• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Such a difference although he was not even fully match sharp.

They way in which he makes the transitions and opens up space, makes our game so much better to watch.

But then we have the **** in charge to spoil it all and have our game go to toilet as soon as Özil was taken off.

DasBootist

That one touch interception pass for our third goal was really amazing and the only thing better was his backheel assist for the 4th... we have no player that can do that kind of stuff
'Tis a great shame, the amount of games Mesut has missed due to the bum in charge.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

plot twist: He won't play :p
How has he been left out all season. It’s actually a joke.

Emery’s chosen the stupidest hill to die on and he’s probably going to pay for it with his job.

Yup and the guy did it on pure talent , with no match fitness . Imagine if Emery was actually interested in getting the best out of him from the start of the season .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That one touch interception pass for our third goal was really amazing and the only thing better was his backheel assist for the 4th... we have no player that can do that kind of stuff

My girlfriend loved that back heel, she only watches us when he plays...also she went crazy in the first half when he outmuscled their DM for the ball for some reason :lol:

She loves him more than she does me, can't say I blame her tbf...

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The boy done good today. Individual one off games has never been the issue TBH. It’s been inconsistency or illness where he usually comes unstuck.

Will he get a chance on Sat? Who the fvck knows anymore???

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
His composure and the way he passes are so elegant. It is been quite sometime, it looked like nostalgia kicking in. FFS play him from now on. I don't care if he doesn't track back. Not that the team is doing any better without him anyway. Ceballos is nowhere near Özil.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Should we be surprised Özil is capable of performances like these? Not at all. He has always been a supremely talented player.

Can he produce performances like these on a regular basis? Not sure about that, in the last 18 months he has been very inconsistent, even when he got a good run in the team. Maybe he finally will turn that corner now.

Should Emery keep him out of the squad? Absolutely not. If we are playing with a no.10, Özil should start. We have no other player even close to what he can produce in that area of the pitch.

There will be games which he won't be able to influence much. Some games he might even be a passenger. But still we can't afford to leave him out of the starting 11 if we keep playing the current system/formation.

Really hope Özil maintains this level, joy to watch when he is plays like this. His vision and touch can be extraordinary.

Gooner_girl14

He was very good today, pity he still got subbed off. He's had 3 appearances so far this season and has been good overall. He's not what he once was but he clearly still has something to offer this squad. He's probably still our most creative player. I had hoped Ceballos would fill that void Emery has left by freezing out Özil, but unfortunately it hasn't worked out like that so far. Özil definitely should be at least on the bench for most of our matches.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
As I've mentioned previously Özil will work best with Torreira and Willock in the team. Both have legs and are direct.

Although I really like Geundouzi and Dani, both are ball hogs and really slow down the play, this really impacts our creativity because we're not incisive enough to exploit the opporunties during the transistions (something the invinciles were so good at). And instead end up allow the opposition to reorganise their defensive shape.

Hope he starts on Saturday.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Unai dug his own grave when he started Mesut.

And he gave Mesut the shovel when he took the German off.

It is a pristine example of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, except that this was all of his own making.

zilfy

Unai dug his own grave when he started Mesut.

And he gave Mesut the shovel when he took the German off.

It is a pristine example of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, except that this was all of his own making.
I think emery will take all the credit for Özil's performance. He'll say freezing him out created a new hunger to get himself back in the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom