• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

What kind of message does it send to the young players when he makes Xhaka captain and first choice on the team sheet? That kissing ass pays off and you can be the worst player on the pitch but still get game time if you just fall in line?

Well that's another issue entirely though isn't it? You could argue that Xhaka shouldn't be in the team (and I'd agree with you), but the players voted for Xhaka to be captain, so you can't put that one on Emery unfortunately, as much as I think you would like to.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Hope Mular locks his door tonight. Özil Defence League aren't going to be happy about this.
First time he said it was 1 coach and 15k, now 2 and 20k, let’s believe him because agenda.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't believe Özil would be so stupid to offer money to Arsenal staff to lie for him. What I do believe is that he's not putting in a shift when he does train. Emery has always said that players have to show in training their value, they must make maximum effort. For Özil not to even be in the squad for games tells me he's not bothering to make that effort. The sooner he's gone the better.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Bribing people to skip practices, lazy, bad attitude. I'm not sure if I believe all of this but I do believe this guy isn't helping himself. Truly looks, at the minute, that we were mugged with that contract he got.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This makes no sense , he'd have to pay hush money to at least 20 people , it's not like it was a one on one session with a personal trainer in private , and how would he pay them ? duffel bag full of cash maybe that's why he was attacked by the moped gang . :rofl:

@yorch44 maybe it wasn't Emery , it was the U23 coach:D. Oh look I started a rumour .

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bribing people to skip practices, lazy, bad attitude. I'm not sure if I believe all of this but I do believe this guy isn't helping himself. Truly looks, at the minute, that we were mugged with that contract he got.

The bribing story sounds far fetched but skipping training with U23s I can believe.

His form in the months leading up to his new contract was some of the best in his Arsenal career. He was in a strong bargaining position and being linked to a Mourinho reunion.

The minute his contract was signed his form went downhill. There was no change of coach, no change of tactics - if anything, Auba coming in for Giroud should've seen him explode.

He's doing a lot outside of football and as others have pointed out, has had a turbulent time with the DFB, Erdogan and robbery situations. If Emery's not even picking him in the squad it's not because he's not good enough for us, it's because he's not physically or mentally ready.

He missed several games in Wenger's final season due to "sickness", which I suspect (and only suspect) was him not being ready then either.

I have no clue what's going on with him, but based on Mert and Wenger's input, us laying this squarely on Emery and bringing style of football into the equation is a bit moot.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'd argue that a half fit Özil is still better than anyone we have for the no.10 position. I mean he did create a goal in the only match he played for us. How is he less fit now that he was then.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Who tf is Chris Mular anyway?

Way too many famous people these days.

That Özil skipping training story is dumb because he would have to bribe the whole U23 team and everyone that was there.

I would argue otherwise. If Özil can get 15 plus assist like 3 seasons ago form, then yes.
But he barely makes himself available to get on the ball. He is like Michael Owen at the ens of his career...just shying away from areas where the ball would come to him.

Özil can't dribble and gets knocked off the ball far too often at thia stage of his career. His last faith of confidence was the Europa League final and he failed to deliver. Really when Ramsey went down end of last season, Özil was brought back into the team. We were in a nice position to claim top 4 too...like the rest of the team, he crippled too.

Can't carry a passenger anymore.

Saka and Martinelli deserve more chances. Heck even, Emile Smith Rowe once he is fit. Time for the exciting next generation.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd argue that a half fit Özil is still better than anyone we have for the no.10 position. I mean he did create a goal in the only match he played for us. How is he less fit now that he was then.

Number 10 position isn’t an essential requirement, it’s an option. Many teams play strikers who drop into the hole and fill that duty, or utilise two wingers to create more space for the forward.

Our lack of creativity is rooted at the base of midfield (Xhaka-Guendouzi axis) and poverty use of width, particularly where Pépé has been. Though a fit Özil definitely improves us overall.

The game you’re referencing was over a month ago and he didn’t last more than an hour. How is he less fit now than then? Have you ever gone just two weeks without the gym and trained straight after?

Imagine that but having to compete against top level athletes.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Number 10 position isn’t an essential requirement, it’s an option. Many teams play strikers who drop into the hole and fill that duty, or utilise two wingers to create more space for the forward.

Our lack of creativity is rooted at the base of midfield (Xhaka-Guendouzi axis) and poverty use of width, particularly where Pépé has been. Though a fit Özil definitely improves us overall.

The game you’re referencing was over a month ago and he didn’t last more than an hour. How is he less fit now than then? Have you ever gone just two weeks without the gym and trained straight after?

Imagine that but having to compete against top level athletes.
We've seen Özil in training videos though, so it isn't as if he isn't training. Are you giving credence to the malicious rumous being spread about him?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We've seen Özil in training videos though, so it isn't as if he isn't training. Are you giving credence to the malicious rumous being spread about him?

How people do not still understand it was Per Mertesacker who talked about him not being fit. That is a very credible source as quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom