• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Can see where @Jury is coming from in terms of a non convincing top 4 maybe not being enough for Emery, but I just don’t see the board being so dynamic, especially given the lack of other managerial options, it’s not like Klopp or Pep is available.

You’re not letting a top manager like Emery, who gets you top 4, leave, to employ a Vieira, Ljunberg etc.

I think we’ll convincingly get top 4 anyway, Utd are just too bad and Chelsea will fall off.

Good to see you posting again. Hope you are doing fine, health wise.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People want to deny it, but since Ljungberg replaced Bould our first team has been playing a lot worse on the pitch. Our positional discipline has gotten worse, our attack has become a lot more flat, our midfield has become a complete mess, and let's not get started on our defense........ this makes me think Bould should be a better candidate for next manager than Ljungberg.
LOL you're using rationale.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Seems that would be rushing it?

He said no to Bayern for that very fact. He's a fan of the idea of going there and just felt like getting some added experience still before by leaving for Leipzig.

Guess Bayern is very much thinking about how the resolve those 2 years before that. Cannot see Kovac holding on for much longer.

Mediocre manager leaving no foodprint on the squad basically surviving by the individual quality of the squad. Also pushing out fan favorites like Mueller and Martinez won't do him any good.

But will it be a interim solution until Nagelsmann becomes available or a big one ?
No idea, but I just feel there is no way in hell of holding on to Kovac for 2 more years, he's getting them nowhere.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Emery is 100% here next season, i think we're getting top 4 with a bit of comfort, top 3 even.

Not sure i mind it even too much, not like there are top managers available for this summer anyway.

By 2021 summer, Tuchel might be ready for a gig in London.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Club needs a slap if they hire an assistant like Freddie or Arteta after Emery.

Give a f*ck about whether the guy played for us, I’d take Drogba or Rooney if they were top level managers.

Just give the job to Rafa, yes he’s defensive like Emery but his teams know how to defend. That Real situation has people underestimating him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Club needs a slap if they hire an assistant like Freddie or Arteta after Emery.

Give a f*ck about whether the guy played for us, I’d take Drogba or Rooney if they were top level managers.

Just give the job to Rafa, yes he’s defensive like Emery but his teams know how to defend. That Real situation has people underestimating him.
You think he made a mistake taking the Newcastle job and this chinese gig? Feels like those moves have taken a hit on his aura or reputation, before then it was all high level European football.

Should maybe have sit it out like Jose now and wait for a top european club to come in for him rather than go to Newcastle, which was a step back really.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You think he made a mistake taking the Newcastle job and this chinese gig? Feels like those moves have taken a hit on his aura or reputation, before then it was all high level European football.

Should maybe have sit it out like Jose now and wait for a top european club to come in for him rather than go to Newcastle, which was a step back really.

Taking the Real job was a mistake tbh, he was on TV loads before that and was desperate.

Like you say his reputation is in the gutter a bit now, but think he’s a top PL manager still. Worked wonders at Pool, Newcastle and Chelsea.

Just bring Wenger back and Mourinho with him. Make a reality show out of it. Imagine the increase world wide in the fan base!

By the time they are done after 3 years we would have become biggest brand in football and could do what ever we want!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I would like Freddie or preferably Vieira to get it in the medium term but not while Aubameyang still has some gas in the tank.... Just a waste.

The perfect short term manager is on our door step.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We should get Allegri while he’s still available. Seeing him linked with Man Utd is driving me crazy.

With Allegri, the respect and prestige for this club returns and we can be proud of our manager again. Press starts talking about a title run instead of possibly finishing in the top 4 and winning the Europa League. Players start seeing Arsenal as an ongoing improving process, they want to come here and those who are here will want to stay. That’s the respect Allegri carries around the football world. Replacing Emery with Allegri gives us a similar boost as signing Özil did in 2013 and Pepe in 2019.

Such a move doesn’t just help us but also block Man Utd from getting an elite manager. It‘s game over for a long time if we don‘t make a move while we still can.

Reactions: mma

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
If Emery leaves, i'd like us to take a look at Tuchel situation at PSG. I really like him, good coach and a lovely bloke as well. But i fear he could be there for the long haul.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This is an odd thread, you got people turning their noses up at the likes of Allegri, Mourinho, Rogers etc whilst Arteta leads the poll?

Cannot understand at all how anyone can seriously vote for Arteta at this stage in his assistant managerial career.

No one gives a **** about other assistant managers around the world or at bigger and better clubs, but somehow Arteta is the guy, baffles me.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If Emery leaves, i'd like us to take a look at Tuchel situation at PSG. I really like him, good coach and a lovely bloke as well. But i fear he could be there for the long haul.
Wouldnt mind Tuchel. Wouldnt say hes that lovely a bloke, got a bit of a ****house streak in him, but hes respectable enough and has an attacking philosophy which is of high importance. Getting in a defensive manager would be another step in the wrong direction IMO - we need to build on our strengths and they are easily in attack and possession, along with the younger players in our squad showing strengths in those areas aswell.

I'd be hesitant to give it to Freddie, Vieira or Arteta at this stage but I'm not against the idea as long as the principles above are followed as a baseline.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Fire Emery, give it to Ljungberg till the end of the season and get Ten Hag in. He has a good philosophy, which he implements wherever he is. I've heard former players talk about him so positively, plus what he's doing with Ajax is amazing.

We should give him a chance. I'm 110 percent sure it won't be worse than Unai Emery Etxegoien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom