• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

balthazar

I think it is time for him to start in the cup games and Europa League, so that he can perhaps get a goal and regain his confidence. Also can come off the bench against tired opponents in the EPL.

At the moment it is clearly not working for him. He is too rushed, too eager, basically he feels the pressure and wants to show that he is worth 70mil

Keplaz

Arsenal signed a winger from France once, who'd torn it up in Ligue 1 and was wanted by teams like Real Madrid and Juventus. He had a mediocre first season and even said the Prem was too physical, but after that, the rest is history. His name, Robert Pires.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Arsenal signed a winger from France once, who'd torn it up in Ligue 1 and was wanted by teams like Real Madrid and Juventus. He had a mediocre first season and even said the Prem was too physical, but after that, the rest is history. His name, Robert Pires.
Different type of players though

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not saying they are the same or Pepe is Pires MK2. All I'm saying is it's too early to write him off. Judge him after he's had a chance to get used to his surroundings
I definitely agree, I think people are just getting frustrated because in the back of our minds we're an Auba injury away from being completely lacking in goal threat. We're therefore over eager to see him please.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Anyone taking WhoScored ratings seriously? I thought I would see bigger difference in favour of Zaha this season thus far (haven't seen him play too much yet), but Pepe is rated 7.18 in EPL this season and Zaha is 7.08.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/239872/Show/Nicolas-Pepe

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/85059/Show/Wilfried-Zaha
Zaha has had a very slow start to the season after the Afcon.

He's older, PL proven and hasn't even had a move yet people are giving up on Pepe and saying we should have signed him. Funny.:lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Zaha has had a very slow start to the season after the Afcon.

He's older, PL proven and hasn't even had a move yet people are giving up on Pepe and saying we should have signed him. Funny.:lol:
Zaha just watched his best opportunity to grab a big deal for a big club get washed down the toilet. It's bound to affect anyone's confidence

https://www.goal.com/en/news/talk-o...left-zahas-head-all/sd1ipdso3o7q1whh3vpa4zck3

Garbage source but a fair assumption of his recent form.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
"I like the player and I thought it was a good decision [to sign him]. He's not yet completely adapted and you have to give him some time. He looks a little bit to be playing not with the freedom he did in France at the moment." - Arsène Wenger on Pepe

Wow, no mention of a handbrake! :lol: I agree with Wenger though, it will come.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It’s not a matter of if he’ll do well it’s simply when it will happen.

Pretty ackward hey? Don't put that shameful dribbling here mate. (That's what I have seen at times, the ball glued to his feet.)

It seems Wenger agrees with me that it was a good buy.

Hindsight-people are trigger-happy after 8 games even when their favourite Zaha (likely more expensive) has worse WhoScored rating thus far.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Pepe looks like a man who is doubting his own ability, he looks like he doesnt think he is worthy of his move to Arsenal or to be a PL player, the man needs a serious confidence boost, his play got him the 70mil move but the pressure of the 70mil looks to be weighing heavy on him.

He needs to play in the Europa or cup games, he looks like he would be physically fine playing a few extra games but he just needs to smash a team or score a few and I'm not talking from the penalty spot.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

A poem about my avatar.

The frog named Pepe is actually Pepe, and the butterfly is a memory of his form in France.
The frog is me and the butterfly is my memories of the football when we would create chance after chance

The frog is me and the butterfly is Pepe, who was meant to be so promising.
The frog is us and the butterfly has made us cry because Unai has just subbed Torreia in.

The frog is us, and we are sad.
I cried @Trilly

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Not sure what Emery is trying to do with him, if it's counter attacking then he has not got a clue how to get a team doing that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom