• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
That Monaco side he lost to is seriously under rated. A lethal Falcoa and Mbappe up front. Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, Lemar and Moutinho in midfield. they also had Mendy and Sidibe. A brilliant side who also kicked Pep's ass in the Champions League Quarter finals that season . Imo that side would have won most leagues that year.
Im just basing it off his 'squad cost' theory.

GunnerShy

It's not like the guy can't manage our coach but something has gone wrong this year and is he can't get it going quickly he will have to go

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
When mustafi has to bail us out vs farmers you know the coach has it all wrong. I'm officially on board. Ebery out.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He is a decent manager that perhaps struggles to manage bigger clubs. I think he is more suited to medium sized clubs.

He seems to have lost the plot a bit this season but last season he performed to par.
1-1-5 last 7 games in PL last year. The loss vs wolves they had a red card 11 minutes in. Lost 4-1 in the finals vs chelsea.

Can't say last season was performed to par imo.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Is someone going to put this geezer out of misery or what ?, when you have a sick dog you dont let it writhe around in pain you put it down....

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
1-1-5 last 7 games in PL last year. The loss vs wolves they had a red card 11 minutes in. Lost 4-1 in the finals vs chelsea.

Can't say last season was performed to par imo.

Wolves didn't have any player send off. Think you mean Watford, a game we won anyway.

A said par when you take the season as a whole. Obviously we under performed near the end. Similarly we over perfomed at other parts. For example..

A run of 11 straight wins, a 20 game unbeaten run. 4-2 vs Sp**s, 2-0 Man Utd, 2-0 Chelsea, 3-0 Napoli 7-3 Valencia. All those teams except Valencia had better squads than us. Again people would downplay these results 'lucky streak', 'we should be expecting these kind of results' etc but for a manager in his first season, taking over from a legendary manager who had been here for more than 20 years. It was a decent start, certainly not under performing.

If we don't let our emotions of disappointment and what could have been cloud our judgement, realistically the season as a whole was a par. Emery took over a team who finished 6th, we also had the 6th best squad in the league. He finished 5th, improving 7 points from the previous season. And while people might down play the EL, we did get to the final. Beating convincingly 2 very good teams on the way, who most neutrals thought we had no chance of beating.

This season on the other hand has been a complete car crash. We are a shadow of a football team. I swear there are amateur teams around who could beat us at the moment (they would at a minimum out shoot us). It has resulted in Emery getting more and more desperate, tinkering even more to find a solution. It has backfired, fans have turned against him and now the players too. Once the players give up on you it is definitely over. There is no way back for him. Ideally we should put him out of his misery sooner rather than later.

NZgunner

Could Emery actually get us relegated?

We seem so bereft of direction and purpose and everyone should fancy getting points off us at the moment, and there's nothing to suggest Emery can turn it around.

Relegation - probably not, but I think things are bad enough that we could flirt with the relegation places like Sp**s did back in 2008/9.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Could Emery actually get us relegated?

We seem so bereft of direction and purpose and everyone should fancy getting points off us at the moment, and there's nothing to suggest Emery can turn it around.

Relegation - probably not, but I think things are bad enough that we could flirt with the relegation places like Sp**s did back in 2008/9.
Certainly feels like it but we're likely to get more draws than losses playing this way so we wouldn't get relegated I don't think. We'd probably finish midtable.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thanks. In the 7 years since Quatar Investments bought PSG they've won the league 6 times with a variety of managers, Monaco only once.
Gives us the stats for all the major leagues. It'll be fun. A bunch of posters will wish death on you and others will put you on ignore. I'll enjoy it but the info will show a clear pattern. One you've suggested has always been there. Go trax. Your crusade is but a pup. End your hiatus.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just read the story about unhappy Torreira. Unai is losing out in the dressing room. I can't see him keeping Aubameyang and Lacazzete in penning new deals. In 2020/21, the team will only have Unai and his random captains. I do feel for him needing to handle the Wenger 'legacy' and the aftermath of Özil on high payroll. But after him 15 months in charge there is no improvement and the squad is obviously unsettled.

Unai can't do man management, can't communicate fully and succinctly, and can't win despite the team being one or two goal leading. Sack him now. Let Freddie be interim manager in two weeks before getting a new manager.

Jae

I said this team would implode this season and I was right.

We've got loads of unhappy players, some who don't want to be here anymore, some great players who should be playing and aren't, some world class players who are carrying the team but being let down by everyone else, and a manager who doesn't know how to make a decision.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Was just looking back at the results going back to the game at Everton. 6 wins, 6 draws, 6 defeats :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gives us the stats for all the major leagues. It'll be fun. A bunch of posters will wish death on you and others will put you on ignore. I'll enjoy it but the info will show a clear pattern. One you've suggested has always been there. Go trax. Your crusade is but a pup. End your hiatus.
Steady bro, I'm in enough trouble for suggesting the club has squad issues as well as Emery. And making the case for Arteta :eek:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Thanks. In the 7 years since Quatar Investments bought PSG they've won the league 6 times with a variety of managers, Monaco only once.

The fact that people say squad cost theory like it's something you need to ponder and bring evidence and citations to prove. It's literally facts, Chelsea won 1 league title in 100 years before Roman and now have 5 in 15. Is that because they suddenly figured out the secret to great scouting and squad management?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The fact that people say squad cost theory like it's something you need to ponder and bring evidence and citations to prove. It's literally facts, Chelsea won 1 league title in 100 years before Roman and now have 5 in 15. Is that because they suddenly figured out the secret to great scouting and squad management?
Yeah, it's amazing. And even more ridiculous, they always tag me with it, as if it was somehow my outlandish and crazy theory.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom