• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wenger in general, think he’s probably only interest in massive openings now - FIFA/UEFA, Real, PSG, role at Arsenal etc.

Wouldn’t be surprised if him and Arsenal have an understanding that he’ll return after Emery in some role. Can’t return while the current manager is here as that would be seen as “standing over him”.

Wenger and Ljunberg, Wenger and Arteta, Wenger and Vieira, Wenger and young manager etc. Obviously a hands off role when it comes to the team.

Not sure Wenger could keep his hands off the team really. Especially if it is one of his former players being the manager.

Though, it would be a special thing to see Ljungberg with Wenger as a mentor.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Haven’t you still got staff from Moyes and van Gaal’s regime knocking about?

Actually ridiculous how badly Ed Woodward and the Glazers have got you underperforming.

Nobody from Moyes and Van Gaal. It's pretty normal for the coaches to be sacked with the manager but not much media coverage around those peasants.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nobody from Moyes and Van Gaal. It's pretty normal for the coaches to be sacked with the manager but not much media coverage around those peasants.

Can’t find the article now but I swear I saw something about some of their medical and scouting staff are still knocking about rather than coaches.

You heard what your avatar has to say about LVG and Moyes btw? They don’t sound too bad.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Can’t find the article now but I swear I saw something about some of their medical and scouting staff are still knocking about rather than coaches.

You heard what your avatar has to say about LVG and Moyes btw? They don’t sound too bad.

Fair enough, most likely you’re right about scouts and medical but those I would assume are club signings. Coaches are more manager picks but I’m not sure. I bet you’re right.

Not sure what he said about them, what was it?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough, most likely you’re right about scouts and medical but those I would assume are club signings. Coaches are more manager picks but I’m not sure. I bet you’re right.

Not sure what he said about them, what was it?

The first time I met David was seconds after coming out of a helicopter, as this is how I arrived at Manchester United’s AON Training Complex. Pretty cool, I know. Bond-style. “He was waiting for us to land and welcomed me and my family with a big smile and these words: 'Welcome to a fantastic club, a massive club. The biggest club there is.

“Then he took us to his office and we talked. 'Juan, I know what type of player you are, I know what you can bring to the team. I need a player like you who can link the play.' “When I arrived, late January, the campaign was already halfway gone and things were not going too well. We were seventh in the league. Results were not materialising and the atmosphere was not ideal. “A few months later, after some more disappointing games, the club decided to part with Moyes and chose Ryan Giggs to look after the first team until the end of the season. The Moyes era had been much, much shorter than expected.”

Even at his farewell, he showed integrity and said goodbye to us in a very classy way, shaking all our hands and looking us all in the eye, wishing us good luck for the future,” Mata writes. “I made sure to thank him for bringing me here and wished him all the best. “Again, I felt sorry for the man who was leaving, feeling partly responsible as every player does when a decision like this is made.”

'Hi, I’m Louis van Gaal, please can you introduce yourself and tell me things about you?'

"The manager, Ryan Giggs, myself and a bottle of Rioja wine (which he suggested we should try) were in that room. It was pre-season, in Los Angeles, and I was about to ‘introduce myself' to my new coach.

"Those who know Van Gaal know how intimidating he can be face to face. Things about myself? I thought. What does he mean? I didn't know where to start. I took the safe route.

"'My name is Juan, I am 26 and I’ve been playing football since I’ve had a memory...'

"'I know that,' he interrupted. 'Tell me about your personal life. Do you have a wife? Children? What do you like apart from football?'”

"And so he started firing off direct questions about my life and career before moving on to footballing matters. 'Where do you think you can play? What’s your position? Where do you see yourself in this system?'

It was the first time we had been face to face and the situation couldn’t have been much more of a shock. He wanted to get to know the player and the person, too.

"It was, also, a two-on-one in a matter of minutes. Not only did I have to answer my questions, but I also had to translate Antonio Valencia’s responses because the manager felt that he would express himself better in Spanish, a language that he, Van Gaal, speaks very well thanks to his two spells at Barcelona – but I had to play the interpreter for Giggs. Antonio is a very shy guy and I imagine that having me by his side helped him, even more so in such a surreal situation.

"Louis wanted to see what we were made of and how we reacted through his interrogation. Obviously, he only had good intentions and simply wanted to get to know his players better on and off the pitch. The frightening aura around him soon dissipated to reveal a kind-hearted man.

"We started to notice how emotional he would get during his briefings. When we had played very well or covered more ground and had more chances than the opposition, you could see the spark in his eyes, portraying how moved he was by his players’ effort.

"He would also tell us about how he had received a letter from a mother thanking him because three players had stopped to sign autographs for her children after waiting for us for hours outside the training ground. He was genuinely moved by those small details.

"Van Gaal, indeed, took a keener interest in the player’s human side than in his footballing ability. He stressed the importance of stopping to speak to fans at any time and not wearing hats or extravagant attire. That probably came from his interactions with children during his time as a PE teacher.

"Behind that strong appearance, there was a much softer side to him. On the pitch, he had a very special style of training that was structured in a rather routine manner. You were clear about what you were going to do before each session, which drills you would be doing and how you would prepare for games.

He really liked getting us to play on the deck and only opting for long balls as a last resort, rather than it ever being the team’s plan A. His preference was for us to bring the ball out and play a passing game.

"Off the pitch, he was also very structured in matters like all of us having lunch together at the training ground. We divided ourselves into tables and had to wait for one table to finish picking their food before we could pick ours. When we travelled, whoever was one minute late was handed a not insignificant fine.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It might be an unpopular opinion, but long term I think United would be better off sticking to the course they have set.

Signing young British players, and let Solskjaer learn on the job. They've tried the superstar manager and old has been players. Time to try something else.

Question is if the fans have the patience for it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It might be an unpopular opinion, but long term I think United would be better off sticking to the course they have set.

Signing young British players, and let Solskjaer learn on the job. They've tried the superstar manager and old has been players. Time to try something else.

Question is if the fans have the patience for it.
You can still stick to the current model but have Potch as manager if/when he becomes available.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

He doesn't have the instinct of a striker/goalscorer.. They are better off with Martial as #9, selling Lukaku was a big mistake.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

F*cking hell only just seen these drew away to Alkmaar without a shot on target.

I know we seem to say this almost every year since he left but is the worst they’ve been post-Ferguson?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not beating this United is embarrassing and may come back to haunt us

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

F*cking hell only just seen these drew away to Alkmaar without a shot on target.

I know we seem to say this almost every year since he left but is the worst they’ve been post-Ferguson?

I think so. The tough part is most of the fan-base don't want Solskjaer gone. We're stuck in this position for a while it seems.

If you see the polls on Redcafe there's a bigger majority wanting him to stay.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think so. The tough part is most of the fan-base don't want Solskjaer gone. We're stuck in this position for a while it seems.

If you see the polls on Redcafe there's a bigger majority wanting him to stay.

It’s crazy to me, I don’t think to he’d get a job at any other club in the PL and yet he’s managing Man Utd.

If he wasn’t a Utd legend fans would have turned on him last season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There so much wrong with this football club they need really major overhaul poor scouting stuff poor board i think thier owners similar to kroenke but to be fair to them every season manutd have the ability to spend 150M even with Europa league

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It’s crazy to me, I don’t think to he’d get a job at any other club in the PL and yet he’s managing Man Utd.

If he wasn’t a Utd legend fans would have turned on him last season.
It was wrong decision the club fallen for fans choice it wasn't intelligent choice even tho the squad they got not helping

Latest posts+

Top Bottom