• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

A very good comment in Athletic

It's hard to believe that Torreira was more upset by the vocal treatment flung Xhaka's way by the fans on Sunday than he was by being played as a wide-right attacker (I'm kind of guessing that was his role – it's hard to work out precisely what Emery expects of his midfielders any more) during the Europa League match a few days earlier.

Still, you feel for the guy – as, in retrospect – I feel for Eboué, precisely because I was one of those that barracked the poor sod for his appalling 10-minute cameo against Wigan all those years ago.

I kept schtum for Xhaka's exit yesterday, tho', as I've never actually booed a player whose played for the Arse, no matter how poor they are. But it's getting to the point where it's becoming almost inevitable… Witness how Sokratis shamelessly threw himself to the ground when he tried to dribble past a Palace player, was outpaced then tried to con the ref into getting a fee kick.

He's conning us, though… We don't pay to come and watch that crap (nor do we enjoy seeing Lacazette falling backwards like he's been shot when a defender merely brushes foreheads with him).

There's something rotten in the state of the Emirates that goes way beyond the fans (and I readily admit that we are a spoilt, entitled bunch of pr*cks at times). A cultural gap has developed between the (bulk of the) team and its supporters and now it's a question of what gives first.

I'll be weighing up very seriously as to whether I can be bothered to go the Wolves game this Saturday – it's definitely no fun anymore (and you could never say that for all of the Wenger years). It's much more like the dog days of the Graham era, and that was bad enough…

A big part of me feel the same, if I was a regular match goer I would seriously question whether to sell my ticket or not, its that bad now, its not like when I do go to the emirates its some amazing experince, recently its been horrific football and a rubbish atmosphere, even questioning if I can be bothered to watch us all the time on t.v, if im honest it just ends up pissing me off, I feel totally different from how I did last season when I was saying you have to give the manager time....sadly a habit is hard to break so im sure I just carry on watching even though I could be doing better things

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He has lost the dressing room, and he is not the character to get back from that (very few are). So it's time to say goodbye, mister.

Any good interim managers out there?
Laurent Blanc was the main contender to become United's interim boss before Ole...not sure I'd want him though.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He's destroying our club.

Cannot for a second understand how people can support this clown, especially when he's unable to use an offensive as good as Özil. It's mindboggling. There's zero consistency in what he does, zero cohesion between the players, it's all a big pile of rubble.

I'm only tuning in for the matches these days, and after 10 minutes I regret that decision every time because of how utterly shambolic our football is.

The sooner he ****s off the better. Even if he turns it around for a second you just know that this tinkering fool will find some asinine way to **** it all up again.

dbig

I was a huge Wenger detractor in the final years but I was never this apathetic about Arsenal. My wife reminds me about midweek games, i fall asleep during European nights, I watch Rugby instead of Arsenal. . All things that I would have never allowed to happen just 4 years back... Maybe it the fact that I am a father and have less time but it feels like the passion is being robbed from elsewhere

I used to wake up in the middle of the night for our games. Now I turn on our games only when I have insomnia and need to fall asleep. :lol:

Not the whole truth (I actually stay awake through the worse games), but I could hardly be arsed to find our streams these days. And I was in London just a few weeks back and didn't bother looking for a ticket.

I must confess I was never sold on Emery, and have been complaining about the dire play and talking about Emery's luck during the unbeaten run last year. Wanted him out by the end of last season, even if we won the EL and/or finished top 4, because I was convinced there was a decline from Arsène's last season in overall game play. It's gotten worse now.

Feels like a total train-wreck. How could a manager be this bad? I think almost all the other teams in the league are better organised than us.

However, I must say that some who have turned on him recently seem to have gone overboard in viciousness. Oh well, as long as it's just name calling and wishing ill on here, I guess it's harmless enough.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's been "not great" for a decade, fans are fed up beyond belief. We were sold a ****ing lie when we moved to the Emirates. It's been **** for so long, I have zero tolerance for garbage anymore.
Name me one other club in the league with a squad spending around 5th who have challenged for the title and won more than 3 cups.

No, you can't because there aren't any. The title winners have always been clubs spending at the top, that's why City, United, and Chelsea have won the league between them since 2004, apart from Leicester. And they've won once in 100 years. Good luck with that model.

To get up there challenging, Pool have somehow acquired an excellent manager and a €700 million squad. And they did it by some clever business in the transfer market. Not buying **** Chelsea rejects, that's for sure.

Last edited:

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
the problem is who is going to come here?

allegri no way too risky
mourinho is not an option.
can we lure someone like pellegrini away from west ham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom