• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He did the same **** as this season, it just got plastered over by a few more points. Back then you could see that this right now was where the team was headed.

Indeed some things he was doing it last season already. But still at that time he had ample time to turn things around. Actually even if the team played like last season with the new upgrades that on its own would have us sitting 3rd in the table at this moment. In other words even if we stood still we could have had a decent season. To go that far backwards is just really strange.

Looking back you are one of the few people who was against Emery early on, who comes out with any credit. The points you made still stand to this time. You also said early on last season that Emery would finish 6th or at best 5th last season and 6th in future seasons. Again that seems to be spot on.

Compare that to posters who wanted Emery out early on but couldn't really explain why besides saying they didnt like him, and kept changing the reason why he would fail. Or didn't even know how important a coach is to the side and predicting up to a few weeks ago we would finsish 3rd or 4th because the players would get us there.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
It's not working. He wont last the duration of the season at this rate. Negativity spreads like wild fire. A defeat against Leicester would more or less end him. He'll lose the home fans and then he's dead. Oh, you'll thank them then.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I honestly question if he's trying to get sacked and collect the rest of his wages to sit home. I find it incredibly tough to believe that any manager can be this bad and have conned his way into multiple top managerial jobs.

progman07

Established Member
I don't understand what happened to the guy. In the beginning of last season (first 2-3 months) we played a much more coherent game, especially in the 2nd halves.

He must go as soon as possible, there is no way he would ever challenge for trophies with us. We need a more visionary, motivational coach for this group of players.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I keep seeing posts like these lately. As if the fact Emery failed somehow justifies being too trigger happy to get rid of the manager. Or if you defended him at some point it proves you were wrong all along.

Don't know about others but I have been consistent with my points. Like any manager that comes in I was going to give him time. Wouldn't really make a judgement until his 2nd season and he has had 2-3 tranfer windows to bring in his own players. Unless of course we were way down the table.

The facts of the matter are after his first season Emery finished 1 point off the top 4 with an European final. He took over a 6th placed team and finished 5. Our squad at that time was also clearly the 6th best squad in the league.

That under most sensible criterias is good enough to get a shot to see what he could do with a better squad and time.

The fact that some people (not you) are now patting themselves on the back because they were calling for Emery to be sacked mid way through last season doesn't make them right. To me it is similar like some people have already written off Pepe, categorically saying he will turn out to be a flop. If that turns out to be the case, would we be praising them for their insight? I wouldn't, because they jumped the gun. Again being too quick to jump to conclusions.
Think there are a lot of keyboard warriors on this forum feeling they have scored some imaginary point, having voiced some opinion at some time among their +5,000 posts and are now stroking themselves incessantly in public. Quite impressive...

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I keep seeing posts like these lately. As if the fact Emery failed somehow justifies being too trigger happy to get rid of the manager. Or if you defended him at some point it proves you were wrong all along.

Don't know about others but I have been consistent with my points. Like any manager that comes in I was going to give him time. Wouldn't really make a judgement until his 2nd season and he has had 2-3 tranfer windows to bring in his own players. Unless of course we were way down the table.

The facts of the matter are after his first season Emery finished 1 point off the top 4 with an European final. He took over a 6th placed team and finished 5. Our squad at that time was also clearly the 6th best squad in the league.

That under most sensible criterias is good enough to get a shot to see what he could do with a better squad and time.

The fact that some people (not you) are now patting themselves on the back because they were calling for Emery to be sacked mid way through last season doesn't make them right. To me it is similar like some people have already written off Pepe, categorically saying he will turn out to be a flop. If that turns out to be the case, would we be praising them for their insight? I wouldn't, because they jumped the gun. Again being too quick to jump to conclusions.

Let them have their chubs. They need this.

Polar Bear

Todays game was horrific, the football is just beyond bad. I don't know what the delay is in sacking him, the more time he is here the more lower we will fall.

I can't stand the guy, I like nothing about him, he has no personality at all, he is like a android, he is so robotic

We are getting worse and worse, sooner they sack this idiot the better. Get rid of him ASAP.

Wryer

That’s a big part of the issue. I’d cut him a little more slack if he didn’t act like this was acceptable in the pressers. We have eyes, Emery.

I start to lose it when fans are treated like idiots. He is clearly side stepping key problems and treating fans like fools. I don't care if it's language barrier - speak in Spanish then.

Even during the darkest days, Wenger was always fairly honest and when he choose not to say anything about an issue - he says it in our faces. He tells you that he doesn't have to tell you because it doesn't help. Which is true. Have the guts to mean what you say and say what you mean.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't understand what happened to the guy. In the beginning of last season (first 2-3 months) we played a much more coherent game, especially in the 2nd halves.

What happened is easy to explain: in Emery's system the most important players are the full backs since build up from the wings is a big part of his philosophy. The board screwed up when they sold Monreal for nothing (one of the dumbest transfer moves ever in the club's history) and Tierney hasn't been good enough to fill the void. Meanwhile AMN and Kola's poor form this season means they can't be relied on. Without quality full backs Emery's entire system collapses like a house of cards.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
What happened is easy to explain: in Emery's system the most important players are the full backs since build up from the wings is a big part of his philosophy. The board screwed up when they sold Monreal for nothing (one of the dumbest transfer moves ever in the club's history) and Tierney hasn't been good enough to fill the void. Meanwhile AMN and Kola's poor form this season means they can't be relied on. Without quality full backs Emery's entire system collapses like a house of cards.
Are you really blaming how ****e this team is on Emery's dependency on fullbacks and claiming Tierney hasn't been good enough to fill monreals void ?, who by all accounts was atrocious last season, I think I've seen it all now, while it does have some element of truth, that definitely doesn't paint the full picture on why Emery's tenure with has been an utter failure.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Are you really blaming how ****e this team is on Emery's dependency on fullbacks and claiming Tierney hasn't been good enough to fill monreals void ?, who by all accounts was atrocious last season, I think I've seen it all now, while it does have some element of truth, that definitely doesn't paint the full picture on why Emery's tenure with has been an utter failure.

Monreal was our best player early in the season...... we would be in a much better position right now if we never sold him. And Tierney is massively overrated by Arsenal fans, so far he has looked amazing against weak Europa opposition, less so against better teams. He's yet another player who performs in his first few games and hasn't been performing ever since.

kenshinSG

Monreal was decent but not the best
Tierney is finding his feet and nobody is overrating him.
Many players have regressed or stagnant under Emery, so that is an issue with Emery.
You are employed at a top European club, and the best tactics is cutting cross by full backs?
So Pepe as winger should not be in, or should we convert him to fullback?

The fact is Emery must go.
He had 4 league games to gain 1 point for top 4 and failed
He turned up as a coward in Europa final.
He outcast Ramsey and Özil despite them able to contribute.
He still stupidly out cast Özil until Xhaka exploded.
He stupidly have 5 captains and yet knew his No1 is going to be subject to substitutions.
Why is Özil a.captajn when you don't like him?
He has not learned anything from last season till now and have yet to have a proper system.
Even his favourite fullback cutback is not working.
He has obviously lost majority of the dressing room.
He must go!

Monreal was our best player early in the season...... we would be in a much better position right now if we never sold him. And Tierney is massively overrated by Arsenal fans, so far he has looked amazing against weak Europa opposition, less so against better teams. He's yet another player who performs in his first few games and hasn't been performing ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom