• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Rubbish. The fans starting turning on him from 2010 when he was spending like Stoke and performing top 4. And his last two seasons records were because of the fans.
This reply insinuates that all the fans who wanted Wenger out did so from 2010 which is a blatant lie. There may have been some but actually most of the fan upheaval started as late as 2016 when Leicester won the league and more so even later than that. Most of our fans hung on to their image of Wenger for a long time. By the end it was definitely time to go. It was never going to last forever..
I also don't buy into this rubbish that the fans caused all the upsets. It has been mentioned numerous times how shielded the players were from the media under Wenger. To add to this we aren't the only fanbase in the world who has been unhappy with their club. These are professional athletes, they should not be phased by a couple of banners etc. They should be ignoring that outright. They get paid more than enough to do that.
Will be interesting to read his Autobiography next year..

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Rubbish. The fans starting turning on him from 2010 when he was spending like Stoke and performing top 4. And his last two seasons records were because of the fans.

Only a fool thinks you can get the best out of a club by constantly critising their performance, in large numbers, blatantly and aggressively in public.

I'm not in favour of it, like I'm not in favour of it with Emery (while he has been doing okay points-wise while Arsenal has been in big transition). Although in Wenger's last season I was more in favour of it (not anything nasty of course), because we could not compete with top 6 anymore and some other stuff.

But with Wenger it was one of the ways to make him think, the guy seemed obsessed with football, never giving up, good quality in many ways though. People probably were without hope that he would move aside.

I think RacingPhoton answered to you about the Stoke-stuff, and it was also related to performances. You have good point about spending, while we cannot know how much say Arsène had in it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This reply insinuates that all the fans who wanted Wenger out did so from 2010 which is a blatant lie.
It doesn't insinuate that at all! It said fans started the Wenger out campaign in 2010. By 2011 the Arsène knows best campaign and the Wenger Out campaign were still pretty equal. Look at the exponential take off in 2016. I rest my case. It's not on this graph but I can't imagine what the following year was like 2017/18
Wenger-Slide-0.png

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Emery is the best. Will get us third place and the EL.

Hopefully he gets a new deal after that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's bad for us, it means that if we decide to get rid of Emery he will be due some kind of compensation package. Imagine being stuck with him even if he fails to get us back into the CL.

Again, The Times said this. But according to Ornstein even if we don't qualify for UCL they might continue with Emery. I'm not in favour of that. But am 99 % sure they will continue with him if we get UCL.

"The Spaniard took over as Arsenal’s head coach on a three-year deal last week but The Times has learnt that the club can invoke the clause without paying up the full value of his contract."

Full value can mean they have to pay something, but nothing like Mourinho.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/arsenal-have-break-clause-in-unai-emery-contract-b7dw7hwjh

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This reply insinuates that all the fans who wanted Wenger out did so from 2010 which is a blatant lie. There may have been some but actually most of the fan upheaval started as late as 2016 when Leicester won the league and more so even later than that. Most of our fans hung on to their image of Wenger for a long time. By the end it was definitely time to go. It was never going to last forever..
I also don't buy into this rubbish that the fans caused all the upsets. It has been mentioned numerous times how shielded the players were from the media under Wenger. To add to this we aren't the only fanbase in the world who has been unhappy with their club. These are professional athletes, they should not be phased by a couple of banners etc. They should be ignoring that outright. They get paid more than enough to do that.
Will be interesting to read his Autobiography next year..
They managed to win 3 FA cups in 4 years in that awful atmosphere as well... They must have had selective hearing.

trippyhippy

quite happy with the situation: he gets top 4 and everyone is happy or he gets sacked after bottling it again and we get a manager who isnt scared of aston villa at home.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Some real inbreds on this forum.

“doh, u dnt Lyke Emery BecoZ of WeNgar or coZ he DuzNt pik uR favrit PLaYa”
I'd say of all those who want Emery sacked right now,which is the vast majority of those who want him gone, one or both of those two reasons that you highlight will be popular--particularly the second one. I'd say the most popular reasons are in this order:

1. Doesn't make us play like Brazil circa 1974
2. The Özil situation
3. Wenger-related, stuck-in-the-past, bedwetting and erectile dysfunction with some pillow biting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom