• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Standard Liege |Thursday 3rd October| KO 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think they need to play some glam rock at half time to add glamour to this tie. Dire stuff.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Martinez
Bellerin Holding Mavrapanos Tierney
Willock Ceballos
Nelson Özil Pepe
Martinelli

As others have said, it would be clever to play Pepe and try and get him a goal or two. Could really do wonders for him. Hoping for a good show from Nelson and Martinelli to continue his goal scoring form.

Also interested to see Ceballos and Özil in the same midfield. Reckon we could see some nice passing play.

arsmile

Established Member
I'm kniid of looking forward to the Europa league now as it seems like the only chance we get to see Özil.

maybe the whole dropping thing as actually a marketing ploy from the commercial department to get people to actually turn up on Thursdays

Uncle Good-Advice

My advice. Play the strongest possible team and beat these lot comfortably. Then two theoretically easy matches against Vitoria, 12 points in the bag and guaranteed qualification (probably even 1st place looking at goal difference). After that we can give a chance for the youngsters while the first team prepares for difficult December PL fixtures.

Symbia

Folarin Balogun sounds like a name from Lord of the rings ffs. Couldn't make that **** up.

Great stats in prem 2 though.
6 goals and 4 assists in 6 games. Probably deserves some minutes.
Checked some highlights. almost looks two footed.
Which? Folarin or Balogun?

Malky

Established Member
I'll probably just watch it to see Bellerin and Tierney, but I'm also keen to see how Holding and Martinelli do.

Iceman10

Established Member
My advice. Play the strongest possible team and beat these lot comfortably. Then two theoretically easy matches against Vitoria, 12 points in the bag and guaranteed qualification (probably even 1st place looking at goal difference). After that we can give a chance for the youngsters while the first team prepares for difficult December PL fixtures.

Saka, ESR, Chambers, and Mustafi started at Frankfurt, so this was hardly considered our strongest team at the time and still we won easily. Saka proved himself and probably upped his place in the pecking order as a result. If we had lost at Frankfurt things would probably be a bit different, but logic leads to playing "our strongest possible team" being unnecessary and unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom