• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester vs Arsenal | KO:17:30 | Saturday 9th November | Sky Sports

Which of these will happen first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well before we sold Iwobi I assumed that'd be the front 4 we'd be going with. :lol:

Then we sold Iwobi and decided who needs an LW. :facepalm:

I don’t think we could afford Pepe and the others without balancing the books. Gazidis’ banter approach to squad construction and contract renewals left us with no moveable assets apart from Iwobi.

I hope that’s the reason anyway and not because they didn’t think we needed him.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So my point Still stands. You can go far up the table with an average defence as long as you have a lethal attack.
That was basically Wengers tactics for years even on a shoe string and it worked.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

KSI and Leicester double, quite a bit of money on it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would encourage everyone on here to bet on Arsenal. If you haven’t got the money, beg or steal and lump it all on Arsenal.

Red panty night.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think we could afford Pepe and the others without balancing the books. Gazidis’ banter approach to squad construction and contract renewals left us with no moveable assets apart from Iwobi.

I hope that’s the reason anyway and not because they didn’t think we needed him.
Honestly I think Iwobi's poor end product made him more expendable while still being a decent enough asset based on his talent and experience. As I've said before, I would have kept him and additionally, I would have liked to see him in a more central role for us but as a LW I wasn't completely against the idea of him leaving as long as we got the appropriate value for him (I wanted £45m at least, £40m was close enough).

I was (and am still) looking forward to seeing one of the young bucks in Saka/Nelson duke it out for supremacy in that spot, I'd wanted that for ages (Initially included Amaechi and ESR but former left and latter is better central). It would be hypocritical of me to bemoan that scenario as a plight. Most of my disappointment comes from our poor attacking set-up, which IMO is solely Emery's doing. We have the talent there, it's a pretty dynamic attack we have now. Under a more attack-oriented manager, our attack would be much better IMO.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honestly I think Iwobi's poor end product made him more expendable while still being a decent enough asset based on his talent and experience. As I've said before, I would have kept him and additionally, I would have liked to see him in a more central role for us but as a LW I wasn't completely against the idea of him leaving as long as we got the appropriate value for him (I wanted £45m at least, £40m was close enough).

I was (and am still) looking forward to seeing one of the young bucks in Saka/Nelson duke it out for supremacy in that spot, I'd wanted that for ages (Initially included Amaechi and ESR but former left and latter is better central). It would be hypocritical of me to bemoan that scenario as a plight. Most of my disappointment comes from our poor attacking set-up, which IMO is solely Emery's doing. We have the talent there, it's a pretty dynamic attack we have now. Under a more attack-oriented manager, our attack would be much better IMO.

Yeah the central role was staring us right in the face , only way to justify if Ceballos was WC. At this stage it's not turning out that way . Iwobi was our best ball carrier.

blrgooner

Established Member
Under Emery we are basically playing a 6-1-3 formation. I don`t think Iwobi(as good as he is on the ball) would have made that much of difference in this kind of a system.
Having said that, a game against Leicester is the perfect game for this kind of setup. Park the bus and win by an odd goal scored through a counter attack. It would be ridiculous if a result here can help Emery keep his job.

Was discussing on FT and people there realise that your squad is talented, just that you seem lost and out of form.
However, such things end, it could be this weekend, thats the worry.
Lets hope not eh! :lol:

Highbury

Don’t care about the result at this point, I just want to see something different for Emery. Change the formation, change the tactics, just bloody do something that is different o what you have done at the club since 2018.

It is amazing how oblivious Emery is to the fact that he is on the ropes. It doesn’t even seem that he is trying to save his job.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Normally I would not choose to sacrifice a result. But this time it's a case of losing 3 Points now to gain many Points by the end of the season. If a loss means Emery goes, then I won't be unhappy.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We are gonna win. It's deserved karma for lacking the balls to fire Emery already.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Fearing this fixture. Will be watching with the only true lifelong LCFC fan I know.. my dad. Sigh!
Expecting a loss, hoping for a draw, praying for a win.
Not sure where a draw leaves Emery. I would imagine jobless. Although I've seen more spineless moves from our board.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Fearing this fixture. Will be watching with the only true lifelong LCFC fan I know.. my dad. Sigh!
Expecting a loss, hoping for a draw, praying for a win.
Not sure where a draw leaves Emery. I would imagine jobless. Although I've seen more spineless moves from our board.
Will be watching this with my father in law. He was a big Wenger fan too and can't stand Emery. 5 minutes in he'll go for a walk and say,'I'm not watching this'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom