• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
hardly stuck in a hole, emerys job is to do whats best for the team, that hardly looks like it includes pepe at this moment of time, klopp did the same thing with fabinho n keita, one of which is one of the best dms in the prem now, there is not issue in not playing him and letting him ease in instead, we threw him in and he hasnt really taking the chance, time to take a step back and go easy with him imo, was at the game and the boy looks like he is forcing everything atm

Emery has managed him poorly, but he's managed the whole team poorly. At the same time you can't excuse Pepe.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
In the 1st half he looked lively cause we were pressing high up the pitch forcing turnovers. In the 2nd half we stopped doing that and basically sat back. Auba, Saka and Pepe were all feeding off scraps because we couldn't get the ball up the pitch.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Think he played ok today, just think its a case of the pressure getting to him. Plenty of games coming up which are winnable, hopefully he turns it around as there is obviously a good player in there. Not everyone hits the ground running when joining the PL. cough. Thierry. cough.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Absolute dross, lets get Mkhi back. Or maybe we are just a little patient with him? Clearly a top player, but jut not working out for him.

People need to chill. 4 assists and 1 goal though is it?

@Beksl knew

"Don't think we should consider Pepe as a big player. He has just had one good season and it could just as well have been a purple patch given the videos who show his awkward dribbling and technique which will be hugely tested in PL."

"I told you. Its his first good season and he is 24. His technique and dribbling style looks akward in videos Ive seen, it will be tested to its limits in PL. Competing with Napoli for players doesnt fill me with confidence either. So all in all at this money it is a big risk that has to plan out. Also I sais I HOPE IT PLANS OUT. This are worrying signs."

Impact

Established Member
Pépé hasn't been as bad as made out. It's just you expect a more 'ready' player rather than a high ceiling project considering his price tag. I still think he will come good in a big way. He has so many tools. Might not be under Emery though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Honestly needs a spell on the bench. Not seeing the point in this signing. How does someone who just came off the back of an awesome season and landed a new deal with a big club lack so much confidence? Willing to be patient but looking like a dud purchase here.

ChefMan21

I still don't quite understand why we spent £70m+ on Pepe when a defensive midfielder was far more important. I'm pleased he's at the club (as long as he lives up to his potential), so don't get me wrong, but he's a luxury signing in my opinion. Seems like a signing Real, PSG etc would make: big dollars for the next big thing, but no real risk management because they're so rich.

I would've looked a lot closer at Casemiro, Rodri, Ruben Neves, Partey etc myself...

Ashybashy86

Pépé hasn't been as bad as made out. It's just you expect a more 'ready' player rather than a high ceiling project considering his price tag. I still think he will come good in a big way. He has so many tools. Might not be under Emery though.
He may need to adjust his style a bit for now. I think he's forcing things at the moment (understandably), but perhaps should try to keep things simple, and just go with the flow of the game. He may find himself in better positions to score/assist.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I couldn't find a proper thread to post this on sorry so I thought I'd just ask now quickly, does anyone else get so many ads on the side of this forum? It's a bit annoying always having to cross them off & one ad is also preventing me from replying or clicking at times.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I wonder why some of you love Emery so much.
Ironically, it’s posts like this that are more indicative of any irrational feeling, be it hate or love.

All I did was highlight a situation where he’s damned if he does or doesn’t, because at this stage people will try and see the negative side to anything that was initially seen as a positive.

I’ll give you an example, and I’ll gladly stand corrected if you can deliver what I ask, which is this:

Show me a post by anyone on here, you included, that raised any concern about Pepe making his debut when he did. Prove to me this is not merely hindsight clairvoyant bullshit.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ironically, it’s posts like this that are more indicative of any irrational feeling, be it hate or love.

All I did was highlight a situation where he’s damned if he does or doesn’t, because at this stage people will try and see the negative side to anything that was initially seen as a positive.

I’ll give you an example, and I’ll gladly stand corrected if you can deliver what I ask, which is this:

Show me a post by anyone on here, you included, that raised any concern about Pepe making his debut when he did. Prove to me this is not merely hindsight clairvoyant bullshit.
Also funny how in the Emery thread he's bashing the manager but in the player's threads he has an array of empathy for the manager having to play all these 'bums' because it 'isn't Emery's fault'.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

:lol: Emery can’t really win at the moment, can he? In short, he’s damned if he does or doesn’t. He has his faults, but this has gone beyond ridiculous now.
I think Emery has been good for:

Auba + Laca (although you can argue they're simply top quality players)
Guendouzi
Willock
Kolasinac

I think he's been poor for:

Pepe
Torreira
Nelson

Do you think somoene like Sterling would be a success here? I genuinely don't, we created two chances against Bournemouth ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom