• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The biggest problem we now have with Özil is that he retired from international football. He has zero motivation to play as he doesnt need to impress an international manager. He can sit at home or play if required but he has nothing pushing him to be a regular here or elsewhere. I've no doubt if he was still playing international football he would be gone be that permanently or on loan.

Jae

You know what’s interesting, Mikhi used to get minutes and he barely made any effort in games.

There was one game where he really did nothing, created nothing, poor passing, ran less than everyone else, and 0 tackles attempted.

He must be a great trainer though?

And yet Mhki wasn't happy being sat on the bench collecting a paycheck, which I'm guessing is why he moved on. Shame some of our other players can't follow his example.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Oh bore off mate. Pre season (which counts for precisely jack sh*t) and two games where he's looked decent. Let's just forget about every other anonymous performance in the past since he signed that contract then shall we? You're like a broken record.

Coming from you? Your posts are all "he's lazy" "350k, hurr hurr". You come across as a Talksport listener, Adrian Durham has probably projected your terrible takes on you.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yawn.

Same old story, you post a load of sh1te (just because you can) and when people call you out on it you default to insults. Grow up for once in your life mate, nobody cares.

Except I was the one calling on your pathetic bollocks;

"Oh he can't be arsed, not giving 100%, 350k, etc" .. and whatever generic nonsense you could throw at him based on stuff you've plucked out your arse. Sad sad stuff.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Yawn.

Same old story, you post a load of sh1te (just because you can) and when people call you out on it you default to insults. Grow up for once in your life mate, nobody cares.

Except you threw the first insult.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Question: Does everyone truly believe our highest earner and one of our highest-profile marquee players is being frozen out without either the explicit or tacit approval of Emery's superiors?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Question: Does everyone truly believe our highest earner and one of our highest-profile marquee players is being frozen out without either the explicit or tacit approval of Emery's superiors?
If the superiors cared enough, they wouldn't have given Wenger that last contract

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So do you think this an autonomous decision on the manager’s part or do you think he has backing at board level?
don't think the board interfere at such a minute level. It would be against business ethics.

They will interfere if the results go wrong.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
We dont miss him, we never have.
the manager knows better.
he is not a Top level footballer for long now.
ship him off january to China/USA and move on.
Generally his fans are videogames fans more than Arsenal football fans.

deep inside we know he is the reason why we could not pay Ramsey demands, that what hurts the most. We lose an Arsenal boy for him.

I like him but he doesnt like football anymore.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
don't think the board interfere at such a minute level. It would be against business ethics.

They will interfere if the results go wrong.

Fair enough. In terms of selecting the team I agree with that but in commercial terms of freezing out the highest earner/marquee name that is splashed on advertising merch I’m sure they have some kind of input, guidance or comment on the matter.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This can't be right can it ?

="
He our only and most creative player i get he not preforming in away games but at home games he should play but its clear the club want to save money and not pay his appearance fee or whatever it is knowing that he'll be sold in January

theg_stargooner

Emery is losing any faith I have in him with decisions like freezing out Özil. Say what you like about payment and defensive workrate, he remains our most creative option and it is a disgrace that someone of his ability can't get in to a team that xhaka captains. If we were playing brilliantly then it would be more understandable. But we aren't, so it's not. Poor, inconsistent management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom