• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man United respond to Ashburton and go for 75 thousand

Adam

Established Member
Link

Raising the stakes now. We can expand Ashburton if needed to compete again - and that might be important.

Soler

Established Member
I knew they were going to do that, just as Chelsea are raising the Dog Track to 55,000. The Bloose will still make more than us on that because they charge 55 quid to get in.

Jinn

Established Member
Knee-jerk reactions seldom work. If they're doing that solely due to Ashburton, we must have them running scared.

Administration? Pfah.

AFCG7

Established Member
I dont think thats a reaction to anything.. they want to make even more money.. and why not?
If u have a good thing going..get as much out of it as you can.

Jinn

Established Member
But why now? Surely it would have been better to do this a while ago? They would still have been able to fill their stadium at 75 000 5 years ago.

Soler

Established Member
They obviously waited until all the media attention was on Arsenal and the new stadium and then ... BAM! It all comes back to Man United. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.

liam346

your being paranoid,,,,,lets just al concentrate on finding how they leaked the documents

"who said that"

The Mini

As long as we have a 65,000 seater, I dont care about Old Traffic-jam extending (again). We have a stadium that's large to compete with a much higher class of clubs, ManUre are just desperate to keep their plc running

Gunnsie

It will never be Ashburton Grove. Old Trafford is a shambles really, 1 side is like 1 level high, the other is like 3 or 4? It looks like a dogs dinner, whereas Ashburton Grove is a perfectly designed architectual genius :p

A

Anonymous

60k is enough.

We would struggle to fill 75k, mancs would have no problem.

It is best to have the stadium sold out every week.

The Mini

If we kept the same system then we would struggle to fill 75k, but if we had 5,000 seater area for under-15's only pay at the gate, for perfect atmostphere. Then the other extra seats could be for TRS and ST's

A

Anonymous

Ticket prices

MATCH MEMBERS PRICES SEASON 2003/4
STAND ADULT UNDER 16 OVER 65
East/West Lower £20 £10 £10
North Tier 3 £22 £11 £11
East/West Tier 2 £24 £12 £12
North East/West Quadrants £24 £12 £12
East West Upper £24 £12 £12
Family Stand £24 £12 £12
North Tier 2 £26 £13 £13
South £28 £14 £14
North £28 £14 £14

NON-MEMBERS PRICES SEASON 2003/4
STAND ADULT UNDER 16 OVER 65
East/West Lower £23 £11.50 £11.50
North Tier 3 £25 £12.50 £12.50
East/West Tier 2 £27 £13.50 £13.50
North East/West Quadrants £27 £13.50 £13.50
East West Upper £27 £13.50 £13.50
Family Stand £27 £13.50 £13.50
North Tier 2 £29 £14..50 £14.50
South £31 £15.50 £15.50
North £31 £15.50 £15.50

Maybe this is why Manchester United can fill Old Trafford, do you think the board will drop the prices of the season tickets and ticket prices!

JazzG

Established Member
Ok so their season tickets are cheaper, their stadium is 1.7 times bigger than us but their matchday turnover is 2.5 times higher than ours. They might have ultra expensive executive boxes which are constantly filled then.....

A

Anonymous

I was thinking about Ashburton grove Jazz g,will they drop the prices to the manc levels?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
The Mini said:
If we kept the same system then we would struggle to fill 75k, but if we had 5,000 seater area for under-15's only pay at the gate, for perfect atmostphere. Then the other extra seats could be for TRS and ST's

I'm not sure at the figure but it would be fantastic if they could have some 'pay on the day' area. I know the police would never allow it, but there'd be people queueing up like the Harrods sale!

nnn

Questionable wether we could fill 75,000 every week. We struggle to pull in 30,000 for carling cup , I wonder how much of our support really gives a ****.

Jazz , do you know for sure asburton grove can be expanded if needed ?

Safe standing should certainly be explored if/when its proven a success in germany 2006.

Ticket prices will rise I reckon , mainly due to the fact that the club knows it can fleece tourists whilst leaving the real fans on the outside.

marco

yeah can't see ticket prices falling. They are near on doubling the capacity but if they were to reduce prices then there would be so muchmoney be lost out on would go down. You would think though that at some point in the near future ticket prices would hit a wall where people would say no, but its not like that. 3000 of us paid 50 f***ing quid for that ****ty seat at stamford bridge! ****e hart lane will charge us the same!!
birmingham charged 38!! thing is though cant say no you love them so much just wanna keep going. Think we can fill ashburton grove as long as wenger is still in charge, and there are players of the calibre of henry vieira pires campbell reyes etc playing.

Aussie

Established Member
75,000 that would have to be the biggest congregation of dickheads at the same place at one time wouldnt it. ;D

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom