• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace| Sunday 27th October | KO:16:30 GMT | Illegal Streams

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Against Sheffield they didn't even bother to check the Sokratis and Saka accidents its ridiculous.

roz

Fake News Merchant
There is alot of wrong decisions for example the penalty that Everton conceded yesterday was ridiculous the Delafeou penalty that shoul been given against Sp**s but they didn't bother check the pepe penalty against Bournemouth. There something wrong with people who in var room
THIS.
I can only think of 2 things that it could be:

1-The fa don't actually want VAR, they are using it to show the world that they are progressive and fair. They do however want it to fail, so that they don't have to use it, hence all the terrible decisions.

2-Corruption in football.

Again realise I sound like a bigfoot hunter but i can think of no other reason as to how even more bad decisions are being made AFTER reviewing. it makes no sense. Its just Dodgy.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
THIS.
I can only think of 2 things that it could be:

1-The fa don't actually want VAR, they are using it to show the world that they are progressive and fair. They do however want it to fail, so that they don't have to use it, hence all the terrible decisions.

2-Corruption in football.

Again realise I sound like a bigfoot hunter but i can think of no other reason as to how even more bad decisions are being made AFTER reviewing. it makes no sense. Its just Dodgy.
The fa should move on with times everybody using var in correct way not depending on guy who is best ref in f**king Australia.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Atkinson was having a good game until the penalty decision, he went to pieces after that. It was as if, having been overruled, he was careful to give Palace the benefit of the doubt for everything. There was a period in the first 12 minutes or so of the second-half where he gave five decisions, which were at best 50/50, to them in a row.

And then on top of that he's overruled for the legit goal! This is a scandal, no other word for it.

Lewdtenant

Giga Tilted
Nothing was, that's the thing. Of course you're an Arsenal fan and see everything with tinted glasses, but that situation was not 100% clear. It could've been with other rules, but just letting more ****** have a look at it with the same set of washy rules is not a solution to that.

Takes some epic insight to see that opinions here will skew in the favour of Arsenal.. Thank god for nuance bros who will share their enlightened thoughts so the rabble doesn't get carried away.. Yes the rules are open to interpretation, another gem free of charge.. what specific changes do you suggest, that would allow us to object to any calls and not have to suffer this kind of obfuscation ?

I am running out of sighs..

Last edited:

ASIF

Against Sheffield they didn't even bother to check the Sokratis and Saka accidents its ridiculous.
I think we deserved to lose against Shield united and didnt even deserve 1 point after going 2 goals up in 9 mins.We sit back instead of playing football.Every club has more shots then us even the Europa league team who got beaten by a semi professional club just a week ago.Auba hardly had a shot today.Just get rid of Emery now when we still have a chance for 4th rather than wait whole season.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I think we deserved to lose against Shield united and didnt even deserve 1 point after going 2 goals up in 9 mins.We sit back instead of playing football.Every club has more shots then us even the Europa league team who got beaten by a semi professional club just a week ago.Auba hardly had a shot today.Just get rid of Emery now when we still have a chance for 4th rather than wait whole season.
Don't think you can blame Emery for Auba not having a shot, Aubas been poor for since Watford

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Atkinson was having a good game until the penalty decision, he went to pieces after that. It was as if, having been overruled, he was careful to give Palace the benefit of the doubt for everything. There was a period in the first 12 minutes or so of the second-half where he gave five decisions, which were at best 50/50, to them in a row.

And then on top of that he's overruled for the legit goal! This is a scandal, no other word for it.
He was super bad the amount of fouls he give for crystal Palace for soft push was ridiculous he lost the control

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We did deserve but these decisions are game changers you know its not matter how bad you played the Sokratis penalty should been given it was early in the gamw too and Saka dive should been checked like they did today with Zaha

argon__

Wasn't there a handful of incidents involving Ayew that could have been given as well? Possibly leading to a second yellow?

Also, I wonder what the VAR room told him to justify not reviewing the situation himself. That's his real fault imo.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Nothing was, that's the thing. Of course you're an Arsenal fan and see everything with tinted glasses, but that situation was not 100% clear. It could've been with other rules, but just letting more ****** have a look at it with the same set of washy rules is not a solution to that.

Well quite - all this does is take the responsibility from a qualified knob on the pitch to an even bigger, unqualified and unanswerable knob sat in a room out back.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Point taken, still its also on him. He's untouchable to every Arsenal fan apparently
He's not and i agree in general. But being a forward in this particular Arsenal team is not easy. No creativity and expected to produce something out of nothing every game.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
what specific changes do you suggest, that allow us to object to any calls made without having to suffer this kind of hand waving?

It's not about hand waving. Incorrect decisions get made ever match. Some teams are more targeted than others for various reasons. But the underlying problem - and in that the changes I suggest - is a revision of the rules because that's the underlying problem. The less room for interpretation by individuals there is, the less bogus there is. But they won't do it - not because they want to hurt specific teams, but because they want to protect themselves. If you can say any bad decisions is down to the interpretation you can basically defend any decision no matter how right, wrong or whatever it is. That's the problem. Not bias. A specific set of rules, nailed on and focused, with professional refs and an asociation of refs that evaluates by that rules kills any mis refereeing. Has nothing to do with Arsenal hand waving anything.

And still: That situation is not as clear as you thing or may wish it to be.

roz

Fake News Merchant
He's not and i agree in general. But being a forward in this particular Arsenal team is not easy. No creativity and expected to produce something out of nothing every game.
Yeah, but there should be though I fell thats why the whole situation is so frustrating. All of our midfield and forwards can play a decent pass. so why isn't it happening? It can't just be Emerys tactics surely.

Luc

So sad that they dropped two points, it feels like a lost today. That VAR moment was Key in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom