield. They don't have to be good.

Counter-attack is Man Utd's only hope on Monday. Daniel James is by far their biggest threat, followed by Greenwood. Then it's set pieces. The basic requirement away from home where you get fewer free kicks and time on the ball is to be compact, apply pressure and know where you are supposed to be on the pitch in attacking and defensive situations.

If you do that, you not only have the basis for so-called attacking football but you can do it without having to chase the game and over commit, against quite often poor sides needing a boost in confidence.

Exciting for the neutral though.

Very well said, that record is quite something. I tried to convey same thing in my message.

I think there were some top 6 away games even last season we deserved to win.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Pretty abysmal huh?

Sweet mother of Jesus that is shocking.. surprised this isn’t all over the press to induce panic and fear. Didn’t realize it was that bad. What’s the corresponding Home record vs. Top 6?

Anyway, regardless of who’s fit or not, this game is at OT. Score draw is the most realistic result, let’s be dead honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom