• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Season is on the verge of being a write off, if they’re comfortable losing yet more money and risk losing Auba and Laca in the summer then they’ll have to live with it.

City, Real, Barca and Utd could all be looking for managers in the summer.

It’s naive to think they’ll have the pick of the bunch.

Yeah good point tbf, I always thought the plan was top 4 and look for a manager at the end of the season. Guess it does now just depend on if they think Emery can turn it around. He still can, but absolutely nothing suggests he will.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
am I missing something here? if Emery was sacked tomorrow wouldn't Freddie automatically step in as an interim manager, so no hiring as such would be involved?

Yeah and I don’t think they’ll do that. They’ll either sack him over the international break and have someone lined up over those two weeks or it won’t happen. I don’t think they’ll let Ljungberg have the team for the rest of the season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The expectations at Arsenal are so low that the club think Emery can still turn it around.

If he wins the EL for example, then everything is ok for them I guess.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Ljungberg would need assistants though right? I'd assume Emery and his team would be sacked. Ugh never had this before as an Arsenal fan, I love it!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
The expectations at Arsenal are so low that the club think Emery can still turn it around.

If he wins the EL for example, then everything is ok for them I guess.

No way he will win the el if we look like this. We wont be facing teams at Vitoria-levels after the groupstage, a team we looked really bad against.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
next summer perhaps, but to appoint him this season over Freddie might be an unpopular move in the dressing room

I can see the players and the fans getting behind Freddie right away, and we really need that more than results at the moment - the results would hopefully follow - and if it doesn't work out Arteta will still be available

I'd even go as far as to say that a paring of both, acting together might be very interesting.

Leverkusen did that once and it worked out pretty well - think it's a more modern approach that might become more popular with time.

With that being said, you gotta make sure that the pair you hire works along well and gets along with one another on a personal level.

Totally okay with many going to laugh if off, things that are rare and not established yet usually are. Feel like this trend could come up at some point just like with a separation of duty in regards to management.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

It is absolutely mystifying how the board still have any faith in the gormless wonder.

The only hope is that they're biding their time until Leicester inevitably thrash us before acting.

He's worn out his welcome here & now he must leave back to the Sevilla level of clubs where his "talents" are best served.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'd even go as far as to say that a paring of both, acting together might be very interesting.

Leverkusen did that once and it worked out pretty well - think it's a more modern approach that might become more popular with time.

With that being said, you gotta make sure that the pair you hire works along well and gets along with one another on a personal level.

Totally okay with many going to laugh if off, things that are rare and not established yet usually are. Feel like this trend could come up at some point just like with a separation of duty in regards to management.

Don’t think getting both is possible...Arteta won’t leave City for us unless we make him manager, and I can’t see Freddie accepting to be an assistant to Arteta...think it is one or the other...as the other poster said, try Freddie now and if it doesn’t work out get Mikel in the summer possibly.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
It is absolutely mystifying how the board still have any faith in the gormless wonder.

The only hope is that they're biding their time until Leicester inevitably thrash us before acting.

He's worn out his welcome here & now he must leave back to the Sevilla level of clubs where his "talents" are best served.

Dont worry, my friend. Mr ITK can calm you down:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

Freddie, Thierry and Arteta all trained for their coaching badges under Mike Flynn at Newport County, and share a WhatsApp group still, according to several sources

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47258633

so we could perm any two from three:)

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Freddie, Thierry and Arteta all trained for their coaching badges under Mike Flynn at Newport County, and share a WhatsApp group still, according to several sources

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47258633

so we could perm any two from three:)

I always loved the idea of Henry coming here in such a role, but that time at Monaco has left me in shock - he doesn't seem to have the mentality that is needed to be as good as a coach as he's been as a player.

The treatment he gave to some of their players wasn't quite right. Guess Arteta and Ljungberg have more patience and will to work on issues whilst Henry gets easily fed up.

arsmile

Established Member
To be fair the board have to back him 100% until the day that they back him 0% and fire him....they cant be seen to be wavering until the decision is made. I am sure they must be privately considering. But until they are 100% sure hes done, they cannot show 1% doubt hes the man.

The Leicester match is important...if we so not get a positive performance there....they will surely have to act

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
To be fair the board have to back him 100% until the day that they back him 0% and fire him....they cant be seen to be wavering until the decision is made. I am sure they must be privately considering. But until they are 100% sure hes done, they cannot show 1% doubt hes the man.

The Leicester match is important...if we so not get a positive performance there....they will surely have to act

We can only hope you're right.

pikey2000

Massive gamble giving him until the end of the season, if we lose to Leicester we could conceivably be 9 points adrift and would need both a miraculous turn of form for the remainder of the season plus a Chelsea/Leicester collapse, suddenly all your eggs are in the EL basket and you risk losing the likes of Auba if you fail on the CL again.

To me the board showed some balls in the summer, spending big despite not reaching the CL, it was a clear statement that they mean business and I can't see them just writing the season off with blind faith in Emery, they will act if the next few results go the wrong way in my opinion.

There are after all literally no signs of the team improving and i'm sure they can see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom