• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
A striker with no service In play bad shocker.
You have to admit even when he got the ball he looked a bit clueless though. Dribbled his way into blind alleys, failed to link his team mates.. I found him to be quite frustrating both last night and mid week.

Highbury

I don’t understand the people who defend him.

The acquisition of Aubameyang in January 2018 made the signing of Lacazette in the summer of 2017 pointless. Wenger completely messed it up - he wanted a winger, ended up with a substandard number 9, before signing a world class poacher a few months later, ensuring that the world class poacher will have to be shifted out wide to accommodate the substandard number 9.

Lacazette needs to be sold ASAP and replaced with a winger. Play Aubameyang in the middle, use Martinelli as the backup ST and get a LW with Nelson serving as his backup.

Arsenal is no longer a club that can attract elite talent in their 20s. We have to either get them very young (teens, like Guendouzi and perhaps Martinelli) or someone in their late 20s and early 30s (Aubameyang).

If a player is between 22-23 and 26-27 and if he ends up at Arsenal today, it is pretty obvious that he is not that good. That is why I was wary of the assessment that we had struck gold with Xhaka who was supposedly a highly rated young DLP, wanted by both Bayern and City.

If Lacazette was as good as some thought, there is no way he would have moved to Arsenal at the age of 26.

mpower2540

Spends most of his time backing in to players, making first time passes that rarely find a man and looking disgruntled. I’m maybe being harsh but he’s just a decent player, nothing more than that. He’s not outstanding or elite in any area that I can see and what makes it worse is we’re shunting a player who does have elite goal scoring qualities out wide to accommodate him. Unless he changes the system to play both up top, I don’t really see the point of holding onto Laca if we can get a decent amount.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'd actually try him at 10 /9.5 behind/beside Auba.

Think he is more of a false 9 than a number 10 imo, think our midfield would get overrun if we played him behind Auba...but our midfield gets overrun in every game these days no matter how many we have in it so why not try it! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom