• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Kav

Established Member
Ouch..... this couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. I am told that their fans are sniping at each other lately about whether to fire Pochettino or if Levy is to blame (Sounds familiar?)

Interestingly i hear some of their fans complaining about Poch's persistent use of the diamond formation which isn't working and leaves their FB's exposed, because he wants to accommodate his favorite players. (Eerily familiar huh)

Time will tell how it works out but I am just here to watch their demise.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Pochettino isn't going anywhere. No big club is going to hire a guy who's falling off a cliff. Should've left while his stock was up.

Not sure this is the case with him, but those Tottenham players... Imagine what a contract Kane, Eriksen or Alli could get 12 months ago... Maybe Son this summer? They could move to eg Real Madrid for ridiculous sums, and the club would also make a handy profit. That boat might just have sailed.

Malky

Established Member
Any club that actually goes and releases a book/DVD about their road to the final of a competition they ****ing lost deserve to spiral out of control. The ultimate small time mentality.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

It was only a matter of time for this descent, Poch even at Southampton had his fair share of criticism and wasn't able to deliver a trophy. His time at Sp**s has been different in a way, same outcome.

He just doesn't deliver what matters and it seem he has lost this bunch. Long may this continue!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
From looking at the current table I guess Sp uds will need to consider more successful managers to replace him, such as Sean Dyche.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Jakob said:
People voting no can **** off with him. (Note: Levy)

He is the reason we’re in this mess. This is what happens when you don’t freshen the squad enough. Last years transfer window where we signed no one was an absolute joke and the start of this **** show.

Another thread:
mikes01666 said:
You can't select players that aren't available.

Sissoko at right back verged on criminal. We bought him all those years ago as an AM/winger. He really doesn't understand what a FB involves. To give him a contract until he's 33...?

Lamela is the answer to a question no-one can really fathom out.

Son has 2 good games followed by 6 dreadful games.

I'm a Winks supporter but think he may be turning into a Bentaleb/Mason/Carroll clone.

Not having an on-field captain in the mould of Keane/Adams/Mackay

Not replacing Llorente defied any logic (and saying 17 year old Parrott is the stand in, is insane). Can you imagine him against Dunk yesterday?

The Eriksen/Alderweireld/Vertonghen mess will haunt us for years to come.

Buying players that can't get fit/play - Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Janssen, Nkoudou, Njie

I'm starting to have doubts about Ndombele. Runs funny, no stamina and was woeful in the last 2/3 games.

Dier/Wanyama still in the squad?

Dele too worried about his image rights

The list goes on...

We're reaping the benefit of those missed windows when we decided not to re-inforce. If we had, we would now be looking at at least another 6/8 squad players of which 2/3 may have turned up in the way that half the team didn't yesterday.

The whole mess stems back to 2017. It will take us 3 or 4 windows to rebuild. I've always said that don't buy in January, but may have to suspend this for the next few windows.

Anyway, the manager stays and begins the rebuild. No Mourinho, Rafa, Sam, Pardew please.

We need to support our club at this difficult time.

Didn't realize Lloris got hurt, but it was dislocated shoulder rather than arm break, all the best to him and his recovery.

Went to check what is going on in their forums. Above quotes are from the ****-forum.

They made similar mistake as Arsenal when Cech was the only buy. :lol: Why not repeat Arsenal's mistake with a stadium debt knocking.

20% of their forum suggest Simeone should be their next manager, as if Simeone will go to Sp**s from Atletico. :rofl:

Maybe Poch can still get the team working, who knows. But sacking him will cost them the compensation. Didn't he just sign a new contract? Anyone know how much that is? This will diminish their already low transfer budget. Getting a good manager mid season from another team costs too.

Like the above quote says, they will need 3-4 windows to compete well again unless some miracles happen. They don't have much depth and are losing important players.

What a fall in a year! They were clearly ahead of Arsenal in my view at least looking at the surface.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

AS saying that Sp**s have made contact with Mourinho about replacing Pochettino.

drippin

So what are their options? Southgate would be an idiot to exit England at this point. With their prospects he has potential to be a legend. They were good at WC.

Mourinho & Levy like GDeep said? Hahah, yeah that would be interesting spectacle.

Allegri? Maybe, but will he risk it?

I'm not sure how easy it is to get a manager from some Bundesliga team in the middle of a season. Will be costly at least.

Will they want to come at this point? They need some up and coming manager who wants to risk it I think. Howe?

Poch won't quit and they have to pay him out for sure. He wants some compensation for what he gave them and the dreams he gave up when he signed that new deal.

simonreq

Am I the only one who doesn't get the hype surrounding Southgate?
Whenever I visit this forum, there's always a new post about how amazing England was at the WC.

They won against Panama and Tunisia and lost to Belgium in the group stage.

Won against Colombia (terrible side. James didn't play either) in a penalty shootout in the round of 16, beat Sweden (irrelevant team basically) in the quarter and lost to Croatia in a penalty shootout.

The mighty lions then went on to lose to Belgium once again.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Am I the only one who doesn't get the hype surrounding Southgate?
Whenever I visit this forum, there's always a new post about how amazing England was at the WC.

They won against Panama and Tunisia and lost to Belgium in the group stage.

Won against Colombia (terrible side. James didn't play either) in a penalty shootout in the round of 16, beat Sweden (irrelevant team basically) in the quarter and lost to Croatia in a penalty shootout.

The mighty lions then went on to lose to Belgium once again.

Is there anyone that actually rates Southgate? It's clear as day he's an average manager who'll probably hold England back from fulfilling their potential.

drippin

Is there anyone that actually rates Southgate? It's clear as day he's an average manager who'll probably hold England back from fulfilling their potential.

No one in this topic has praised his managerial or tactical skills. GDeep said he is a nice guy.

Some people just see things as they want to.

simonreq

No one in this topic has praised his managerial or tactical skills. GDeep said he is a nice guy.

Some people just see things as they want to.

Yes and no. Didn't mean this thread specifically, but have a look at the forum. The side that played in the WC has been heavily praised on several occasions. Mr. Boro too.

drippin

Yes and no. Didn't mean this thread specifically, but have a look at the forum. The side that played in the WC has been heavily praised on several occasions. Mr. Boro too.

Okay, didn't know about that, thought you commented about this thread.

Personally I think getting into top 4 in World Cup after long stretch of failures was a good performance from the team. Losing in overtime against Croatia.

GDeep™

League is very weak
England done well in the WC, exceeded the expectations of the country. Deserve all the praise they got.

Latest posts

Top Bottom