• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No club is too big to get relegated. They won't in the end but this campaign will set them back years.

They'll recover eventually but never again will they be the force they were under Fergie. The sun has set on that age.

One of my friends (who hasn't followed football as long as me) chose United as his favourite team in Fergie's last season. :lol: Somehow he has lost a bit of interest to watch those games.

Woodward is just so incompetent for any football management. I'm not sure if they can rise before they sack him or change his position. All those big contracts to deadwood etc.

Giving Ole the contract at that point was a mistake that should lead to Woodward resigning from certain areas of their management. They had no hurry.

Ewarwoowar

1974 was the last time they were relegated after a carousel of new managers, would be great entertainment to happen again, but their defense should see them through.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

One of my friends (who hasn't followed football as long as me) chose United as his favourite team in Fergie's last season. :lol: Somehow he has lost a bit of interest to watch those games.

Woodward is just so incompetent for any football management. I'm not sure if they can rise before they sack him or change his position. All those big contracts to deadwood etc.

Giving Ole the contract at that point was a mistake that should lead to Woodward resigning from certain areas of their management. They had no hurry.

He should definitely fall on his sword but thankfully the glazers, being absolutely clueless, will allow to keep on with his incompetent antics to the detriment of United. Long may it continue as it effectively takes one rival off the board :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No club is too big to get relegated. They won't in the end but this campaign will set them back years.

They'll recover eventually but never again will they be the force they were under Fergie. The sun has set on that age.
I'm not sure this is entirely true. Who were City 15 years ago? Where were Chelsea 20 years back? Money is absolutely everything in this sport right now, provided you spend it wisely. United have bags of cash and they'll figure out how to spend it sooner or later.
Look at Liverpool. Dominated in the 80s so much that their brand kept growing in spite of 3 decades without the league.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure this is entirely true. Who were City 15 years ago? Where were Chelsea 20 years back? Money is absolutely everything in this sport right now, provided you spend it wisely. United have bags of cash and they'll figure out how to spend it sooner or later.
Look at Liverpool. Dominated in the 80s so much that their brand kept growing in spite of 3 decades without the league.

I agree. United have it easier as their rise under came at tge right significant money was coming into the game, which allowed to steal a march on everyone.

Liverpool, while less fortunate, have benefitted from having enough cashe to their name that remained relevant in their barren years.

When they get their managerial/board appointments righ, United will eventually recover but they have to do it fast. The chasing pack are catching up financially.

If they continue to decline their financial outlook will look as shocking as their team. Isn't there a clause with adidas that will decrease their money should they fail to qualify for the CL 2/3 years running?

CJJ

Established Member
72125226_10159982361291509_7773118849813053440_n.jpg

Praise the lord!

drippin

72125226_10159982361291509_7773118849813053440_n.jpg

Praise the lord!

It seems Rashford played his first EPL games a year younger than Bendtner.

Rashford first 119 EPL games this far: 30+17=47.

Bendtner all 136 EPL games in Arsenal: 32+16=48.

Can't be bothered to count the minutes. Rash this season 8 games 3+2=5. That's some progress this season it seems, even when they play badly.

I think he is better than Bendtner (not by stats only), but nowhere near as good yet as some people seem to think.

gkoat

It seems Rashford played his first EPL games a year younger than Bendtner.

Rashford first 119 EPL games this far: 30+17=47.

Bendtner all 136 EPL games in Arsenal: 32+16=48.

Can't be bothered to count the minutes. Rash this season 8 games 3+2=5. That's some progress this season it seems, even when they play badly.

I think he is better than Bendtner (not by stats only), but nowhere near as good yet as some people seem to think.
I feel like roughly 25% of those goals were against us

drippin

Taken from Finnish football forum, United area, from "bimbaliukas" post.

Like I have said earlier, there are all kinds of factors why they are not looking good in the future. They don't have endless money tree eventhough are so popular around the World still.

- Matchday income is stagnated, unlikely to increase unless prices go up, or the stadium is expanded
- Commercial income is also stagnated, lack of success means new deals not as likely to be so good
- broadcast income increased, but mostly due to new TV deal. Poor performances mean less TV revenue
- Financial lead over top 6 clubs has eroded, they have similar spending power to us now
- lots of money being spent paying off transfer fees
- Wages are 53% of income
- profits this year were £50 million, before interest on borrowing (which is 450K per WEEK)
- After interest is paid we're left like £26 million, then the glazers paid themselves £22 million
- Glazers borrowed £790 million to buy us, the club has paid back £809 million in interest alone since then.

Hjalmaar

Rashford isn't really a striker. Most of his career he's been accommodating others i.e. Rooney, Zlatan, Lukaku and now Martial when he's fit.
You could make the same argument for Bendtner with Van Persie, Adebayor, Giroud, Eduardo etc. Rarely was first choice when others were fit. Granted, he didn't play on the wings like Rashford.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looking like Allegri is close to join UTD that what italian media are reporting still early reports but wont be surprised if Oleh continue struggling.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom