• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nearly all the top managers started to show their qualities immediately, and they were all unproven at one point. Everything about Arteta suggests that he is a top manager in the making, and I am afraid while we sit here and doubt his credentials, he is going to take over at City one day and it won’t feel like they have lost Pep.

Then we can add him to the long list of players that we “nearly signed”, only this time, he will be a “nearly had” coach.
Name me one point you can hang your hat on that says Arteta is a top manager in the making? What club has he successfully managed? Where is his period of success? What player has he signed that was a hit?

As for Lampard. He brought Derby to the play off final, his period of success came two fold beating United in the cup and over turning Leeds in the semis of the play off. Not to mention obtaining a play off place. He successfully brought in players from loan and improved them that they are now playing for England.

The two are not comparable. This is not a hipster point. This is fact. Arteta is a number two and is a massive unknown. Lampard was a number one done well and given his legend status at Chelsea was given a huge chance.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Name we one point you can hang your hat on that says Arteta is a top manager in the making? What club has he successfully managed? Where is his period of success? What player has he signed that was a hit?

As for Lampard. He brought Derby to the play off final, his period of success came two fold beating United in the cup and over turning Leeds in the semis of the play off. Not to mention obtaining a play off place. He successfully brought in players from loan and improved them that they are now playing for England.

The two are not comparable. This is not a hipster point. This is fact. Arteta is a number two and is a massive unknown.
What was the credentials Arsène had before coming here? Managing in Japan? What Mourinho did as first job? He took Benfica, not a small club in Portugal. Before He was assistant in Barcelona. Pep managing Boys in Barcelona B it’s a super deal right? Where Liga2 is really really below level from championship.

what job did Joachin Low had before managing Germany? Managed very low profiles teams. But he became assistant from Klissman and then he took Germany.

Not every manager needs 10 years before taking the step up.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
But anyway... I prefer little ray of hope with Arteta than this hopeless team we have with Emery.

And please don’t say ... Allegri, I cannot handle more boring and negative football.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Name me one point you can hang your hat on that says Arteta is a top manager in the making? What club has he successfully managed? Where is his period of success? What player has he signed that was a hit?

The two are not comparable. This is not a hipster point. This is fact. Arteta is a number two and is a massive unknown. Lampard was a number one done well and given his legend status at Chelsea was given a huge chance.
Such a great post. No idea what a Hipster point is though??

arsmile

Established Member
I dont think we should be so concerned about who takes over.

Anyone would have a positive impact....we dont need to be certain of his successor before we act. Just pop Freddie in and then bother with this shortlusting stuff

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mourinho would have no benefit of doubt here, so if he doesn't hit the ground running immediately things will turn sour quickly.. Then there's the question marks around him, has the game past him by, what kind of football will we see, use of academy, handling of players etc.. I quite like Mourinho these days and want to see him manage again, but not Arsenal, too much working against him before he even starts.
Mourinho starts with negative points for me. He better be pulling out Barbie dolls from his arse every minute...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

All true, but you can't deny the fact the Lampard was just thrown in the deep end at Derby, totally untested. Why, because he had the personality, the leadership qualities and drive when he was a player. All his managers saw this. Similar with Gerard. Unlike people like Ryan Giggs who was a good player but never a leader and with zero personality.

Arteta has exactly the same qualities as Lampard, and in addition he's spent a couple of years learning with one of the best managers on the planet. Everybody has nothing but praise for the guy.

This is not like taking a complete outsider, this would be a calculated risk well worth taking. And much better than risking the Spending One messing up our club like he did the last two with his toxic stuff.

CJJ

Established Member
I don't think Arteta is a wise choice. We keep complaining that we lack steel and spine within our team and i don't think he's the one to bring that sort of thing. He's going to double down on our softer aspects.

Furthermore i have doubts whether or not he'll be that well respected by the players due to his managerial record and the fact he's played with some and were deadwood at the end.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wasn't he done out of another french league title because of cheating? (The team that actually won the title was the lot doing the cheating, not big Wengz)

It was Marseille...wasn’t that the reason Arsène went to Japan, as he was so disillusioned with European football for a brief period after it?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think whoever takes over from Emery has to have great experience, including PL experience. Its not a case of someone coming in and carrying on life at the top, we are nowhere near the top and the way things are going CL will be missed for the third year in a row. Arteta would be a huge risk and I don't think we can take that option. This is not the job for inexperience, as for having patience, our fan base has the patience of a Necrophiliac in a morgue, whoever comes in has to be an instant hit.

CJJ

Established Member
No we need an Idea how we want to play. "Steel and Spine" ... we're leading the league with yellow cards btw.
Those cards are down to stupidity. How many times have everyone complained that our players look spoiled, they don't understand the gritty part of the job, nor the pride in playing your heart out for the manager and the club etc.
Thats not to say its not important to have an identity again, but its as important to have a manager that's charismatic, demands respect and is great at man management, because i feel like our players need that just as much.
And i must say that Arteta does not feel like a person that could fit the bill for the last points i raised, meaning we would quickly crumble again when the going gets tough.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
And i must say that Arteta does not feel like a person that could fit the bill for the last points i raised, .
Why, because he is young? Seems pretty revered amongst his peers when he retired.

Must admit though, you are spot on about our players needing a strong person who commands respect.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I think whoever takes over from Emery has to have great experience, including PL experience. Its not a case of someone coming in and carrying on life at the top, we are nowhere near the top and the way things are going CL will be missed for the third year in a row. Arteta would be a huge risk and I don't think we can take that option. This is not the job for inexperience, as for having patience, our fan base has the patience of a Necrophiliac in a morgue, whoever comes in has to be an instant hit.
We have had patience with emery. You cant get the team to play worse over 1,5 years and expect to have more time. IF we played Good football and we Saw a transformation on the way we would be way more forgiving imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom