• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccy_man

Established Member

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Well what people expect doesn't matter I'm talking about what actually happens. Xhaka is better than Torreira, it's why Torreira is benched.

Torreira isn't a quarter of the player Kante is, and he's even smaller than Kante is!

I think it's the opposite with you, you hate Xhaka so much you're overrating him. I think they're both crap and are why our midfield is poor it's just that Torreira is worse.

Xhaka has given us 4 years of mostly average performances littered with numerous mistakes leading to goals. Torreira has given us a good half season, followed by a poor second and hadn't really got going so far this season. People are hoping he can get back to that early form which is why there's a bit more leeway. If he's given a proper run and doesn't get back to that then he'll rightly come in for criticism and people not being bothered if he's moved on.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Xhaka has given us 4 years of mostly average performances littered with numerous mistakes leading to goals. Torreira has given us a good half season, followed by a poor second and hadn't really got going so far this season. People are hoping he can get back to that early form which is why there's a bit more leeway. If he's given a proper run and doesn't get back to that then he'll rightly come in for criticism and people not being bothered if he's moved on.

But if he's poor every game he plays why does he deserve a proper run? Do you not want a meritocracy? Torreira hasn't earned a place in the first 11.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
But if he's poor every game he plays why does he deserve a proper run? Do you not want a meritocracy? Torreira hasn't earned a place in the first 11.
If we play Özil at DM and he doesn't perform does he also not merit a place in the first 11? Or Leno on the wing (Maybe a bit extreme that). Or Willock at Right Back.
I;m impartial to Torreira. I haven't seen anything, this season, that suggests he is any good but he DEFINITELY has been played in the wrong position.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If we play Özil at DM and he doesn't perform does he also not merit a place in the first 11? Or Leno on the wing (Maybe a bit extreme that). Or Willock at Right Back.
I;m impartial to Torreira. I haven't seen anything, this season, that suggests he is any good but he DEFINITELY has been played in the wrong position.

He's gets played in midfield, CM is not that drastically different from DM. His job is easier if anything, I've see enough of his performances to see why Unai doesn't trust him to protect the back 4. I wouldn't either.

But I agree with you on that I'd bin both Xhaka and Torreira. They're too flawed.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Torreira isn't a quarter of the player Kante is, and he's even smaller than Kante is!

Yeah and even if we ignore that Kante is flat out a much better footballer than him, he's also on a different level athletically. Torreira's stature is definitely a concern, and he hasn't shown to be good enough in other parts of the game to make up for it.

He will/should get a run in his favoured position now, so let's see if he can prove himself then. Atm I don't care if he gets sold.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He's gets played in midfield, CM is not that drastically different from DM. His job is easier if anything, I've see enough of his performances to see why Unai doesn't trust him to protect the back 4. I wouldn't either.

But I agree with you on that I'd bin both Xhaka and Torreira. They're too flawed.
Far too flawed. I don't want midfielders where it is a huge jigsaw puzzle just to get them competing in the league. I want bodies you can put in a team with virtually anybody and they will work.
Too many one-trick (some no trick too) ponies in this team.

Jae

:lol:

Spot on. You're however arguing with clueless posters so don't waste your time.

Jokers like @Jae and @Ricardinho will argue that Xhaka is our only problem in midfield, yet at the same time suck off Torreria big time.

We've now played 3 games in a row without Xhaka, and Torreria has started 2 of them, and this is probably the worst we've ever looked under Bumnai.

I'd tell you to go take your mouth for a sh1t but then again that's the whole point of you being here isn't it? :lol:

Jae

I agree with this though. People act like Xhaka is the worst player ever and Torreir is the difference between us getting a CL spot and not. Xhaka has out performed Torreira his whole time here and people still act like Torreira is gonna be he difference maker.

Where has ANYBODY said this mate? I wish people would stop making up these false arguments just to try and make a point.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'll be honest, I wouldn't be upset if we binned both Xhaka and Torreira. we need some steel in midfield, we need a deep creator who can resist a press.
Both need to go. Keep Guendouzi and Willock and try to sign Ceballos (but don't break our necks for him), then sign two top CMs in the summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think you let Xhaka, Lucas, Dani etc all leave. Leaves us only Guendouzi?

Hire my boy Arteta and let him sort the midfield out.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

No one is happy here at Arsenal it seems, I don't blame them either though with the way the club is going & being run. I wonder what would happen though if Emery left & got someone like Ljungberg or someone else as caretaker for now & things started going up hill again though?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Where has ANYBODY said this mate? I wish people would stop making up these false arguments just to try and make a point.

Xhaka will be the player that ends Emery's Arsenal career.

Here's one pretty close to it. :lol:

Blaming Xhaka for your boy Bumnai's shortcomings. Such a clueless bloke you're man.:rofl:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He's getting ****ed because he's not the CM Emery wanted. Clear as day.

Jae

Here's one pretty close to it. :lol:

Blaming Xhaka for your boy Bumnai's shortcomings. Such a clueless bloke you're man.:rofl:

Okay mate :rolleyes:

Might want to check my posting on Emery and Xhaka first before you go quoting stuff out of context.

Nice try :lol: All the best.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Think you let Xhaka, Lucas, Dani etc all leave. Leaves us only Guendouzi?

Hire my boy Arteta and let him sort the midfield out.

Why not? Guendouzi is the only midfielder we have that is worth keeping. And even so I question how good Guendouzi can be on the long run, cause ATM he's a flawed player who needs to improve his positioning and release the ball faster. No manager can sort out our midfield without major investments, cause our midfielders are not good enough.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Why not? Guendouzi is the only midfielder we have that is worth keeping. And even so I question how good Guendouzi can be on the long run, cause ATM he's a flawed player who needs to improve his positioning and release the ball faster. No manager can sort out our midfield without major investments, cause our midfielders are not good enough.

We will say the same things about our new signings in midfield.

We binned players (Coquelin, Ramsey, Elneny) and bought new players (Torreira, Ceballos) or from our academy (Willock).

Torreira was fantastic for Uruguay and in the Serie A and it took us some months to turn him into average. The same with Ceballos so far.

Nothing will improve with our midfield, if we will not have a manager who will get the best out of every single player (not only in midfield).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom