• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What about if it's because of how we collapsed last season and completely bottled top 4 then got humiliated in the EL final? And now this season we're playing the same conceding a ridiculous amount of shots and playing poor away from home, it's inevitable that it will unravel again.

But obviously I wouldn't expect anything else from Emery's number 1 fan.
It depends how you look at it and how honest you want to to be.

Yes, we collapsed, but it also coincided with a string of injuries to important players. Holding was doing well, Bellerin, fwiw, was considered by many to be the reason our attacking play suffered; he was considered that important to anything good we did; I personally don't believe his loss had as big an impact as the majority, but he was an important player and AMN is and was, a rubbish RB. And of course, Ramsey... the biggest factor, in my opinion.

Wenger got afforded the same when we had injuries, and he had forever to prepare. Emery had no time to do anything.

Getting well beat by Chelsea can happen in any one-off game. This is football. Massively disappointing, but that's all it was.

The football isn't a good watch a lot of the time, and the shots conceded interest frenzy is a result of that. Once the cohesion and possession play improves, it's logical to think the shots conceded thing improves.

If nothing improves, then he gets the sack and, as ever, I couldn't care less.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Reason Number 1:

He makes us play like a clueless team hoping to win by the grace of Aubemayang, the miraculous goal scorer.

I think most people tired of Emery is just sick of watching us defend 60-75 min against Watford and Villa. If you want to be sarcastic you could use one more neuron and maybe you could get it.
It's a valid reason, but it's also one that displays a certain amount of impatience considering we're trying to integrate new players and, to make things more complicated, but in a good way, Martinelli, Saka and Willock are also staking claims. We end up defending because we lose possession. The notion that we're set up to deliberately defend at home, is rubbish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jae

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It depends how you look at it and how honest you want to to be.

Yes, we collapsed, but it also coincided with a string of injuries to important players. Holding was doing well, Bellerin, fwiw, was considered by many to be the reason our attacking play suffered; he was considered that important to anything good we did; I personally don't believe his loss had as big an impact as the majority, but he was an important player and AMN is and was, a rubbish RB. And of course, Ramsey... the biggest factor, in my opinion.

Wenger got afforded the same when we had injuries, and he had forever to prepare. Emery had no time to do anything.

Getting well beat by Chelsea can happen in any one-off game. This is football. Massively disappointing, but that's all it was.

The football isn't a good watch a lot of the time, and the shots conceded interest frenzy is a result of that. Once the cohesion and possession play improves, it's logical to think the shots conceded thing improves.

If nothing improves, then he gets the sack and, as ever, I couldn't care less.

You attempted to give a nuanced response, but I’m afraid anyone who does not demand that Emery is immediately dragged kicking and screaming to burn upon a pyre constructed on the centre circle of the Emirates Stadium will be rightly labelled as a #1 fan Emery apologist.

There is no in-between.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You attempted to give a nuanced response, but I’m afraid anyone who does not demand that Emery is immediately dragged kicking and screaming to burn upon a pyre constructed on the centre circle of the Emirates Stadium will be rightly labelled as a #1 fan Emery apologist.

There is no in-between.

You Emery fan boys are so dramatic.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
It's a valid reason, but it's also one that displays a certain amount of impatience considering we're trying to integrate new players and, to make things more complicated, but in a good way, Martinelli, Saka and Willock are also staking claims. We end up defending because we lose possession. The notion that we're set up to deliberately defend at home, is rubbish.
Hmmm I don’t know... more of one year is enough to see manager direction in a team. For example... Inter, you clearly see them play in Conte style and they have months. Chelsea, they have a completely new front 3... playing 3 kids and they lose a key player in Hazard... they couldn’t make any sign but they are playing a much better attacking game and they create a lot of chances.

We don’t even know what is our best midfield with that rubish obsession of playing 3DMs

Iceman10

Established Member
ffs, if there is nothing new to say please don't bother. Trying to move the goalposts by saying top 4 is no big deal now is just tired agenda-driven BS based on *what pretty much everyone here agreed as a target during the summer*. Three seasons out of CL + coming off a low 2017/18 with 63 points (6th). Get some better material please.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You Emery fan boys are so dramatic.

;)All joking aside the whole not knowing your best midfield thing is starting to get on my t1ts.

I don’t think a manager who is currently third in his 2nd season is even remotely close to the sack - about as far away as from it as you can get TBH. I don’t fancy a stint of turning over a couple of managers in quick succession, it’s not a great look. As many people have posted: We get top 4, great! We don’t and he gets sacked, absolutely fine with that as well.

No fuss, no drama. Positive vibes. COYG.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
While Emery gets more unpopular every win...

Which is stranger?
Considering our performances in those wins, I’d say him getting more popular when we DON’T play at all is stranger :lol:

It’s like the Emery fan boys have to put in all their effort when we don’t play to compensate for the inevitable crash that’s going to follow after we actually play football.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’ll do so, if it offends anyone. Is “bum football boys” more appropriate? Because I really want to point our Emery’s bum football whenever I can.
Are you so ****ing stupid that you think a derogatory term needs to offend somebody for it to be inappropriate? That post pretty much makes you sound stupid anyway so I think Ive answered my own question.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The first one is stranger as at least with the wins there is football related evidence to support the notion.
Well the first one has to be true for a start, and there’s no evidence at all of that? Strawman. Nobody’s stance on him has changed at all. If anything, It’s to the contrary.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Are you so ****ing stupid that you think a derogatory term needs to offend somebody for it to be inappropriate? That post pretty much makes you sound stupid anyway so I think I've answered my own question.
How is it that you feel you can post this in such a tone and with derogatory and directly offensive language without being an absolute hypocrite?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Are you so ****ing stupid that you think a derogatory term needs to offend somebody for it to be inappropriate? That post pretty much make you sound stupid anyway so I think Ive answered my own question.
Because you know as well as anyone that has read my posts here that fan boys refers to you boys that love Emery’s bum football rather than whatever you’re insinuating. As I’ve said, I’ll refer to you boys as “Emery bum football boys” now, which makes it very clear what I mean. And chill with the insults, it’s just football at the end of the day! Have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom