• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexagon9

A couple of weeks ago a poster mused that he/she thought the fan base would probably be 60/40 against Mourinho. He/she must’ve fiddled the AM poll!!!!

Reactions: A_G

GDeep™

League is very weak
Benitez I would take over most guys btw. Stable manager, a likeable guy, only issue is that I don’t think he’s an over achiever, so we’ll finish 5th with him most seasons.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Newcastle actually played "fun football" after the arrival of Almiron last season.
He added some spice, but Newcastle were the worst team in the league to watch.

Also, this season Steve Bruce has got decent results against top teams, performed away from home etc. They’ve looked solid and hard to break down. He’s matching Benitez.

It’s not only style of football, I also don’t think Benitez could take a lesser squad and surpass clubs like Chelsea and Utd who will spend big next summer.

Kysus

The only "accomplished" manager I would be interested in is Bielsa.
We need a Master tactican with really deep tactical knownledge thinking outside of the box.
In comparison to Pep and Klopp most managers are just donkeys pressing random buttons.
Bielsa one of the few who can compete with them tactically

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
The only "accomplished" manager I would be interested in is Bielsa.
We need a Master tactican with really deep tactical knownledge thinking outside of the box.
In comparison to Pep and Klopp most managers are just donkeys pressing random buttons.
Bielsa one of the few who can compete with them tactically

He is a loose cannon.

ChefMan21

Wish list stuff mate. Conte isn’t leaving Inter, and Arteta isn’t leaving City or Pep for an assistant role at a bum club like Arsenal.
I want us to be ambitious. If we stop being ambitious we stop being relevant as a major club. Call him, give him the contract he wants, and give him the resources he needs so we're at least competitive with Man City and Liverpool in the next couple of years. To me Arteta is not an ambitious target: he's a target when we're just hoping something comes good. If we're serious about a title sign a serious, title winning, manager.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I think Arteta would be a far better choice then Mourinho he is the real brain for Guardiola people should read some articles about Artetas work at City he should be priority 1.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I want us to be ambitious. If we stop being ambitious we stop being relevant as a major club. Call him, give him the contract he wants, and give him the resources he needs so we're at least competitive with Man City and Liverpool in the next couple of years. To me Arteta is not an ambitious target: he's a target when we're just hoping something comes good. If we're serious about a title sign a serious, title winning, manager.

It doesn’t work like that. He’s got a contract, so we’ll have to pay that compensation, then you’ll have to convince him to leave a CL, title chasing team to join a EL team like Arsenal. Arsenal who also are probably now the 5th team in England, big step down for him.

I know what you mean, but it’s not that simple.

Also, I don’t think we are serious about a title, our targets, like with Wenger, are top 4.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Arteta has worked first hand with the City players. They’ve praised his input.
City were winning before and after Arteta. In fact they reached a higher points total when he wasn't there. Let him prove himself at Southampton or something.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I just want a manager who can communicate properly with the players, and the press for that matter

as it stands getting the team united behind a new manager is more important than his vision, experience, tactical nous etc etc

we need a manager who understands and plays to our strengths, and once the team understand what he wants, and are happy with their roles, the results will follow

ChefMan21

I wonder how much people would want Arteta if he wasn't associated with Guardiola and/or wasn't a former Arsenal player? I always think of Obama's speechwriters; great speechwriters, sure, but you're not Obama.
I'll add the bolded bit to the above.

Here, I'll put it this way. Instead of Arteta, should we sign Rodolfo Borrell?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Any news apart from GDeep keep saying the same thing over and over again?

Nothing substantial from a trustworthy source really.

I would imagine the board hopes to hold off till the summer at the earliest, but if the current results keep going, their hand might be forced.

GDeep™

League is very weak
City were winning before and after Arteta. In fact they reached a higher points total when he wasn't there. Let him prove himself at Southampton or something.

Fine. Who do you want? Most of the time I ask this I get a terrible alternative. Realistically, who do you want?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'll add the bolded bit to the above.

Here, I'll put it this way. Instead of Arteta, should we sign Rodolfo Borrell?
If he wants to be a manager, done his coaching badges, and is highly regarded as a future potential manager, why not? Has Pep touted him to take over the City job? Like he has Arteta?

Who do want anyway? If we can’t get Conte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom