• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

So he’s doing extra work with the fitness team to get even fitter than the “normal” requirements.

I had forgotten that he came back from holidays early to start training .

He describes the notion that he may have downed tools after putting pen to paper on such lucrative terms as “ridiculous” and “total rubbish”.
“If that was true, why did I work so hard and positively during pre-season this year? And why, after the World Cup last year, did I return from holiday early for the first time in my career to start training three days before I was expected back? I did it for the new coach, the team and the club. Maybe people don’t like that I have a good contract? I don’t know or care.”

Özil’s mention of Emery is in reference to a reported breakdown in the pair’s relationship, but the player expresses no negative sentiment: “I’ve worked under some of the biggest coaches in the world — Arsène, Jose Mourinho, Joachim Low — and always I show respect. It’s the same for Unai.
“We might not see eye-to-eye on everything but that’s normal, it’s life and it’s the same with my family and friends. You have to accept it and go forward.”

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Would be great to read the whole thing, but I won't register and pay for it.

1) install “the athletic” app on your mobile device

2) swerve the free trial (unless you’re feeling brave and truly believe the 7 day cancel policy can be easily triggered)

3) enter your email address and new password to register - hopefully you have a separate spam email account right?

4) BINGO!! - You can now read two free articles from “The Athletic” per-month.

5) thank me later.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

:lol:. His normal requirements?

You do know the guy was up there in recorded sprints I think the year before not to mention , hc actually went into the gym to put on muscle when he had a knee injury on his own volition ,he is far from a lazy trainer has always been my impression .

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This lazy trainer is a new thing and has grown a life of its own, and it’s out of control.

Not long ago we really had people saying he tried to pay off coaches.
Keen to hear your honest thoughts on this.
I know we aren't privy to much so it is speculation but what do you think is going on G?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Agreed. He was not the star, but he was definitely not a passenger. If there was anyone better than him, Low would have dropped Özil.

He was best (again) for Germany in Key Passes, and only second to Muller in Dribbles per game.

Simple Fact: He has been Germany's best AM until he retired. They could not replace him when he was playing, and they have no replacement after he retired.
Let’s just agree to disagree. I really don’t share that view.

Unfortunately he has continued to slip since 2014 and now in 2019 simply seems to be totally out of the picture for us. So the sooner we can offload him and at least parts of his salary the better. There seems to be some movement there so maybe by January or next summer he should be moving on.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

So Emery going to use him soon by the sounds of it .

Emery on Özil: "The last two or three weeks he’s improved with us training and I think it’s good. I didn’t close the possibility to play with him because if he is ready and giving us a good feeling every day in training, he can play."

"My idea is to use every player and he is one. He has very big skills and quality we will need in the next matches. "I am happy how he is improving and training every day. I am feeling better with him every day."

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Good to hear that. Noa a Özil stan but he should be utilized in some games mos def if we dont plan to get rid

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Almsot sounds as if Emery has trouble empathising with players. I mean I know Özil isn't a saint and it is possible he has been really poor in training but perhaps there is more (personal) reason for that than Emery will admit.
Either way, I am glad to see this simmering down. I want our full squad to partake in this season so we know where we stand for the next summer window.

COYG!!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So Emery going to use him soon by the sounds of it .

Emery on Özil: "giving us a good feeling every day in training, he can play."

This is part of what I suggested and had to explain myself for 5 pages.

It's important for the team what a feeling the player gives in training and bench. A sulking player is not good for anyone if their output is pretty equal at the time to others.

It's a bit similar with Xhaka. Has made one mistake this season, so not enough to bench him, being pretty equal with other players in performances.

Benching such long serving team member after one mistake this season will make him sulk in bench and that has very bad influence on the team.

As I have said many times, Emery cannot bench a star player based on training if there is no basis for it. That would make him lose respect in front of whole team.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I had forgotten that he came back from holidays early to start training .

He describes the notion that he may have downed tools after putting pen to paper on such lucrative terms as “ridiculous” and “total rubbish”.
“If that was true, why did I work so hard and positively during pre-season this year? And why, after the World Cup last year, did I return from holiday early for the first time in my career to start training three days before I was expected back? I did it for the new coach, the team and the club. Maybe people don’t like that I have a good contract? I don’t know or care.”

Özil’s mention of Emery is in reference to a reported breakdown in the pair’s relationship, but the player expresses no negative sentiment: “I’ve worked under some of the biggest coaches in the world — Arsène, Jose Mourinho, Joachim Low — and always I show respect. It’s the same for Unai.
“We might not see eye-to-eye on everything but that’s normal, it’s life and it’s the same with my family and friends. You have to accept it and go forward.”
Problem is he is going with “German Mentality” and Emery is full Latino mentality... It’s so common with Spaniard people to get offended a take it so personal... here in Mexico is the same... people doesn’t know how to differentiate personal issues from job.

yorch44

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mesut-Özil-breaks-silence-after-20638856

he didn’t take about Emery at all and says he is not going to anywhere

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This is part of what I suggested and had to explain myself for 5 pages.

It's important for the team what a feeling the player gives in training and bench. A sulking player is not good for anyone if their output is pretty equal at the time to others.

It's a bit similar with Xhaka. Has made one mistake this season, so not enough to bench him, being pretty equal with other players in performances.

Benching such long serving team member after one mistake this season will make him sulk in bench and that has very bad influence on the team.

As I have said many times, Emery cannot bench a star player based on training if there is no basis for it. That would make him lose respect in front of whole team.

No mate , that's all well and good in an ideal world and school sports . But when livelihood are concerned what they care about is what you can do on the pitch first and foremost . All very well to be the hardest trainer but if you're mediocre on matchday people aren't going to be understanding for very long .

Interesting you bring up Granit (who I have a lot of time for )because he has steadily gotten worse this season . His pass rate has dropped steadily to the point we might as well play Coquelin . If this keep up he won't be in the team in 2 months hardest trainer or not .

yorch44

No mate , that's all well and good in an ideal world and school sports . But when livelihood are concerned what they care about is what you can do on the pitch first and foremost . All very well to be the hardest trainer but if you're mediocre on matchday people aren't going to be understanding for very long .

Interesting you bring up Granit (who I have a lot of time for )because he has steadily gotten worse this season . His pass rate has dropped steadily to the point we might as well play Coquelin . If this keep up he won't be in the team in 2 months hardest trainer or not .
You know El Neny and Xhaka had same offensive and defensive stats? But Elneny had more than 90% pass success rate... Xhaka is about 85 and dropping... so as I said... only difference between them is skin color ... one was made captain while the other got abused. Both are not enough good for the team.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Almsot sounds as if Emery has trouble empathising with players. I mean I know Özil isn't a saint and it is possible he has been really poor in training but perhaps there is more (personal) reason for that than Emery will admit.
Either way, I am glad to see this simmering down. I want our full squad to partake in this season so we know where we stand for the next summer window.

COYG!!

Yeah I don't expect miracles but let's use all available resources to get top 4. ffs sick of watching Sun?mon games and the bloody Europa league group qualifiers . Only good thing about it is Saka and Martinelli

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You know El Neny and Xhaka had same offensive and defensive stats? But Elneny had more than 90% pass success rate... Xhaka is about 85 and dropping... so as I said... only difference between them is skin color ... one was made captain while the other got abused. Both are not enough good for the team.

I actually think Xhaka is our best midfielder in form :lol: but his passing has dropped alarmingly in volume and productivity and he has completely ballsed up some easy through balls . It's alarming .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom