• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace| Sunday 27th October | KO:16:30 GMT | Illegal Streams

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

It's a tough one but you can't really complain, I think. It's 50/50 really and it's tough when all of those go against you, but you can't really argue it either.

But you can argue the team being ****e again after the 2 goal lead, that both goals came from corners, that the lead was thrown away and the team made itself vulnerable to a 50/50 ref/var decision.

50/50?

When VAR denies the winning goal it has to be clear. This was more like 95/5.

roz

Fake News Merchant
It's a tough one but you can't really complain, I think. It's 50/50 really and it's tough when all of those go against you, but you can't really argue it either.

But you can argue the team being ****e again after the 2 goal lead, that both goals came from corners, that the lead was thrown away and the team made itself vulnerable to a 50/50 ref/var decision.
Its not 50/50. its not even close!
Its a penalty if anything, theres 3 of them obstructing him. And there is that initial push on chambers right at the start!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Where do you draw the line then? If Arsenal scored 10 goals and the refs disallowed every single one of them for absolutely no reason would you still say "We should've still won no matter what you can't blame the refs!"?

That's just silly. It's all in the context. If Arsenal had seen out the game the way they started it would've been more than a one goal difference at the end, which makes you independent of any bad ref decisions. 2-1, 3-1 you name it. But if you throw a 2-0 home lead like this, you make yourself vulnerable.

And looking at it in all those clips posted, it's very much a situation that can go any direction. Goal allowed, pen, goal disallowed - it's all withing possibility looking at it and knowing the dodgy, unclear rules. That's a prime example of a decision that can go anywhere due to unclear rules and as it's a bit of an unclear situation. If you're a great team, you make yourself independent from such things in most of your games, and this was one in which that was absolutely possible.

roz

Fake News Merchant
That's just silly. It's all in the context. If Arsenal had seen out the game the way they started it would've been more than a one goal difference at the end, which makes you independent of any bad ref decisions. 2-1, 3-1 you name it. But if you throw a 2-0 home lead like this, you make yourself vulnerable.

And looking at it in all those clips posted, it's very much a situation that can go any direction. Goal allowed, pen, goal disallowed - it's all withing possibility looking at it and knowing the dodgy, unclear rules. That's a prime example of a decision that can go anywhere due to unclear rules and as it's a bit of an unclear situation. If you're a great team, you make yourself independent from such things in most of your games, and this was one in which that was absolutely possible.
Sorry, can't help but disagree with you. They brought in VAR to help eradicate the dodgy and unclear decisions to make the game fairer. Instead its being used to further agendas against teams without any repercussion.

Granted without seeing the replay it looks unclear as the whole situation was a mess. Seeing the replay SHOWS it was a goal fair and square. Not much you can do other than that really?

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Not holding refs accountable for terrible decisions and defending them like you are currently doing is only going to make things worse.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Btw the stuff with Xhaka was a fecking disgrace. Don´t care about what anyone thinks of a player, that´s simply no way to treat someone.

This is what you would expect from plastic Chelski fans. Really embarrasing.
Have you ever been to a PL game or gone to a local pub to watch a game? The **** you hear there about players, incl. the team you support.

This is how football is. Fans booing a player that isn't performing is par for the course in my view. I don't do it myself, but really don't expect the same from others.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This has to be a joke surely?

It must be. Chambers didn't do anything wrong. He was in fact fouled twice, by two different players. First the defender pushed him with 2 hands while he wasn't even looking at the ball. Then Cahil kicks him from behind.

I didn't see the game. Just looking at that clip has made me furious. Robbed again by the refs, even with VAR. A joke of the highest order.

Gursha

Fans were wrong to cheer his subtition, but his reaction is something you cant come back from... deliberately walking slowly cause the fans pissed you off, when your team is chasing the winning goal?? thats just thinking of you own ego instead of the team... disgraceful...
Gotta be stripped of captaincy and prob sold at Jan... its something you cant go back from...

Lewdtenant

Giga Tilted

:rolleyes:

Toby

This has to be a joke surely?
50/50?

When VAR denies the winning goal it has to be clear. This was more like 95/5.
Its not 50/50. its not even close!
Its a penalty if anything, theres 3 of them obstructing him. And there is that initial push on chambers right at the start!

Afaik the rules state the first foul is the one to be penalized, especially under VAR evaluation as they have the tools to do so. In about half the perspectives I saw Chambers committed the first foul stepping on that defenders foot trying to get to the ball. So all in all that's definitely a 50/50 depending on ref interpretation for me, something that can go any way; something that's infuriating if it robs you of a goal, but nothing you can really accuse of being the game deciding situation.

Toby

Sorry, can't help but disagree with you. They brought in VAR to help eradicate the dodgy and unclear decisions to make the game fairer.

:lol::lol::lol:

If you cling to that believe, I'm sorry for you. The only thing making the game more fair and decisions more clear would be a reform of the rules making those more clear, taking away interpretation space for refs and a true professionalization of the ref job. Not more idiots behind a screen making more idiot decisions based on wishy washy rules.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Afaik the rules state the first foul is the one to be penalized, especially under VAR evaluation as they have the tools to do so. In about half the perspectives I saw Chambers committed the first foul stepping on that defenders foot trying to get to the ball. So all in all that's definitely a 50/50 depending on ref interpretation for me, something that can go any way; something that's infuriating if it robs you of a goal, but nothing you can really accuse of being the game deciding situation.
It was literally the game deciding situation...

Reactions: roz

Toby

Not holding refs accountable for terrible decisions and defending them like you are currently doing is only going to make things worse.

It's not the refs individually. It's the different FA and the ref associations. Refs are are ****, but to a massive degree they are because the rules are **** und unclear. And this isn't even a good example because it exactly highlights why refs make bad decisions. I don't see any clear direction to follow in this situation by current rules. Sure I would've loved Arsenal to win, I would've loved Stuttgart to make it 4-4 at the weekend, but blaming refs on such results is just weak.

Toby

It was literally the game deciding situation...

No it wasn't. The game was decided by Arsenal being complacent ****s who don't know how to attack and win against a Hodgson team at home. That's the game decider.

If you're so stupid to gift away a two goal lead instead of capitalizing on it, and then blame the ref for a decision that with the interpretation space given to refs and VAR by unclear rules can go anyway, depending on which perspective you see it from, that's no game deciding that's sheer stupidity.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Was the one where he mocked people who suggested Emery had lost the dressing room right?
People said he lost the dressing room after Vitoria scored their 2nd goal. It doesn't seem to be any kind of thoughtful analysis, just a reactionary comment whenever things go bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom