• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
I don’t think that Nagelsman is realistic for another year, at least.

By all accounts he was our first choice to replace Wenger, before Emery, but he preferred to stay in Germany to continue his development there.

Maybe @NieThePiet or @Toby Andrl can correct me, but I don’t think there’s much chance he’ll want to leave RBL after only a season, after opting to join them initially ahead of us, R. Madrid and a host of other top clubs. Particularly given that they look like a genuine title contender under him already.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As of now, I'd be happy with someone who plays the strongest XI in the correct positions.

- Emi has been outstanding, I want him to be given a chance.
- Restrict Pepe to sub appearances
- Start rotating Auba more.

Emery was supposed to stabilize everything, FGS!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Allegri is a dead manager, you guys voting for him are having a laugh.

Two matches of Ajax vs Chelsea coming up soon, Ten Hag will get a lot of English attention. Hope he can showcase how good he is again.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Allegri's indeed a bore.

From the options I have voted Arteta as my no. 1. Want us to go the same route as Chelsea are doing this season. Could've been a season ahead if we hadn't appointed Emery.

Ten Hag seems to be doing one hell of a job for Ajax, so obviously that would be interesting.

Naggelsmann seems a bit unrealistic at this point, next destination is probably Bayern. Kinda unreliable in some ways though, always these dips in form like he's experiencing now with Leipzig. Had plenty of these runs for Hoffenheim.

Vieira. Proving himself to be decent for Nice. Arsenal legend. Obvious candidate.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I don’t think that Nagelsman is realistic for another year, at least.

By all accounts he was our first choice to replace Wenger, before Emery, but he preferred to stay in Germany to continue his development there.

Maybe @NieThePiet or @Toby Andrl can correct me, but I don’t think there’s much chance he’ll want to leave RBL after only a season, after opting to join them initially ahead of us, R. Madrid and a host of other top clubs. Particularly given that they look like a genuine title contender under him already.

You are right with this.

In addition he is a Bayern Fan and if he continues like this, Bayern could be already his next step. Maybe 2-3 years in Leipzig.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wonder if Ten Hag would be available, with Gallardo apparently set for Barca you wonder who out of the top clubs would be in the market for him apart from us.

Obviously it’s way too soon to tell, but if he keeps working wonders he could be that next Klopp level manager to take us forward.

Unrealistic but I still haven’t been dissuaded by Wilder’s start in the PL. His side play attacking, possession football but are also really well drilled defensively even though they’re a bang average Championship quality side.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Naggelsman? Nagelsmann.

Freddie did great with the U23, but why not let him prove himself somewhere else first, like Lampard did?

Vieira would be the most sensible choice if we want to go with a former player.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In the summer I felt we would get top 4, few months into this season and I think top 3 is possible.

Like I said in the summer, no way Emery finishes below Ole, and no way his team finish below young Frank and his young boys.

Now I think top 3 is possible given the problems Sp**s have.

So 3rd or 4th, you’ll expect he’s staying, no need to discuss new managerial candidates.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Even if we are terrible and scrape top 4, he’ll be given his year in the CL.

I actually see a team and manager playing like the managers job is on the line. No freedom, no expression, no fun,

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Even if we are terrible and scrape top 4, he’ll be given his year in the CL.
I don't think so. What would be the point? If we scraped top 4, looked like **** and won the FA Cup or EL, I could see them accepting that. The club have done well to get us back on track with some good decisions, I'd be surprised if they sat on their hands if we end up a distant 4th with no cup. The fans will get very uneasy and they've voted with their feet before. They're used to showing discontent now.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I fully expect us to get top 4, so a good chance Emery will be here next season.

I’ll take a break from football if that’s the case.

No you won't, those new kids on the block, including Saliba, will keep you holding on - oh, and that precious CL anthem ;)

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would have been my favorit after Wenger. But there was still Gazidis our CEO.

We won't get him now. He will be at least 2 years at Leipzig, but I guess it will be 3 to 5 years, because he's just 32. So he doesn't need to hurry. And next step will be Bayern I guess.

It has Bayern in 2 years written all over it. Bound to happen.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
If Emery gets top 4 and a good run in EL as a cherry on top he will be here for a third year, the EmeryBadManBrigade of AM will be devastated, Hydro makes an idle threat of stop watching us until he gets the sack but then return the morning after. I have my popcorn ready and quite frankly i cant wait

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If we were to go for the ex player route than why don’t we go for van Bronckhorst? I think he done very well with Feyenoord and helped them win their first league title in like 18 years. He was even earmarked as a potential Pep replacement for City and he has more coaching experience than Arteta and Ljungberg put together. I don’t watch the Dutch league but if any Dutch gooners can give some insight on him then it’s much obliged

If Emery gets top 4 and a good run in EL as a cherry on top he will be here for a third year, the EmeryBadManBrigade of AM will be devastated, Hydro makes an idle threat of stop watching us until he gets the sack but then return the morning after. I have my popcorn ready and quite frankly i cant wait

Nah doubt I will watch Arsenal again. Going with my family on the Brighton game in December, will be third time visiting and going to match but also last time. Gradually trying to stop watching Arsenal this season. Think I've only watched 2 games with full focus.

Emery killed Arsenal for me.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Nah doubt I will watch Arsenal again. Going with my family on the Brighton game in December, will be third time visiting and going to match but also last time. Gradually trying to stop watching Arsenal this season. Think I've only watched 2 games with full focus.

Emery killed Arsenal for me.

You should try to attack him whilst there with some garlic and a crucifix!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Strikes me as highly ambitious. His ascension will have definitely been a goal of his as soon as he got the u23 post.

Not sure hes quite ready for such a post but he did very well for the u23s and he has the right kind of tactics as far as attacking football is concerned.
Can you give an insight to his tactics/philosophy? I read on an interview that he has a similar approach to Emery in terms of playing out the back and in the same interview he says he wants all the possession but people lie. I just want to know what’s he really like. Is his football attractive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom