• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Compare the service that Mane, Sterling and Salah get to Pepe.

I guarantee you that you’ll be able to count the times that Pepe has been played in on goal or presented with a big chance on one hand.

He’s a wide forward that is being given the ball to feet at almost every opportunity because our manager can seemingly only attack with fullbacks.
Nah not buying this argument at all. Is Emery a brilliant attacking manager who’s playing the optimal system for Pepe to thrive? Of course not.

Does that mean that Unai is “killing Pepe”? Again, of course not.

He’s a £72m footballer who’s looked incapable of controlling the ball so far this season. Unless Unai has been secretly applying treacle to his boots pre-game, that’s not on the manager.

This forum is at its worst when people start turning every possible storyline at the club into a stick to bash their favourite target with. I expect it from posters like @Wrighty4eva (who, lets be honest, probably thinks it’s Emery’s fault that he’s still a virgin), but you can do better Trills.

LG10

He’s not been good but emery can’t coach an attack to save his life. He’s similar to Salah in that he needs the team to be built around him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don’t know if it’s Emery or his idea but his starting position annoys me.

If you watch top wide players like Salah, Mane, Sterling or Bale they stay on the defender’s shoulder and look to run in behind.

Pepe comes so f*cking deep for the ball he’s almost always playing in front of their back four. Also drifts in field way too much to play off the striker.

Alexis used to come deep but he was a world class dribbler with great close control. Pepe looks like he’s a good finisher so why is he coming so deep?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Bit more optimistic after seeing what a handful the Brazilian kid is... he looks ready mentally & physically now.

After internationals Emery will have two strikers, two wide players & a few promising kids to use. Not a bad group.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another assist but he seriously need to stop over dribbling i know he like it but that would mean he'll give the ball too much today like what happened today.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

If you watch top wide players like Salah, Mane, Sterling or Bale they stay on the defender’s shoulder and look to run in behind.

Pepe comes so f*cking deep for the ball he’s almost always playing in front of their back four. Also drifts in field way too much to play off the striker.

Alexis used to come deep but he was a world class dribbler with great close control. Pepe looks like he’s a good finisher so why is he coming so deep?
It's annoying. I like players to do their bit further back but, as you say, he’s not in position to hurt them from there. I want him either just hugging the touch line or playing off the shoulder. He’s a murderer in 1v1 situations and we need to get him those situations as often as possible. He should be crucifying fullbacks every week

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Because the midfield is too far away to combine with him in the final 3rd and our possession game/approach play doesn't adequately serve our attackers well. It could have been much better.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A poem about my avatar.

The frog named Pepe is actually Pepe, and the butterfly is a memory of his form in France.
The frog is me and the butterfly is my memories of the football when we would create chance after chance

The frog is me and the butterfly is Pepe, who was meant to be so promising.
The frog is us and the butterfly has made us cry because Unai has just subbed Torreia in.

The frog is us, and we are sad.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Because the midfield is too far away to combine with him in the final 3rd and our possession game/approach play doesn't adequately serve our attackers well. It could have been much better.

Thought we looked dangerous on occasion when we attacked quickly in transition. Then second half we stopped pressing altogether and let them have the ball.

Vibra

Established Member
He's not similar to Salah at all

He's kind of similar, a left footed half winger - half striker with a lot of pace, good dribbling and finishing. There's a big different in physique but they play a similar game imo, just one is slightly better than the other

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah not buying this argument at all. Is Emery a brilliant attacking manager who’s playing the optimal system for Pepe to thrive? Of course not.

Does that mean that Unai is “killing Pepe”? Again, of course not.

He’s a £72m footballer who’s looked incapable of controlling the ball so far this season. Unless Unai has been secretly applying treacle to his boots pre-game, that’s not on the manager.

This forum is at its worst when people start turning every possible storyline at the club into a stick to bash their favourite target with. I expect it from posters like @Wrighty4eva (who, lets be honest, probably thinks it’s Emery’s fault that he’s still a virgin), but you can do better Trills.
I've stated that he's been poor in ways that have nothing to do with Unai so that pretty much defeats your entire post.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

We should have signed this dude instead.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom