• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2019/20

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah,but Mourinho also didn't fancy him when he was fit.Def big mistake to go to Real after great time in Milan.

Nah Mourinho rated him but the guy was done after his Milan spell. They fleeced Real good there.

Like when Chelsea got taken to the cleaners for a crocked Torres by Liverpool.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Nah Mourinho rated him but the guy was done after his Milan spell. They fleeced Real good there.

Like when Chelsea got taken to the cleaners for a crocked Torres by Liverpool.

I think that Özil had big advantage over Kaka in Real.Probably suit their style more in those times.Apart from those injuries.

Don't know what happed to Torres in Chelsea tbf.Just season before he was one of the best strikes in EPL.His confidence was way down after some time in Chelsea.

HBL

Established Member
Thiago Silva is an absolute monster. If he doesn't sign a new contract we have to try and sign him if Emery has f8cked off. Would be the perfect cb for the likes of Saliba etc to learn from.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Souness waxing lyrical about Sterling on Irish television. Says City are ready to win this competition.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Thiago Silva is an absolute monster. If he doesn't sign a new contract we have to try and sign him if Emery has f8cked off. Would be the perfect cb for the likes of Saliba etc to learn from.

Silva has been stellar so far this season indeed. Impeccable and imperious at the back.
This "new" PSG looks good too. The likes of Sarabia, Herrera and Gueye brings an other dimension to this team. They are not show boating, they are doing the hard work.
On that same subject, M'bappe came in as a sub at the 52 minute mark, he proceeded to score 3 goals and give one assist. Sensational.

Last edited:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Silva has been stellar so far this season indeed. Impeccable and imperious at the back.
This "new" PSG looks good too. The likes of Sarabia, Herrera and Gueye brings an other dimension to this team. They are not show boating, they are doing the hard work.
On that same subject, M'bappe came in as a sub at the 52 minute mark, he proceeded to score 3 goals and give one assist. Sensational.

Mbappe is amazing and this PSG team does look like something special at last.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Looking forward to Ajax-Chelsea tonight...Ajax have the history of their style, while Lampard looks a good manager (plus always thought he was the most likeable one of him, Scholes and Gerrard...thought he was the most rounded player of the three too).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Is this finally the year PSG and City establish themselves as Europes top 2 sides? Tho when it comes to the CL there seems to be a mental issue more than anything else. City were the better team vs Sp**s, still get knocked out, similar with PSG and United. There's just something with both teams were they just can't get over the mental barrier. Having quality, having top coaches, but when it comes to the CL you almost need that big moment or just that something that goes your way which can change everything. The Iniesta moment I like to call it, in that tie vs Chelsea Barca just didn't play well at all and weren't creating any chances but they hung in there and that moment just changed everything for them.

For me Liverpool will probably be close again, Juve seem to lack something, with Atletico you always wonder if this is final the year but it probably isn't, Barca seem to lack something in their current team, Inter probably a massive step too far if they even get through the group, Sp**s nope, Chelsea will get beaten by the first good side the face, Bayern maybe might have an outside chance based on the quality of their squad, Dortmund definitely not.

If I were to rank the teams chances I'd go.

Contenders: Liverpool, City, PSG.
Capable of getting to semis/final depending on the draw: Juve, Bayern, Barca.
In with an outside chance: Atletico, Real, Inter, Sp**s*
Capable of getting to quarters, again draw dependent: Ajax, Chelsea, Valencia, Dortmund, Napoli.

After that there's teams I'm unsure about like Leipzig, Lyon, etc.

*Ok I know Sp**s haven't been that great recently but they still have the same squad and manager as last season with a few additions so if they get things going again and with a bit of luck they could get to the semis as long as they avoid the top teams in the first two tiers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Is this finally the year PSG and City establish themselves as Europes top 2 sides? Tho when it comes to the CL there seems to be a mental issue more than anything else. City were the better team vs Sp**s, still get knocked out, similar with PSG and United. There's just something with both teams were they just can't get over the mental barrier. Having quality, having top coaches, but when it comes to the CL you almost need that big moment or just that something that goes your way which can change everything. The Iniesta moment I like to call it, in that tie vs Chelsea Barca just didn't play well at all and weren't creating any chances but they hung in there and that moment just changed everything for them.

For me Liverpool will probably be close again, Juve seem to lack something, with Atletico you always wonder if this is final the year but it probably isn't, Barca seem to lack something in their current team, Inter probably a massive step too far if they even get through the group, Sp**s nope, Chelsea will get beaten by the first good side the face, Bayern maybe might have an outside chance based on the quality of their squad, Dortmund definitely not.

If I were to rank the teams chances I'd go.

Contenders: Liverpool, City, PSG.
Capable of getting to semis/final depending on the draw: Juve, Bayern, Barca.
In with an outside chance: Atletico, Real, Inter, Sp**s*
Capable of getting to quarters, again draw dependent: Ajax, Chelsea, Valencia, Dortmund, Napoli.

After that there's teams I'm unsure about like Leipzig, Lyon, etc.

*Ok I know Sp**s haven't been that great recently but they still have the same squad and manager as last season with a few additions so if they get things going again and with a bit of luck they could get to the semis as long as they avoid the top teams in the first two tiers.

That Iniesta moment...I really wanted Henry to get a Champions League before he retired, and I obviously didn't want Chelsea to win it...so I will always remember that goal...plus my dad is a Chelski fan, and he constantly complains about that game...and everytime he does, I smile a little.

Last edited:

HBL

Established Member

Think PSG can definitely challenge for the CL if they can keep their strongest XI fit and maybe add a full back in Jan.

Icardi
Mbappe - Neymar - Di Maria
Verratti - Gueye
Bernat - Marquinhos - Silva - Meunier/Dagba
Navas
The debate for me is who joins Silva as the other cb, I've criticised Kimpembe in the past but he has been much better this season and Marquinhos has had a few dodgy moments recently. Would still expect Marquinhos to start but Kimpembe is starting to bridge the gap.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Think PSG can definitely challenge for the CL if they can keep their strongest XI fit and maybe add a full back in Jan.

Icardi
Mbappe - Neymar - Di Maria
Verratti - Gueye
Bernat - Marquinhos - Silva - Meunier/Dagba
Navas
The debate for me is who joins Silva as the other cb, I've criticised Kimpembe in the past but he has been much better this season and Marquinhos has had a few dodgy moments recently. Would still expect Marquinhos to start but Kimpembe is starting to bridge the gap.

Interestingly, Tuchel has started Marquinhos in CM in CL. That has given the team a more stable defensive structure. When Neymar is back though not sure how this going to work since I can't see how he sits ant of this trio Mbappe - Neymar - Di Maria for a more defensive set up with 3 midfielders. By the way, Di Maria has been on fire since the start of the season too.

HBL

Established Member
One of Ziyech/Ødegaard really needed here next season, would be amazing and allow us to properly switch to a 4321/433, as both a very good defensively.

Latest posts

Top Bottom