• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

I'm gonna be honest - these last few pages are some of the most pedantic, boring, keyboard-warrioring stuff I've seen in my few years on A-M. ****'s sake, bud.

jn2SUmw.gif

I agree. I've tried my best but unfortunately they don't seem to know when they've been out thought and keep coming up with more of this bollocks that needs to be shot down with facts and reason.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If you look at this thread, the old Xhaka thread was deleted.
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/granit-xhaka-next-captain.33379/
Anyway, it doesn't matter when or why, the fans have singled him out.

You shouldn't bully them for mistakes. That's the problem.

In his perception, with his physical and mental abilities, he did what he felt at the time he needed to do. It resulted in a mistake. Big deal. Get over it. Don't bully him and generate more stadium/online toxicity. I'm sure you regularly play against players of Son's quality so you know what he should have done in that situation and know that stupidity is the ony explanation. Oh no, you don't and you have no idea what that's like other than armchair quarterbacking.

He's also won games and points for Arsenal with goals, passes and so on. Scored an excellent goal against Man Utd when he bamboozled De Gea.

There's world of difference between offering the opinion that he isn't good enough and blaming him for the club's results overall.

It was always about booing your own player. That was the only example I ever criticised.

Reasonable if the player was not chosen on merit. Talk about trying to put words in my fingers. All players who make it are there on merit by definition.

"justify Xhaka" wouldn't ever have been necessary if the fans hadn't unnecessarily goaded him in the first place.

Fans booing Fellaini when he's warming up is a ****ty thing to do. But it's unlikely to single him out in the middle of the pitch during a game where he's pumped up and tired and feeling attacked in quite the same way. It was you who said it happens in every game at every club and you cam up with a variety of examples that aren't the same.
The thread you posted starts from 2018 October. As I told, that's the time when fans turned against him.

He made a mistake. Fans hoped he would take responsibility. But he gave a bullshit statement. Fans booed him. Booing is not bullying. It's just a way for fans to show displeasure on his performance.

He has the record for number of goals conceded due to brainfarts. His meagre number of goals are not even close to compensate for that.

Of course, I have not played against Son. What kind of argument is that? So no one should talk about politicians because no one has actually been in politics? Why even have this forum then?

Reasonable if the player is not chosen on merit? How is that Rooney's mistake? It's the selector's mistake. Don't you think Rooney would have felt "humiliated" when his own fans booed? But that is fine in your dictionary. And you don't think Fellaini felt humiliated when he was booed even before he entered the pitch? Özil was not humiliated when he walked off during Europa finals? Players will get booed if you give a ****ty performance. If you can't even handle that, you should not be playing at this level.

Balboa

The thread you posted starts from 2018 October. As I told, that's the time when fans turned against him.

Because, as the thread states, the previous one was deleted. I remember it, and plenty of stick for Xhaka from early on.

He made a mistake. Fans hoped he would take responsibility. But he gave a bullshit statement. Fans booed him. Booing is not bullying. It's just a way for fans to show displeasure on his performance.

He acknowledged the mistake. What fans don't seem to understand is that mistakes are part of the game, whether missing chances or whatever. What they refuse to take responsibility for is their own crappy behaviour.

He has the record for number of goals conceded due to brainfarts. His meagre number of goals are not even close to compensate for that.

What are brainfarts? He made some errors. So what? So have many other players.

Of course, I have not played against Son. What kind of argument is that? So no one should talk about politicians because no one has actually been in politics? Why even have this forum then?

You can talk about it, but you don't know why it happened and it doesn't justify negativity towards a single player just to relieve supporter frustration.

Reasonable if the player is not chosen on merit? How is that Rooney's mistake? It's the selector's mistake. Don't you think Rooney would have felt "humiliated" when his own fans booed? But that is fine in your dictionary. And you don't think Fellaini felt humiliated when he was booed even before he entered the pitch? Özil was not humiliated when he walked off during Europa finals? Players will get booed if you give a ****ty performance. If you can't even handle that, you should not be playing at this level.

Again you flail at attempts to put words in my typing fingers. Nobody ever said anything about it being reasonable or fine. It is different. The squad wasn't a fixed entity. It's all still wrong, but England fans are less accountable than Arsenal fans who watch their team each week.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Because, as the thread states, the previous one was deleted. I remember it, and plenty of stick for Xhaka from early on.
But not personal, the change seemed to be with performances over the years... This thread shows how the majority felt early when reviewing the window on deadline day 2016.

https://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/rate-the-transfer-window.29526/

Of course some went overboard like this clown.
Voted 9

Delighted with the window.

We signed one of the top central defenders & central midfielders to change clubs this window. Both under the age of 25 so room for further improvement. Exactly the point a club in our position should sign.

Wenger attempted to sign three different pacey strikers who were prolific in the 15/16 season. Lucas Perez would not have been my primary choice but he has everything in his game we need. After the unexpected Vardy rejection & looking at the general quality of strikers moving we recovered well & better than normal.

The Japanese striker, Nigerian midfielder & Holding all promising well priced young players.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I'm gonna be honest - these last few pages are some of the most pedantic, boring, keyboard-warrioring stuff I've seen in my few years on A-M. ****'s sake, bud.

jn2SUmw.gif

Tell your mum to stop putting a finger Up My ass when we bang!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
And then he is constantly (atleast this season) played as a CDM and we dont field a DM
Beginning of season its him and Guendozi who was all over the place

Likewise last season where Torreira was eased in and then had a big slump in form.

We've got several players out of position, questiobable formation and tactics and No coherance in neither

Yet all falls on Xhakas shoulders?

We didnt magically look better without him last game or any other game either really

The times he have been subbed early and we have looked better is because we swapped formation not because X isnt playing

With the incident that happened against Palace, fans are gonna be on his back during games unless he is constantly playing perfectly, think it’s better for both to just move on...he is scapegoated as even when he plays well he is the first to get stick, but I don’t think the way he plays suits England.

CanadianGooner1608

Have carefully avoided this thread until I thought about the situation a little.

"Fans" (making them one entity is wrong in my opinion, even within the stadium) were wrong to cheer his substitution and then jeer at him for not going fast enough. As a rule of thumb, I hate to see our own players get booed by us during a game. Hated it for Eboue, hated it for Bellerin, hate it for Xhaka.

That said, we were chasing a goal, emotions run high in a football game, and sometimes you act without thinking. Doesn't excuse the behaviour, but makes it understandable.

Xhaka was also wrong to throw a tantrum, throw the armband, insult the fans, take off his shirt and walk off. Any Arsenal player need to be able to "take it". Doesn't mean they should have to, but they should be able to, the captain of the club more so than anyone else.

That said he was dealing with a lot of abuse, mainly online, to him and the people he loves. He might have been brought to this place mentally. Professionally, I'm sure he is as frustrated as anybody that we're not winning. Maybe he blames himself, maybe he doesn't, but even taking the "love for the shirt" out of the equation, you earn more money when you're successful. You play for your country when you're a constant fixture in a team providing good results. Even if selfishly, I'm sure he is frustrated by our results.

Does it excuse what he did? No, but at least we can also understand his side without condoning his actions.

Booing fans and Xhaka, neither was in the right. The whole situation is a meltdown. Hope they all come back to their senses. The only thing we're supposed to be as an entity is a club with class. Players and fans alike.

Do I want Xhaka at Arsenal? No, and I don't find him good enough for the EPL in general. He would most likely be good/great elsewhere, but not here. Game is just too fast for him.

I believe we should be able to make this point or the one opposite to it without insulting the player himself or have his die hard fans throw insults at you. Extremes never elevate anyone and some of the behaviours on this thread have shown that.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I believe we should be able to make this point or the one opposite to it without insulting the player himself or have his die hard fans throw insults at you. Extremes never elevate anyone and some of the behaviours on this thread have shown that.

Err, buddy do you think this kind of behaviour is restricted to this thread, or this forum?

How about the whole goddam Internet? Where have you been dude? People don’t play nice out here bruh :lol::lol:

Balboa

Didn't you just join this ****ing forum? And if you have read through Xhaka's thread before you joined you need to reconsider your life choices!

No, I didn't just join this forum.

Plus stop repeating yourself. If is really tedious!

Merely making the pertinent point as and when prompted by the points made by others.

What I find tedious is people being needlessly confrontational. Like the fans booing Xhaka or fronty people being needlessly salty on forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom