• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
Wouldnt say fantastic but he was certainly a big reason in why we got a draw. The link up with auba,laca and Özil is great but as soon as 1 of them is missing it goes to crap. As soon as laca came off we lost all physicality and went long ball.

Today showed promise in spells. Lets hope we can get the trio fit and on form.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Talking about stats, here's one to make things interesting:

Lacazette with as many goals as our CB's.
Alright. You came here to post these misleading stats and found that we were already talking about these misleading stats.

For a bit of context, 11 of those 18 matches were played this season. among them, Laca started only in 4 matches and got two goals and two assists. I don't have time to dig up the last 7 matches of last season. I hope you get the point.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I expect someone to have a go at him or post misleading stats again.

This is exactly what I was talking about.

I don't even think he played in half of those games. He missed at least 6 games, mainly through injury. Then games like the ones against Liverpool away earlier this season, in which he played a grand total of 9 minutes and Sheff Utd, where he played 20 minutes are including.

I guess small details like that don't matter.

OSBK

Established Member

Whats more worrying is auba has scored 8 goals and we have conceeded 15 in the league. We actually have the same goals scored and conceeded as Sp**s in the league. If this trend continues we will conceed 50 goals plus again this season, so just to draw we have to score 1.36 goals a game roughly. Auba if he keeps current form will score 27 goals this season in the league, liverpool on current form will conceed 31 goals. Laca based on starting performances this season will score 15 goals, 27 +15 wont even be enough for us to draw.

Pretty clear where the problem is and has been for a decade. This is why i find it weird some posters are hammering laca,auba,Özil yet our defence is literally killing us.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Alright. You came here to post these misleading stats and found that we were already talking about these misleading stats.

For a bit of context, 11 of those 18 matches were played this season. among them, Laca started only in 4 matches and got two goals and two assists. I don't have time to dig up the last 7 matches of last season. I hope you get the point.
This is exactly what I was talking about.

I don't even think he played in half of those games. He missed at least 6 games, mainly through injury. Then games like the ones against Liverpool away earlier this season, in which he played a grand total of 9 minutes and Sheff Utd, where he played 20 minutes are including.

I guess small details like that don't matter.

Why do you think I posted it ffs. :D

Anyway. He played played 11 of those 18 matches. As many as newly purchased CB, Luiz.

2 in 11 is still shocking for a striker.

Can someone please post again that video that makes fun of Lacazette trying to shield the ball when nobody is around him. Its hilarious. I need to laugh again!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Why do you think I posted it ffs. :D

Fair enough :lol:.

Anyway. He played played 11 of those 18 matches. As many as newly purchased CB, Luiz.

2 in 11 is still shocking for a striker.

Well if we are going to be exact, he played 697 minutes in those 18 games. Which is about 7.7.games in total, let's just say 8 games. He has 2 goals and 3 assists in those. So 5 major contribution in 8 games. Again that sounds quite productive to me.

Not sure you can say a striker had great game in a match in which we drew and missed what should’ve been an easy chance.

I mean the assists was well taken and all that. But I felt his general play was lacking for most part, constantly passing into Wolves player or losing the ball because of bad first touch.

I get it that most on here like him but for me I don't see him ever being able to be our "main" man. There is just to much lacking.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’ve watched him objectively since his return seeing as there’s so much debate around the guy.

and tbf barring the obvious rust he’s been good. Created most chances today I believe and created our only goal of the game. Two assists in two PL starts since his return. Can’t complain about that.

Jack Russell

Rated MOTM by a few outlets. Only just come back after a long layoff. What do people want, assists? You've got them. We should play him at No.10. Our other one can't seem to muster them in the PL.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm going to go on a rant here but Lacazette is do-do:
Giving Lacazette POTS was one of the weirdest/dumbest decisions Arsenal fans have ever done. I'm telling you he really isn't that good, he's barely outscored Giroud, in 70 games Laca has 28 and Giroud had 27 but a difference of over £40 million. The big game record is a myth to. Laca has 6 goals in 24 against the top 6. Basically, 1 in 4 and he only has 2 away goals against them. One of them was a consolation goal and the other could be argued to be a deflection. Laca has 3 away goals in 4 seasons of PL football. FFS. Tammy Abraham has done better and Pulisic equalled him in one game.
Lacazette is just rated cos he wasn't as bad as Lukaku and Morata. The truth is they were all equally bad signings but like always we don't like to wipe after a sh#t till it lingers. Funny thing is Inter and Juve were both looking a striker in the summer and both went for Lukaku, Athletico Madrid went for Moratta. Who was Lacazette linked with?

Lacazette is lucky he has Auba to hold his hand otherwise there would be a lot more questions at him. He doesn't score enough goals so fans think he's our answer to Firmino. No doubt in my mind Klopp would rather play Origi than Lacazette.

Lacazette needs to humble himself, he's been here for 4 years and barely done anything to get us into the top 4. Man should be on his knees begging for a contract extension, not the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom