• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace| Sunday 27th October | KO:16:30 GMT | Illegal Streams

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

England could learn a thing or two about VAR from other countries. Seems to work fine in CL, WC and all other major leagues.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Afaik the rules state the first foul is the one to be penalized, especially under VAR evaluation as they have the tools to do so. In about half the perspectives I saw Chambers committed the first foul stepping on that defenders foot trying to get to the ball. So all in all that's definitely a 50/50 depending on ref interpretation for me, something that can go any way; something that's infuriating if it robs you of a goal, but nothing you can really accuse of being the game deciding situation.
THE FIRST ONE WAS A FOUL! WATCH THE CLIP. CHAMBERS IS PUSHED AS HE MAKES HIS RUN CLEAR AS DAY!!!!!!!

roz

Fake News Merchant
No it wasn't. The game was decided by Arsenal being complacent ****s who don't know how to attack and win against a Hodgson team at home. That's the game decider.

If you're so stupid to gift away a two goal lead instead of capitalizing on it, and then blame the ref for a decision that with the interpretation space given to refs and VAR by unclear rules can go anyway, depending on which perspective you see it from, that's no game deciding that's sheer stupidity.
I get what you're saying in regards it shouldn't have to come to VAR to take the 3points from us but its football, just because we go 2 up doesn't mean we deserve to win? We deserved to win because they scored 2 and then we scored another which was WRONGLY taken away from us. Sick of the bias against Arsenal, don't care if people will say 'grow up, it happens to every team'. Its happened to us for as long as i remember watching football, ever since we had the majestic rivalry with United and we were simply TOO good for them with our fancy, fleet footed foreigners. They're only answer was to kick us off the pitch with the help of the refs that allowed it. THIS IS NO DIFFERENT to today with VAR.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I get what you're saying in regards it shouldn't have to come to VAR to take the 3points from us but its football, just because we go 2 up doesn't mean we deserve to win? We deserved to win because they scored 2 and then we scored another which was WRONGLY taken away from us. Sick of the bias against Arsenal, don't care if people will say 'grow up, it happens to every team'. Its happened to us for as long as i remember watching football, ever since we had the majestic rivalry with United and we were simply TOO good for them with our fancy, fleet footed foreigners. They're only answer was to kick us off the pitch with the help of the refs that allowed it. THIS IS NO DIFFERENT to today with VAR.

Get some perspective. That disallowed goal definitely isn't on par with the far more worse **** that has been done to Arsenal over the years. There is a bias, a lot of teams just try to kick Arsenal off the pitch, but I just don't get it with this particular decision in the context of this game. Arsenal robbed itself of 3 points, not the, ref, not VAR. Maybe unclear rules had a part, but mostly it was Arsenal and the manager itself.

Toby

Yeah not clear at all, what to do, hmm if only there were clearer rules..

Look, that's exacly what I mean. That's another perspective and then it's Cahill as first offender. So there seem to about 3 to 5 fouls in there. VAR doesn't really help, the ref doesn't really help...but even then that push...is it a clear pen...I don't know. Is the Chambers foot on the defender's foot such a clear foul you just have to disallow the goal...I don't really know. And that's the problem right there.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Get some perspective. That disallowed goal definitely isn't on par with the far more worse **** that has been done to Arsenal over the years. There is a bias, a lot of teams just try to kick Arsenal off the pitch, but I just don't get it with this particular decision in the context of this game. Arsenal robbed itself of 3 points, not the, ref, not VAR. Maybe unclear rules had a part, but mostly it was Arsenal and the manager itself.
It IS just as bad though, its 3points lost due to an agenda against us. Don't manage to get to the Emirates much now I live out of London but when I watch games on TV/Stream I have to mute the commentary as so much of what is said encourages the anti Arsenal rhetoric. Too many people aren't smart enough to form their own opinion so will just listen to what biased anti arsenal people have to say, it contributes to the poison that is seen so regularly inside the ground and across the papers and media.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
People said he lost the dressing room after Vitoria scored their 2nd goal. It doesn't seem to be any kind of thoughtful analysis, just a reactionary comment whenever things go bad.

Can confirm this is true, as I just did it!

He's just too defensive minded for some of these players though, the attack especially is so terrible atm.

Reactions: A_G

Lewdtenant

Giga Tilted
Look, that's exacly what I mean. That's another perspective and then it's Cahill as first offender. So there seem to about 3 to 5 fouls in there. VAR doesn't really help, the ref doesn't really help...but even then that push...is it a clear pen...I don't know. Is the Chambers foot on the defender's foot such a clear foul you just have to disallow the goal...I don't really know. And that's the problem right there.

Either way you slice it, this is blatant and no amount of mud in the water is gonna obscure that. Please stop trying to spin your way out of this

Toby

Either way you slice it, this is blatant and no amount of mud in the water is gonna obscure that. Please stop trying to spin your way out of this

pbLqP6H.jpg

Toby

England could learn a thing or two about VAR from other countries. Seems to work fine in CL, WC and all other major leagues.

Last WC was okay, CL is a bit dodgy but not as the rest, Germany is horrible e.g.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Emery look asking why the var didn't give pepe penalty against Bournemouth and they didn't even check the Sokratis accident against Sheffield both were more clear penalties than Zaha

Preacher

Always Crying
VAR can be used to overturn a subjective decision if a "clear and obvious error" has been identified.

The referee will explain their decision to the VAR, and what they have seen.

If the evidence provided by the broadcast footage does not accord with what the referee believes they have seen, then the VAR can recommend an overturn.

This bit is taken from official EPL guidelines. Where was clear and obvious today ?

50/50, 95/5??? It should 100/0. It was complete joke.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Having monitors in stadium is useless if you never use them whole europe top leagues ask the ref to watch the accident so he can decide. Just waste of money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom