• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
I saw it from some journo before the game, I can't find it right now. Anyway this is what Emery said about Tierney. So Tierney is ready to play but you prefer to start Kolasinac even though he came back after playing international football? Doesn't that imply he think Kolasinac is currently a better choice than Tierney?

Definitely bad and wrong-thinking. OK, we're going to play matches every three days or so but this means Tierney will play the easier midweek EL game and Kola will be back in for the weekend PL match. Tierney will then play the cup match at Anfield, but securing PL top 4 should be our priority.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Waiting to hear how our lack of spending is the reason Emery is doing so badly. According to some we had an absolutely horrible window (I call bullsh!t).
Our manager is failing after having bought one of the hottest attackers in Europe. He's benching one of the greatest CAMs in the game (I don't care if he has been underwhelming at times we always look better than this with him). Plays a fresh out of the academy kid winger in the CAM spot while chasing a game. Lines up against bottom of the league in absolute terror. Forces the team to play out of the back in an impossible way which often just looks like us setting them up for their goal... 15 passes to not even get out of your own box and then gift them the ball.

Anybody still supporting this fool is having a laugh or clearly doesn;t understand the sport AT ALL..

pikey2000

Struggling to see the way forward under Emery for the first time, for me we've gone from Wenger who played the same formation/lineup/style in every game regardless of the opposition to Emery who changes it up in almost EVERY game which has a noticeable impact on our cohesion from an attacking perspective.

Emery values graft, work rate, effort over finesse/style which for me is a problem, I heard him talk before the game saying something like we need to play as a team, give effort as a team and then try to impose our game on them when we get the chance.....that encapsulates Emery's reign for me, he is all about effort and work rate which is great, but imposing our game plan on the opposition is secondary, which you can quite clearly see when we play as we struggle to control a game for longer than 20 minutes at a time.

I feel like we have gone to the polar opposite of Wenger with Emery and i'm struggling to see any vast improvement to pin my hopes on, its not as though his pragmatism is yielding a new found defensively solidity or something similar, we just seem to be grinding results out constantly waiting for things to click into place.......

someone give me some hope! :)

Tomb Bombadil

The worst from his first 11 was not to include Tierney. Why on earth? Now he plays on Thursday, so I guess we won't see him on sunday again. Then he will play against Liverpool and we won't see him against Wolves I guess.

Emery out anyways.

Ewarwoowar

If we keep this guy until summer repeating the same patterns we are doomed to mediocrity. Unless there is a marked improvement by xmas he needs to go. If we give this guy to the summer continuing in this vein the damage he does, the stain he leaves will reverberate into next season and maybe beyond, next season will almost certainly be mediocre and even a big bust, whom ever comes.

Continue in this vein until summer will take even an elite manager months to undo the damage and coach them how to play football again, some of the youngsters may even need counselling and maybe some of the veteran too.

Our club will be so up to our knees in effluence the team will need to don wellies on the pitch, literally instead of the figuratively that they are already playing in such.

Our next manager would have to be top tier elite to stop our best players from walking, or to draw other top players to replace, because currently we keep the trajectory we're going we be lucky to draw a team full of Neny's.

Now when Wenger gave us top 4 for 20 years the majority said it was not enough, now this clown looks like he might luck into the top 4 and that is acceptable?

We be cucking it up in the CL as well as the PL on the world stage, the neutrals will look at us like we are on the level of Qarabag, sympathising, empathising, say orgh diddums at least they tried.

I cannot see 2 full backs improving us, they may help to mask it a little more, but we would always be an injury away from humiliation.

I just can't wrap my head around how Emery is a Mourhnio wannabe, yet the players we bring in are not by any means built for that kind of negativism and even if it were only possibly garners a short window of success before the team is drained of all enthusiasm of the game. Win the PL one season players give up on you in the next. The fans may love the trophy but players don't think it was worth it.

Needs a miraculous recovery, to find the pieces of the jigsaw, but not even sure he can pick out the corners, even tho' the picture is staring him in the face.

#notconvincednotconvincedatall

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
0 redeemable qualities. Too bored to be angry, he has bored me senseless.
Some wide range of emotions from the fans. Some are angry, some are bored, some are confused. I personally feel like crying whenever I watch us play, seeing so many good players being wasted like that, eye-wateringly wasteful. What a legacy Emery is leaving behind

Nicenho

Struggling to see the way forward under Emery for the first time, for me we've gone from Wenger who played the same formation/lineup/style in every game regardless of the opposition to Emery who changes it up in almost EVERY game which has a noticeable impact on our cohesion from an attacking perspective.

Emery values graft, work rate, effort over finesse/style which for me is a problem, I heard him talk before the game saying something like we need to play as a team, give effort as a team and then try to impose our game on them when we get the chance.....that encapsulates Emery's reign for me, he is all about effort and work rate which is great, but imposing our game plan on the opposition is secondary, which you can quite clearly see when we play as we struggle to control a game for longer than 20 minutes at a time.

I feel like we have gone to the polar opposite of Wenger with Emery and i'm struggling to see any vast improvement to pin my hopes on, its not as though his pragmatism is yielding a new found defensively solidity or something similar, we just seem to be grinding results out constantly waiting for things to click into place.......

someone give me some hope! :)

My thoughts exactly. First time I felt really angry and pissed off about the whole game and the fact that I knew I had to get up at 03am after watching that sh*tshow didn't make it any better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is now two seasons in a row where our top 4 competition are in deep trouble. With a semi-decent manager we could have easily made it both last year and this year. It would mean the world of difference to our young ones to mature with that CL standard instead of the EL standard. It is also the difference between buying a guy like David Luiz as a stop gap or filling that position with young quality.

We have all the tools to be one of the most exciting teams in Europe. I am used to the Ajax standard of young players and I am telling you, having Nelson, Willock, Saka, Guendouzi, Martinelli, ESR, Nketiah and Saliba all in, around, or close to the first team is not normal. This is a special group of talents that can save you hundreds of millions down the line. The one thing Emery is doing right is playing them. But it is not enough. We need to make sure we don’t waste their best years, like we did for a long time with RVP, Fabregas, Nasri (I know the situation is different).

We really need a better manager, our squad is decent, 2-3 signings away of being complete. But this manager is not the man to lead them. We are getting pressed to our own box by every single team now, that is not normal. The small clubs don’t respect us and know they can get something. It’s because of his coward tactics that it keeps happening to us.

We are just too big a club for him, still a decent manager but as you say we need s better one...like Moyes, quality at Everton but kept telling Rio and Vidic to study how Jagielka defends... Emery: “Mesut I won three Europa Leagues with Banega pressing from 10, Özil: “Is he taking the piss?”

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Barring a catastrophic run of form he won’t be sacked while the season is ongoing. I’m sure some of you secretly (and some openly) are praying we don’t make the top four. :lol::lol:

Overall, its been disappointing so far this season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I’m sure some of you secretly (and some openly) are praying we don’t make the top four. :lol::lol:
Well I have to admit it feels like a catch 22 at this point. If we get top 4 we probably keep Emery. I want top 4 but I do not want Emery. I'll never ask for my club to lose though... In a situation I have never wanted to be in as a fan and I'm losing interest.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He spends all that time watching videos on USBs and this is all he's come up with?

Only so much you can learn from computers mate, sometimes you just need fantastic ability...like sex! ;)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Only so much you can learn from computers mate, sometimes you just need fantastic ability...like sex! ;)
Find someone who is compelled to bring up this topic probably lacks ability in it as well.;)

hqdefault.jpg

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Who are the people that selected 'Meh!Lets give him till end of season.' You mean wait till the damage is done before correcting it? I mean, if we were playing beautiful football and not being able to win, or if it was a club legend, then I'd understand taking that option. But we don't owe Emery nothing. Fire him immediately I say

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Who are the people that selected 'Meh!Lets give him till end of season.' You mean wait till the damage is done before correcting it? I mean, if we were playing beautiful football and not being able to win, or if it was a club legend, then I'd understand taking that option. But we don't owe Emery nothing. Fire him immediately I say
We lose money that way though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom