• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
On an honest level G, what would you want?

Lets say it'd be between Jose and Freddie as well if he were to be sacked.
Right now I think Mourinho. We need a big personality, a strong manager - think this Arsenal job will drown many people like they have Emery atm.

Mourinho can come here, sort the defenders out, pick a captain, grind results out, get top 4, get us out of group stages in CL. Take us back to where we were with Wenger.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Right now I think Mourinho. We need a big personality, a strong manager - think this Arsenal job will drown many people like they have Emery atm.

Mourinho can come here, sort the defenders out, pick a captain, grind results out, get top 4, get us out of group stages in CL. Take us back to where we were with Wenger.

So would you take that but it would mean we drop points in our next games?

GDeep™

League is very weak
You have the Wenger factor with a potential Jose appointment, feels like you’re kinda spitting on him. That’s a very uncomfortable feeling, tried to block it but it’s hard.

Wenger already doesn’t come to matches, under Jose he’ll further disappear you feel.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Bringing in Mourinho guarantees CL next season as long as the gap isn’t too wide before he joins.

It’s all good that we want to give our youth a chance but we need to be in the CL next season, no excuses.

As others have said, offer Mourinho a 2 year deal and then try to find a long term solution like a Nagelsmann for the future.

GDeep™

League is very weak
One thing I’m certain of though, Arsenal is a tough tough job, lots of expectations not many resources, heavy badge, London City, demanding fans, gets toxic quickly, clear disconnect between fans and players. Also a culture where you feel players are just happy collecting their pay.

This is deep water stuff, needs a big big manager to handle this.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah. I’ll happily see us lose our next few games if it meant a managerial change. People will get on their high horse, but Emery is a lame duck now anyway.

Fair enough. Thing is no guarantees in football, so you never know about Jose, but I'd like to see a change. But again I'd love to see Emery turn it around.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s amazing really, we’re now dreaming of a manager to take us where Wenger had us for over 20 years.

Regular CL football, getting out of the group stages etc. Feels like a dream atm.

We took that for granted.

Another year of Europa League football would be disastrous for the club. I hate this Thursday and Sunday/Monday fixture schedule.

boyinneedofhumor

Q1 - is Emery considered a "long term"?

Q2 - have the Club identified one, and is that person available now?

Q3 - what is it that makes someone like Mourinho desirable or "guaranteed" as a stop gap for Arsenal over Ljungberg, Pires, Vieira or/and even Bergkamp, Henry? Given how that c**t would target our team as weak previously and his history with Chelsea and Utd?

I'd rather the position be used to build "one of ours" up during the interim, either as a coach or a manager.

Mourinho?? Seriously??

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
You have the Wenger factor with a potential Jose appointment, feels like you’re kinda spitting on him. That’s a very uncomfortable feeling, tried to block it but it’s hard.

Wenger already doesn’t come to matches, under Jose he’ll further disappear you feel.

Wenger said he doesn't want to put further pressure on Unai, that's why he's not coming.

Can see him attend matches when the next manager is appointed though. Or maybe fron next season.

As for Mourinho. Would only take him for the rest of the season, which he obviously wouldn't want. Let's not kid ourselves, his football is every bit as dreadful as Emery's.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Q1 - is Emery considered a "long term"?

Q2 - have the Club identified one, and is that person available now?

Q3 - what is it that makes someone like Mourinho desirable or "guaranteed" as a stop gap for Arsenal over Ljungberg, Pires, Vieira or/and even Bergkamp, Henry? Given how that c**t would target our team as weak previously and his history with Chelsea and Utd?

I'd rather the position be used to build "one of ours" up during the interim, either as a coach or a manager.

Mourinho?? Seriously??

Let’s hire Thierry Henry as our manager and Dennis Bergkamp as his assistant. Then get Pires, Freddie, Vieira and Keown as coaches.

Dream scenario. All brilliant players do make brilliant managers, right?

boyinneedofhumor

Let’s hire Thierry Henry as our manager and Dennis Bergkamp as his assistant. Then get Pires, Freddie, Vieira and Keown as coaches.

Dream scenario. All brilliant players do make brilliant managers, right?
No.

But I doubt any of those would slap the owner, fans or attention grabbing in the media...

I didn't know Mourinho's an angel... wow...

pacstud

One thing I’m certain of though, Arsenal is a tough tough job, lots of expectations not many resources, heavy badge, London City, demanding fans, gets toxic quickly, clear disconnect between fans and players. Also a culture where you feel players are just happy collecting their pay.

This is deep water stuff, needs a big big manager to handle this.
Same scenario he walked into at ManU and failed. That's my fear.

boyinneedofhumor

Emery has to sort it out with the Özil situation, but Mourinho had a Pogba too.

The good news is that Mourinho won't be able to raise 3 fingers at fans here.
The bad news is that 1 might just be good enough for him.

If one cant handle a response from Xhaka, can they take one from Mourinho if/when it happens?

(I rest my case. This is just a caution that things could equally go south and not north instead.
And personally because I feel embarrassed at the thought of contemplating him as an option for the Club.
And that he would be the real winner by salvaging his career here if it happened. Not us)

Steps

I've kind of had it with this, "We should support the club," as if that somehow equates to supporting the manager. This is Arsenal Football Club - it is bigger than any one player or manager. Emery has proven to be a mistake by most every metric, and I think most people want him out in the best interests of the club. It is no different than if there is a player not performing on the pitch, which no one seems to have any qualms about calling out.

I do support the club, and it is because of this that Emery needs to go. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom