• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
he spent fortune on players, all at their peek, and of course club had to give them massive wages.
He cowardly then left the club knowing there was no more money to spend and would need to win things with a team he had, which at that point was washed out, all in their 30's, some of them about to retire.
They had to run out so many contracts cause they couldn't sell any of those players, even if they gave them away for free, as no one would pay those wages.
It was an insane period for the club.
I enjoyed those trophies a lot, and at first didn't realize what's gonna happen after, but once it did it was rude awakening. players they were getting in after Jose, it was hilarious stuff, nightmare stuff really, but they just couldn't afford anything else.
It would take them another decade to get over that mess if it wasn't for a foreign investor that bought club. First one didn't work, but now with Suning company and all their money in they are finally being stable again.
You could say they were lucky as Inter is such a powerful brand in world of football, especially on the East. Cause if it wasn't for them buying it and putting their money in, they could have easily become just another Parma for example.
And it all started with Moratti wanting to finally win things before he retires, and he just said Yes to everything Jose wanted, and we all know Jose only cares for his CV, never the club.
Actually, I think he even likes to leave a club in a mess when he leaves, only to make his time there look even better then it was.
Lot's of people buy it unfortunately

Fair enough. Funnily though, this is what we need a manager who can get the optimum out of experienced players. We need Luiz, Sokratis, Özil and Auba at their best. We've got enough youngsters of quality to still be in a good space in 3 years without even spending.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Honestly I don't see the issue with getting Mou in. None of it really matters anyway, Wenger mattered, now it's just football, might as well make it interesting until the next great Arsenal manager comes along (and given our history that'll be a few decades yet). Only downside is he'd sideline the kids, which tbf to Emery is one thing he doesn't do.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Fair enough. Funnily though, this is what we need a manager who can get the optimum out of experienced players. We need Luiz, Sokratis, Özil and Auba at their best. We've got enough youngsters of quality to still be in a good space in 3 years without even spending.
those youngsters would be gone by then anyways

Kav

Established Member
In a sense it mirrored Emery' s time here. Unai had the team on a run (even though they weren't playing good football) and it gave him backing.

What's interesting is that after the Utd game in around March both teams and managers have been quite inconsistent and awful at times.

Highbury

The 2010 Inter squad was one of the best teams in the world, it was just the age of the team that hurt them long term, weren’t all the starters around 30 or so?

it was a very good team but not a treble winning one. 9 in 10 managers would have failed to beat Barcelona with that side. Mourinho clearly overachieved with them and inter failed to manage the transition period that followed.

Blaming him for the mess that followed is akin to blaming SAF for the post 2013 Man United crisis.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Funny how short the memory can be. Since his last Premier League championship with Chelsea his teams really have been poverty. Yes he has won tons of trophies, but his best work is well behind him. His act wears thin quickly and he has a pattern of a certain type of negative and destructive behavior. This is something that really cannot be overlooked.

I also find it would be an insult to the brand of football Wenger built. I would find it really hard to stomach having him come in only 18 months after Wenger left. I wanted Wenger gone for sure, but not to have him be replaced by this lowlife.

Sure Emery is a poor manager for us, but to be so desperate that we faith in that Uber ****! Of course we would have to hope he does well and support him, but it would be a really tough pill to swallow. I still smart that Wenger didn’t punch him when they had that sideline tussle some years ago. I still dream Wenger would just have laid him out flat with a nice uppercut! That would have been more than epic!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
it was a very good team but not a treble winning one. 9 in 10 managers would have failed to beat Barcelona with that side. Mourinho clearly overachieved with them and inter failed to manage the transition period that followed.

Blaming him for the mess that followed is akin to blaming SAF for the post 2013 Man United crisis.

I don’t know, I really rated that Inter side, thought they were the best team in the world in 09-10 bar Barcelona probably...wouldn’t call it clearly overachieving myself, just a great achievement, they had many top players back then too...he instilled a siege mentality which really worked for that team though, perfect mix of players and manager...agree you can’t blame him for their troubles post 2010, that’s on the board.

Kav

Established Member
Hasn't Emery destroyed the brand and style of arsenal that Wenger created and ingrained for decades?

We need to resolve what we want to be and then get a coach who can fulfil that role and achieve those objectives.

Gursha

Dont Get why people think Mou will come to achieve trophies right away (E.G - bench all the promising kids)?

The board will tell him the vision and our values, and its playing youngsters...

I think if Mou will come here we will see a very different JM than the one we were used to see...

We wont demand instant trophies, we will demand something different that he didnt experience before and might be very appealing to him.

Will he be able to achieve or handle it? thats a different question...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ok Nagelsmann is ruled out but surely both Ten Haag/Arteta/Potter would come here at the click of a finger.

Rodgers would be tougher to get but I’m sure he’d love this job too. The issue would be compensation there.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

People railing against Mourinho's appointment & how it would be an affront to Arsenal's style of play have to be severely myopic to think whatever turgid style Emery is turning is akin to what "Arsenal style" football should be.

This blasted wastrel has already done his part by reducing the club's waning prestige & will continue to do so if he's not tossed on his arse now.

He never had any business coming to a club greater than his abilities.

To get back on course we need to get a winner who can align his ambition with that of the club & Mourinho is the best candidate available.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Mou is searching a different Project now... He was a serial winner called upon to get trophies...

His recent comments regarding Ole at united is that its easier to arrive with long term plans and invest in youth and build a system with no real pressure to win trophies right at the start of his tenure...

So... Thats a Jose i can accept having...

Did anyone here see him in a place that actually trust a long term project? every single place he has been was for instant success...

Maybe here he can create a Legacy?

Please forgive me for writing this Aresne :(
He upsets people everywhere he goes and creates a toxic atmosphere.
He's incapable of working long term anywhere.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I wonder if Rodgers is thinking next weekend is almost an interview for him. Batter Emery's team and get him sacked while at the same time throwing his hat in the ring (not that i want the weird lipped ****).

OSBK

Established Member
Jose in. Guy is a serial winner, its what he does. If jose comes in now we get CL and will win the EL. This crap about negative football, i didnt hear any complaints a few years ago when we went to city and parked the bus and won. In fact that perfermance was hailed for months. Right now we need arsenal back fighting.

We have a club in turmoil and no direction, there is a manager with a record of turning teams in serial winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom