• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
People talking about negative football and identity then backing Mourinho.

GrippingFemaleBinturong-size_restricted.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd be more concerned about that if he didn't win the title after all that. He even said on Sunday after the Liverpool-United game sometimes players aren't good for certain managers and vice versa. Remy scored a few goals in their title winning season too. Salah was nowhere near the player he is now.

Also apparently KDB told Mourinho he wanted to leave so for Mourinho that was it, he doesn't want players who aren't committed. I'm not sure what happened with Lukaku but I think it was something similar, they've clearly made up since then I think Lukaku appreciates Mourinho more than he did as a youngster.

As for Madrid, who haven't their squad fallen out with? Ancelotti had problems in his final season there, they didn't give Benitez a chance, Zidane and Bale have/had issues he left and then came back. They had 3 managers last season.

Surely you see the problem. A manager who’s proven himself to at best last three years.

Sells off young players who aren’t ready, who then go onto treble their value within three years.

Replaces those players with average players who the club is then left with after he’s sacked.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
People talking about negative football and identity then backing Mourinho.

GrippingFemaleBinturong-size_restricted.gif

People are mistaking defensive with negative football.

Emery is delivering negative football. As @GDeep™ said before, if we were winning games by being good defensively or, if at the very least, we were not conceeding so many ****ing chances every match and had more than 2 (iirc) away game clean sheets to show for it in the league, people wouldn't be on his back.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Surely you see the problem. A manager who’s proven himself to at best last three years.

Sells off young players who aren’t ready, who then go onto treble their value within three years.

Replaces those players with average players who the club is then left with after he’s sacked.

If he wins a couple of league titles before his 3rd year meltdown I'd accept that along with selling all the youngsters he wants.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If he wins a couple of league titles before his 3rd year meltdown I'd accept that along with selling all the youngsters he wants.

He would never win the league with us imo.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

On a tactical level, I think there are not many that are Mourinho's equal. I am more worried about the man management side. Initially, you might like the manager going after the players publicly. Long term, you cannot do that these days.

I remember Wenger being interviewed, he mentioned that today the power relationship between manager and players is more "horizontal than vertical", compared to when he took over at Arsenal.

On an emotional side, it feels totally wrong to have Mourinho at Arsenal. Rationally, I think he could be very good for us. I'd be surprised if he was ever more hungry than now, and this is a different club than Chelsea and Manchester United.

Could he adjust to the club culture here? Could he prove the previous pattern wrong?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Well if he can't then no one will. Not saying you're wrong but there's no one out there more likely to win us a league title than Mourinho.

As I said he is a top manager especially pre leaving Madrid, but it will always amaze me how many Arsenal fans would want him as our manager...I assume you were all there back in the day when he was having dig after dig at Arsène (he said some horrible stuff, way worse than anything Ferguson did imo) I hate him if i'm honest, serial winner on not...would be like signing Wayne Rooney at some point after 2005, top player but I will never forgive him for that dive against my team...isn't that what football is all about, your emotional ride with your team...you can't just ignore those moments surely, they are apart of all of us.

Would rather try and find the next Wenger, even if we never do...and even if we never win the league again, than ever EVER win it under him...I just couldn't do it.

Underhill

Mourinho would be a horrible solution. Yes, he would probably manage to fix our defense, but he would also not give chances to anyone under the age of 25.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Just looking at the tactics at his three great teams its underplayed how well he adapts. Would love to see what he could build round Auba & Pepe in attack.

Can see vast majority of the squad thriving under Jose. Casualties maybe Lacazette, Lucas & Hector? Not heard much from Jose on Xhaka but no chance at DM.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just looking at the tactics at his three great teams its underplayed how well he adapts. Would love to see what he could build round Auba & Pepe in attack.

Can see vast majority of the squad thriving under Jose. Casualties maybe Lacazette, Lucas & Hector? Not heard much from Jose on Xhaka but no chance at DM.

I mean if we’re being really picky I’d say it’s two great teams. Both of those were over a decade ago.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
On a tactical level, I think there are not many that are Mourinho's equal. I am more worried about the man management side. Initially, you might like the manager going after the players publicly. Long term, you cannot do that these days.

I remember Wenger being interviewed, he mentioned that today the power relationship between manager and players is more "horizontal than vertical", compared to when he took over at Arsenal.

On an emotional side, it feels totally wrong to have Mourinho at Arsenal. Rationally, I think he could be very good for us. I'd be surprised if he was ever more hungry than now, and this is a different club than Chelsea and Manchester United.

Could he adjust to the club culture here? Could he prove the previous pattern wrong?
This is the only thing I can give Emery credit on. He’s actually got the squad’s camaraderie level as high as I’ve seen it in 10 years or so.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This piece of ****’s job is going to be saved by Tierney and Bellerin, just wait.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Would happily take Mourinho, feel like now he could possibly be at his most best/determined to succeed.

Implosion at Chelsea, sacked at Utd and now a bit of a break from the game; Jose is clearly no idiot, I think Chelsea final season and Utd would have taught him a lot, a hell of a lot and if he is talking about a project being his next job that clearly excites him and would motivate him to succeed and prove everyone wrong.

Being a pundit will probably have bonded him a bit with the media and he can see it from the other side of the table so may even be less moody with them.

However, if we were to ever go for Mourinho he would need full board backing, pick of players and a long term contract to complete his work, any of that not given then it would probably fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom